Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Guest neon_xeon

How would i go about legalizing Pokemons obtained in 679 build? What to edit in PKHeX?

or are they automatically legal just like in legal build?

• 4 weeks later...

First time posting. Want to say, love the increased difficulty, but more so, LOOOOOVE the blue Brendan outfit. Curious though, any way to have May's outfit remain in red? I am largely indoctrinated by the anime to think any other color as suitable for May, so is there a way to separate the blue Brendan while having the red May?

• 5 weeks later...

I took a probably-too-long break from work on Nova Sun and Umbra Moon because of five reasons:

1. Getting settled in my new apartment
  2. Social events
  3. Getting my Smash tech skill back in shape for Genesis 4
  4. Waiting on feedback from my testers
  5. The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth and Afterbirth+

I'm officially back to work on it. I'm shooting for a February launch. I promise it'll be worth the wait! My completion of various aspects of the hack are below:

• Legit/Leveled Build Wild Encounters: 77%
  • Expanded Build Wild Encounters (Will probably take like 1/3rd the time as Legit/Leveled): 0%
  • Trainers+Totems: 50%
  • Pokémarts and Item changes: 100%
  • Wild Hold Items: 100%
  • Moveset Availability changes: 100%
  • Game Text: 90%
  • Evolution changes: 100%
  • Installation batch file (much easier than doing everything manually to create CIA, 3DS, HANS, or other packs): 100%

My testers are about halfway through the game, and as I make new content I am sending it their way for feedback.

By my estimate, I'm 58% done with the hack. Since most of what remains now is Trainer edits and the Expanded Build's wild encounters, the remaining half should proceed faster than the first half.

I won't release any form of incomplete build of my hacks. It's just not the sort of person I am. I want to release the product in as polished and bug-free a state as I can. I also don't want to post a thread for this project until there's a release available. Pre-release threads, in my experience, tend to turn the first three pages into absolute unreadable schlock 90% of the time.

Please look forward to my release!

(Oh god. There's no BBcode-based post editor on Project Pokémon anymore, just this damn WYSIWYG editor. It's going to be such a pain to maintain a thread on here and GBATemp now...)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dio_Vento said:

(Oh god. There's no BBcode-based post editor on Project Pokémon anymore, just this damn WYSIWYG editor. It's going to be such a pain to maintain a thread on here and GBATemp now...)

You can copy/paste your GBAtemp post as rich text, paste it into the text editor, and formatting will be preserved.  You'll probably have to use the background-color toolbar button to set the background color to automatic, since that's copied too.

15 hours ago, evandixon said:

You can copy/paste your GBAtemp post as rich text, paste it into the text editor, and formatting will be preserved.  You'll probably have to use the background-color toolbar button to set the background color to automatic, since that's copied too.

How do I link a YouTube video without it embedding? I want an embedded video for my installation tutorial but text links to Youtube for the "Let's Play" section. Look at what's going on in my OP on this thread right now.

On 1/10/2017 at 6:22 AM, Dio_Vento said:

How do I link a YouTube video without it embedding? I want an embedded video for my installation tutorial but text links to Youtube for the "Let's Play" section. Look at what's going on in my OP on this thread right now.

Just paste the url into the editor, and it'll replace the link with a video.

Spoiler

I may have just missed something, but how do you obtain the rruby.code or ssaphire.code?
I noticed there's a rruby.code bundled in the hans folder you provide here, can you simply rename or to ssaphire.code?
Also would this rruby.code even work on my copy or do I need to obtain my own?
Sorry for my ignorance, first time doin' this!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. I'm in the home stretch when it comes to the Umbra Moon and Nova Sun project. I consider the project to be 85% complete at this point.

