Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you installed the version with the files in Luma, just delete the files in luma that corresponds to the game’s version ID

Thank u. I did It, but It is still the same.

I'm afraid I'll never be able to uninstall this version. :D

I followed these instructions when I installed.

CFW+CIA Installation Instructions

You cannot have a .cia of Star Sapphire installed at the same time as a copy of Alpha Sapphire, same for Rutile and Omega Ruby.

1. Obtain a .cia or .3ds ROM of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
  2. Uninstall any Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire updates you have on your 3DS.
  3. Download and extract the "Compile Your Own" file for the hack you want to play from the bottom of this thread.
  4. Decrypt your ROM with Decrypt9 and put it in the Distribution Pack's "CIA Tools/Asia81 Hacking Toolkit v5.3" folder.
  5. Run "SetupUS.exe".
  6. Run "HackingToolkit3DS.exe"
  7. Enter CE to extract a .cia ROM or D to extract a .3ds ROM.
  8. Copy the contents of "/CIA Tools/exefs" to the newly generated "ExtractedExeFS" folder. Overwrite everything.
  9. Copy the "a" folder from the Distribution Pack's "romfs" folder to the "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Overwrite everything.
  10. If you want to use the Leveled or 679 Builds, copy the "a" folder from "Encounter Type/Leveled Build" or "Encounter Type/679 Build" into the "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Do this after you complete the last step, not instead of it!
  11. Now is when you can use PK3DS to randomize your game if you want to. I recommend using the Leveled or 679 Build as a base if you intend to randomize.
  12. Run "HackingToolkit3DS.exe" again.
  13. Enter CR to build a .cia file. You can now delete everything in the "Asia81 Hacking Toolkit v5.3" folder except your new .cia and "HackingToolkit3DS.exe".
  14. Copy this .cia file and the "CIA Tools/Online_Patch_xxx.cia" file for your region to your 3DS SD Card.
  15. Install both .cia files with FBI, and enjoy the game!
Edited by jonnyjones00

43 minutes ago, jonnyjones00 said:

Thank u. I did It, but It is still the same.

I'm afraid I'll never be able to uninstall this version. :D

I followed these instructions when I installed.

CFW+CIA Installation Instructions

You cannot have a .cia of Star Sapphire installed at the same time as a copy of Alpha Sapphire, same for Rutile and Omega Ruby.

1. Obtain a .cia or .3ds ROM of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
  2. Uninstall any Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire updates you have on your 3DS.
  3. Download and extract the "Compile Your Own" file for the hack you want to play from the bottom of this thread.
  4. Decrypt your ROM with Decrypt9 and put it in the Distribution Pack's "CIA Tools/Asia81 Hacking Toolkit v5.3" folder.
  5. Run "SetupUS.exe".
  6. Run "HackingToolkit3DS.exe"
  7. Enter CE to extract a .cia ROM or D to extract a .3ds ROM.
  8. Copy the contents of "/CIA Tools/exefs" to the newly generated "ExtractedExeFS" folder. Overwrite everything.
  9. Copy the "a" folder from the Distribution Pack's "romfs" folder to the "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Overwrite everything.
  10. If you want to use the Leveled or 679 Builds, copy the "a" folder from "Encounter Type/Leveled Build" or "Encounter Type/679 Build" into the "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Do this after you complete the last step, not instead of it!
  11. Now is when you can use PK3DS to randomize your game if you want to. I recommend using the Leveled or 679 Build as a base if you intend to randomize.
  12. Run "HackingToolkit3DS.exe" again.
  13. Enter CR to build a .cia file. You can now delete everything in the "Asia81 Hacking Toolkit v5.3" folder except your new .cia and "HackingToolkit3DS.exe".
  14. Copy this .cia file and the "CIA Tools/Online_Patch_xxx.cia" file for your region to your 3DS SD Card.
  15. Install both .cia files with FBI, and enjoy the game!

if you're using this, you've installed the eshop version of the game.

To be clear, is the app icon of the modded game, or is the actual game (when playing) the modded version.

To my understanding, the 3DS has a separate place where it stores app icons, so the game itself might be original,
despite the app icon being the modded (of course, this is provided you installed the correct file).

