Italian Pokémon Blue I want to copy the US algorithm for the name reading after OLDMAN glitch into the shove

Hello, I've started an italian hack that is a sort of italian version of Pokémon Green on italian Pokémon Blue rom, it's already done, but I wanted to add an extra feature. In the italian versions of Red and Blue the developers for avoid the appears of MissingN°. have changed the shove near Cinnabar Gym, I've fixed it, but however also if I talk with the OLDMAN the game can read only the end of my name, at the end of the trainer name there is a 50 value, the italian version read that value like a pokémon level (level 80 then) and after there are the 00 values of the blank space, then can appear only 'M. If I hack the savegame and I add other values after the 50 value (Like B8) can appear the Ghost MissingN°., the problem is that the italian version can read only the 50 value for the level and I don't know why, in the US version if my name is EMA, due to the M on my name, can appear a level 140 Golduck. There is a way to replace this algorithm also for the italian Blue version? Can you help me please?