My progress in the different parts of the hack is as follows:

• Trainer/Totem Changes: 88% designed, 70% implemented, 60% beta tested
  • Legit / Leveled Build Wild Encounters: 100% complete
  • Expanded Build Wild Encounters: 100% designed and awaiting implementation
  • Evolution Changes: 100% complete
  • Poké Mart and Item changes: 100% complete
  • Game/Story Text Changes: 90% complete
  • Pokémon changes (adjusted move levels, wild hold items, etc.): 100% complete

I estimate I'll only need 38 more hours of work to finish the project. My target release date is February 26, 2017, exactly one year after Sun and Moon were announced.

If my estimates are correct, this project will have taken up 320 hours of work, and I am incredibly excited to finally share the fruits of my labor with you. Relative to Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire, this release will be a lot more polished. Where RR/SS took some "shortcuts" like Pokémon without defined movesets (I.E. what Game Freak does with 99% of its Trainers), Nova Sun and Umbra Moon have every single Trainer Pokémon manually tuned with a full moveset and hold item.

Please look forward to it!

On 2/4/2017 at 2:09 PM, Dio_Vento said:

Another update. I'm in the home stretch when it comes to the Umbra Moon and Nova Sun project. I consider the project to be 85% complete at this point.

My progress in the different parts of the hack is as follows:

• Trainer/Totem Changes: 88% designed, 70% implemented, 60% beta tested
  • Legit / Leveled Build Wild Encounters: 100% complete
  • Expanded Build Wild Encounters: 100% designed and awaiting implementation
  • Evolution Changes: 100% complete
  • Poké Mart and Item changes: 100% complete
  • Game/Story Text Changes: 90% complete
  • Pokémon changes (adjusted move levels, wild hold items, etc.): 100% complete

I estimate I'll only need 38 more hours of work to finish the project. My target release date is February 26, 2017, exactly one year after Sun and Moon were announced.

If my estimates are correct, this project will have taken up 320 hours of work, and I am incredibly excited to finally share the fruits of my labor with you. Relative to Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire, this release will be a lot more polished. Where RR/SS took some "shortcuts" like Pokémon without defined movesets (I.E. what Game Freak does with 99% of its Trainers), Nova Sun and Umbra Moon have every single Trainer Pokémon manually tuned with a full moveset and hold item.

Please look forward to it!

I've been going slow and steady on SuMo to not ruin the experience because Pokemon CO doesn't care about difficulty at all; so I've been really looking forward to this! Will you be having first people to send in files gets a trainer again? :) 

Hopefully this becomes my next favorite pokemon difficulty hack like Rutile did - better have a random trainer with level 1 Arons that unexpectedly almost sweeps me 

Edited by Acry

is this going to have a custom story?! i see you changed up game/story text, so i'm assuming this?! if so... this will be far better then RR/SS was by only twofold. they're still my current favorite hacks, but this will the cherry on the cake if you have a custom story! 

10 hours ago, hxcxdonneee said:

is this going to have a custom story?! i see you changed up game/story text, so i'm assuming this?! if so... this will be far better then RR/SS was by only twofold. they're still my current favorite hacks, but this will the cherry on the cake if you have a custom story! 

No. Game and Story text contain some changes like making Kukui's speech at the beginning explain the hack and changing dialogue like "My Cleffa is my best friend!" when the trainer doesn't have those pokemon anymore.

On 2/8/2017 at 1:59 AM, Acry said:

I've been going slow and steady on SuMo to not ruin the experience because Pokemon CO doesn't care about difficulty at all; so I've been really looking forward to this! Will you be having first people to send in files gets a trainer again? :) 

Hopefully this becomes my next favorite pokemon difficulty hack like Rutile did - better have a random trainer with level 1 Arons that unexpectedly almost sweeps me 

That was honestly a bad idea in RR/SS (updating the trainers into the game kinda sucked, no way to verify, etc), so no, I won't be doing that. Adding people to the game would be on a very case-by-case basis if at all, and I don't plan to add more aside from myself, my beta testers and one special case.
That said, I'm glad you enjoyed RR/SSS so much! In my opinion, the RR/SS project really helped me get a handle on rom hacking, even though RR/SS was clumsy in a lot of places (legendaries on trainer teams, some trainers without movesets, workflow for updating the game was absolutely terrible and i had to make every change to all six builds individually...) I think you're going to love NS/UM.