[To be clear, I know this to be the case for the activity log, not sure if it affects standard home of the 3DS, but still interesting to note.
My key concern is whether both the icon and the game is the "modded version", or only one.]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/19/2015 at 2:02 AM, Dio_Vento said:
EJhXmSO.png6xkhvab.png

Romhack of: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire are romhacks of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that you level up very quickly. You should be hitting Level 100 by the time you get to the Elite Four.

(As discussed, link removed as it directs to page that host files from ROMs. Please upload files accepted by the forum, thanks :D)

On 12/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, Anon0101 said:

Is there any way to (easily) modify the game so that I can play with a less steep level curve? I wanted to play with the legit build...

The easiest thing to do would be to edit the patched ROM with PK3DS and, under Personal, go to the Enhancement tab.

In the bottom rectangle of options, change Final XP % to a number greater than 100, and check Modify EXP Yield.

Then hit Modify All

This will bump up the Base Experience yield of every Pokemon, so your Pokemon will level more quickly.

keep track of the number you use and modify by, because if you want to change it back or decrease or increase it, you'll want to recall all the %s you used.

44 minutes ago, eliamisael said:

I recommend using google if you are lost.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone else been experiencing crashes in Shoal Cave at high tide?

I think I might have tracked down the problem - working in PK3DS, the encounter data for the last few Shoal Cave rooms is all zeroed out, but when I tried editing them to add in encounter(s), it deletes the changes... So there might be some weird glitch either with something in this ROMhack, or something with Pk3DS in general?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 8:43 AM, King_Of_Pokemon said:

anyone having issues creating a new romhack and attempting to play it onl for citra to close upon trying to start the game?

yes i have this problem too.

i make the Modified_ROM in the Star_Sapphire_679 folder in the Extra_Files folder.

i put the original alpha sapphire 3ds/cia file inside Extra_Files folder,

made all 3 setps (Extract_ROM, Patch_ROM, Rebuild_3DS).

and the Modified_ROM created not working well. i even Decrypted it with some othe program and still citra crash after i open it.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to evolve my Eevee into Jolteon, but having trouble finding a Thunder Stone - and it's about to go past LV37 (where Jolteon learns Discharge).

I found Leaf and Water Stones on wild Pokémon, but just no Thunder Stones... and the strategy guide doesn't say anything about evolution stones.

Help?

• 2 months later...

Hello! Great rom! I'm currently playing it at 5 badges in. I love the difficulty in the games. I've already lost to some NPCs which i thought I'd never lose too (LOl) 

i do have some minor complaints (Still a good game don't get me wrong , i have played other roms like External X , Blaze Black 2  . Those are great games as well and i haven't had any issues or complaints on those )

anyways i really do get frustrated by the focus Sash's that i occasionally do run into. Its a good item yes but its kinda annoying. Ran into 5+ of them.  In the other difficulty rom games i never ran into that items before that i can recall and even the Battle frontier dont use it much. Thats a issue i have (hopefully i don't encounter anymore) later on. Another thing is that i know this is supposed to be difficult , (BUT) Agh i really hated this one part when you meet Maxie at the Oceanic Museum and that one grunt has a Grimer with Minimize , Toxic , Venom drench , (forgot the last move) That wasnt difficult but it was a very very cheap trick (won by making it use struggle) I'll never forget that battle. ; __ ;  took hours  again not difficult but super cheap!  hopefully i never run into that kinds of cheap trick. 

Those 2 were my only complaints so far but again i do love the difficulty curve.!!  Its been fun except those darn focus sash NPCs ! (not challenging to beat but super annoying lol)

anyways great rom hack or whatever these are called!  I just wanted to give feedback on your rom

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

I have really enjoyed playing Rutile Ruby. I hadn't owned any video game/console since the original Nintendo DS. Then, when the pandemic started, I bought a Switch and no I have been working backward, and Rutile Ruby gave me the same rush I felt as a kid!!

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer. 

Q1. I can no longer access the map without getting a strange error message. After looking through this forum, I think the problem may have started when I installed Omega Ruby Updates from the official Nintendo store. It keeps me from using the map. However, I can still access the map if I go to a particular Pokemon in my party and choose for it to fly. Does anyone have any suggestions based on what they are seeing? 

Q2. Since I installed the updated version of the actual game, I have noticed that I can no longer purchase sacred ash and honey, which is really messing up my game play. 

I do think it is as simple as needing to uninstall the update, but I can't figure out how to do that for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated! IMG_1811.thumb.JPG.28cfc0c868540d649a890edc57dda78a.JPG

• 6 months later...