Wookstock 1969! :D 40th anniversary

Soldjermon

Note: I'm not sure if this should be in the debate section or not. if so, someone move this topic there. if not, then just leave it.

well, since today(08-15-09) is the 40th anniversary of Woodstock 1969. I know it seems far-fetched to bring it up in this message board, but why not?

for me, I'm all about hippie culture, and loving every bit of it(except the drugs part, since I care less about that). the music, the clothes, the colors.. oh, it was so awesome! :D

just wished that I was actually at Woodstock '69; but I wasn't even born, or even a thought yet and my mother was only 8 years of age of when that happened. XP

so, my question to you all is, what do you like(or dislike) about Woodstock of 1969?

- Soldjermon

This might be quite the informal post, but then again....

To be honest, Woodstock is overated. two of my best friends were born in hippie communes in northern Oregon and one was born an immature drug baby, and for all this hype about Woodstock just because hollywood wants to make a quick buck on its 40th anniversary by making a movie about it and encouraging teenagers to join the hippie stero-type? It's a bit dissapointing to me... The hippie community has so much to offer to our world and the Christian Church and all beliefs for that matter, with ideas of oneness, sharing everything that one owns, simple love and understanding, and the list goes on... pointing at the Christian church, I believe Ghandi was one of the smartest "hippies" (yess yess, you may be thinking "what are you talking about? Ghandi didn't drive a VW bus, have long hair, a leather vest, tie-dye, and a big peace sign amulet... but look past your definition of a "hippie", past their musical preferences, past their sense of fashion (or lack of clothes period) into their believes and lifestyles. Ghandi fits in pretty well.) Ghandi had the right idea when he said "I love your Christ, but I hate you Christians, you are nothing like your Christ." Jesus was probably the biggest hippie in history. He came onto the scene (either if you believe he was the Son of Man, or just a prophet) and shook things up. He challenged the government, he associated with the prostitutes, the beggars, and the other "untouchables" of his time, peacefully and through love. If today's Christians would simply love like Christ and do what the hippies do, share all their possessions, live a meager, servant life, one would find all they need and be happy. This applies for all religions and ways of life.

But thats a-whole-nother can of beans for a different day or topic...

After this last year of high school, I plan on road tripping from my home in North Carolina, through the Red Wood forests of CA, into the hippie commune that my two friends I mentioned earlier are from. I believe that living with them for a few months will really make me feel fresh, avoiding all the pills and acid though of course. If I'm still playing pokemon next year (of course I will be, HG+SS will be amazing!) I'll document my experience and share it here with pictures and video..

however, I seriously disapprove the stereotypical "hippie" kids... it'll be a fad like all the scene kids running around thinking they are "hard core" (no offense at all, I'm just strongly against people relying on stereotypes to make them fit in. I'm a proud sponsor of the Be Who You Are program called Life, its tough and you won't make it unless you do some soul searching and try being who you were born to be, not what's cool at the time...)

Let me stress that again, Be Yourself, Not What Is Cool At The Time.

Besides, the movie they're releasing isn't even going to be good in my honest opinion. I've heard from various people who can beat anyone in a friendly game of six degree of separation that the Taking Woodstock movie is just a film thrown together with the biggest stereotypes of the late 60's.

ehhh big long rant, sorry.

EDIT: soldjermon, i sent you a pm on ARDS :P my code manager program fails.