I'm really excited for your SM hack. I loved what you did to the trainers in Star Sapphire. I haven't come across a romhack with this much effort and thought put into trainer teams, which made battles a lot more enjoyable than before. There was a lot of variety and gimmicky teams that threw me off-guard like the Cosmic Power/Stored Power Sigilyph that easily walled my team, so battles usually felt fresh.

If there was one part which I was slightly disappointed with, it was the Elite Four, as by that point, single battles became too easy to cheese with the available options in terms of moveset and Pokemon. The AI almost never switches, making it easy to set up in its face with Swords Dance/Dragon Dance etc and sweep. I found much success in Pokemon that could tank and setup such as Gliscor and Aegislash, although they weren't all-powerful due to Ice Beam and Earthquake being very commonly used coverage moves.

I compared this to my experience with Eternal XY, which had Doubles, Triples and Rotations in the E4, which prevented single battle AI cheese and made them much more challenging in terms of teambuilding and actual battling. A team which is geared towards singles is often extremely susceptible to being overpowered by Doubles and Triples strategies such as weather, Perish Trapping, Trick Room, Tailwind and weird gimmicks like Justified/Beatup combo.

Hoping to see NS/UM build upon the good stuff in RR/SS and iterate upon the weaknesses.

3 minutes ago, Jayc said:

I'm really excited for your SM hack. I loved what you did to the trainers in Star Sapphire. I haven't come across a romhack with this much effort and thought put into trainer teams, which made battles a lot more enjoyable than before. There was a lot of variety and gimmicky teams that threw me off-guard like the Cosmic Power/Stored Power Sigilyph that easily walled my team, so battles usually felt fresh.

If there was one part which I was slightly disappointed with, it was the Elite Four, as by that point, single battles became too easy to cheese with the available options in terms of moveset and Pokemon. The AI almost never switches, making it easy to set up in its face with Swords Dance/Dragon Dance etc and sweep. I found much success in Pokemon that could tank and setup such as Gliscor and Aegislash, although they weren't all-powerful due to Ice Beam and Earthquake being very commonly used coverage moves.

I compared this to my experience with Eternal XY, which had Doubles, Triples and Rotations in the E4, which prevented single battle AI cheese and made them much more challenging in terms of teambuilding and actual battling. A team which is geared towards singles is often extremely susceptible to being overpowered by Doubles and Triples strategies such as weather, Perish Trapping, Trick Room, Tailwind and weird gimmicks like Justified/Beatup combo.

Hoping to see NS/UM build upon the good stuff in RR/SS and iterate upon the weaknesses.

As bad as the AI is, the main reason the Elite Four was weak in RRSS was because the player had Level 100 Pokémon that had gained natural EVs, but the AI only had Lv100 no-EV Pokémon. Thanks to Sun and Moon allowing NPC trainers to have EVs and Natures, Single Battles should be a lot less broken in the endgame in NS/UM. Which is nice, since in NS/UM I am incapable of converting NPC trainers to alternate battle types. Every Double battle in Sun and Moon is the result of two Singles trainers "teaming up" on you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Boured said:

@Dio_Vento

I just wanted to inform you that both MEGA links appear to be dead for Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire. They load the link but when it finishes it goes to the homepage. If this is intentional please let me know.

Neither link is taken down, so it's probably an issue with your browser or computer.

5 hours ago, Dio_Vento said:

Neither link is taken down, so it's probably an issue with your browser or computer.

That is a possibility although it happened on my laptop where I use Chrome, as well as my desktop which uses Firefox. Finally I used my phone which is on an entirely different connection at the moment and it still gives the same issue.