Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Does your patcher include code.bin? If it is incapable of including those, please don't distribute Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire. Many important changes are in the code.bin.

Out of curiosity, what method did you use to generate the code.bin? I've been trying to do it for myself, and I seem to be doing something wrong (freezes halfway through the loading command-line stuff)

Does your patcher include code.bin? If it is incapable of including those, please don't distribute Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire. Many important changes are in the code.bin.

My patchers currently include your modified code.bin, icon.bin, and banner.bin, (and the edited romfs files) in the form of xdelta patches. With a little more work, it could even patch the manual and download play partition, if A. it's included in the ROM being patched, B. there's any changes, and C. I knew how to repack different NCCH partitions into a 3DS or CIA file.

The only thing in question is whether or not my patcher is fully stable, so what better way to test it than having it distribute the only ROM hack that I think is worth playing. Keep up the good work!

Out of curiosity, what method did you use to generate the code.bin? I've been trying to do it for myself, and I seem to be doing something wrong (freezes halfway through the loading command-line stuff)

Either version of Braindump should dump the exefs (although with the newer one you'll have to extract it from the cxi). You'll want to run ctrtool.exe in the command prompt like this (in Windows Explorer, in the same directory as ctrtool, hold shift and right-click, and choose Open Command Window Here):

ctrtool.exe -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs "{path to exefs}" --decompresscode

Is there a lucky egg in the game?

Also, that chick in the print of slateport market in the main topic doesnt sell those items. She sells incense items...

Again, great hack. Better than the original by far

Edit: how about sacred ash? Can we buy it somewhere?

I think you need to uninstall your OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire update to have those items sold.

Either version of Braindump should dump the exefs (although with the newer one you'll have to extract it from the cxi). You'll want to run ctrtool.exe in the command prompt like this (in Windows Explorer, in the same directory as ctrtool, hold shift and right-click, and choose Open Command Window Here):

ctrtool.exe -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs "{path to exefs}" --decompresscode

I'm pretty sure I'm doing that right (I can see your edits to it in Pok3ds), but the reverse process to make the .code, I must be doing something wrong - I tried renaming .code.bin to <name>.code, but that results in my abovementioned crash....

Is there a lucky egg in the game?

Also, that chick in the print of slateport market in the main topic doesnt sell those items. She sells incense items...

Again, great hack. Better than the original by far

Edit: how about sacred ash? Can we buy it somewhere?

You installed the rom wrong. You either

A: Are running the game with HANS and didn't follow the instructions (redownload the distribution pack and copy the /hanspack/hans/rruby.code or /hanspack/hans/ssapphire.code file to the SD:/hans folder)

B: Are running the game as a CIA or .3ds rom and have the game updates installed (uninstall the game updates)

C: Are running the game as a CIA or .3ds rom and compiled it wrong, didn't include the code.bin (recompile your .3ds or .cia)

I'm pretty sure I'm doing that right (I can see your edits to it in Pok3ds), but the reverse process to make the .code, I must be doing something wrong - I tried renaming .code.bin to <name>.code, but that results in my abovementioned crash....

Please keep this discussion to another thread as it is completely unrelated to Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire.

My patchers currently include your modified code.bin, icon.bin, and banner.bin, (and the edited romfs files) in the form of xdelta patches. With a little more work, it could even patch the manual and download play partition, if A. it's included in the ROM being patched, B. there's any changes, and C. I knew how to repack different NCCH partitions into a 3DS or CIA file.

The only thing in question is whether or not my patcher is fully stable, so what better way to test it than having it distribute the only ROM hack that I think is worth playing. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for the compliment. I'll look into your patchers and if they work simply I'll add them to the OP as the way to create .3ds or .cia installs of the game. I sent you a PM about banner editing, if I officially support .cia creation again I'd love to have an updated banner.

I just defeated the E4 round 1 on version 1.4 (e: 1.3? whichever one was before 2.0).

My team was:

Ferrothorn@Leftovers/Iron Barbs

Leech Seed

Stealth Rock

Power Whip

Iron Head

Rotom-W@Leftovers/Levitate

Hydro Pump

Volt Switch

Shadow Ball

Will-o'-Wisp

Blaziken@Blazikenite/Blaze

Bulk Up

Stone Edge

Flare Blitz

Hi Jump Kick

Latios@Soul Dew/Levitate

Calm Mind

Draco Meteor

Psychic

Ice Beam

Garchomp@Assault Vest/Rough Skin

Crunch

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Stone Edge

Crobat@Nothing!/Inner Focus

Acrobatics

Thief

Cross Poison

Toxic

I'll be attempting Round 2 after the Delta Episode (and probably updating to the 679 or Leveled version, as leveling new team members takes an absolute age of running around rematching trainers). I wonder how different the E4 is from Round 1.

Since I've nominally completed the game, here's my review: It's excellent! Any and all problems I had with it were related to things that are completely fixed by the 679 build. I did end up spending the majority of my money on healing items, largely Max Potions, and holding a few Full Restores and Revives in reserve. I didn't end up using any Revives on the E4/Champion but they were very useful for earlier gym leaders or Ace Trainers when species availability was limited. Basically, the increase in cost on Revives and Full Restores completely succeeded in its goal, along with the easy availability of Sacred Ash reducing frustration and tedious running back to Pokemon Centers.

EV training, hunting for high IV wild Pokemon, and looking for the correct Nature didn't seem to matter much; two team members were fully EV trained and the others just naturally gained EVs throughout the game, and I couldn't really tell you that there was a dramatic difference in performance (since it seems that opponents mostly have perfect IVs and will outdo you anyway).

Great romhack all around! According to my Trainer Card I have 120 hours played at the start of the Delta Episode; I would estimate I played probably 90-100 hours of that time and left the 3DS open while doing something else for the rest of it. It also took just about a month of occasional play to enter the Hall of Fame for the first time (from March 15th to April 11th).

Question: I remember something about the first three players with to beat the E4 round two (with proof) replacing an NPC or something like that. Is that still on, and if so, does the battle style have to be set to Set or can it be left on Shift?

Edited by daemonicBookkeeper

Are you using this cia converter?

If so, then I'd like you to try something.

I've been working on a new way of distributing ROM hacks such as this one.

Instructions:

-Download this zip file. Don't forget to unblock it (Right-click > Properties > General > Security > Unblock.

-Extract the zip using your favorite archive tool.

-Run DSPatcher.exe

-Choose a ROM. 3DS, CXI, and romfs.bin are supported. If you choose romfs.bin, an exefs.bin file will be used if it is in the same directory as romfs.bin.

-Press patch.

-Wait. Sorry about the UI hanging, I'll fix this sometime before an official, non-alpha/beta release.

-If you're using a .3DS file, you'll be given the option to output to Hans or .3DS. Braindump users will only be able to output to Hans. If you're using a .CXI file made using Braindump, select Hans, because if you choose .3DS, it will not run. If you want to convert to CIA, choose .3DS.

-Choose an output path. Either a .3DS file (for gateway), or the root of your SD card (for Hans)

-Wait until the progress bar says "Ready".

-If you want, use 3DS Simple CIA Converter to convert the newly created .3DS file to a CIA.

-Try the game out, see if it works. If it does, great! If not, we should move discussion about this either to this thread or to PM.

is there any way to make this tool for ruby x and y. so far its the only thing that orked for me

Hi, I am very interested in playing this but I do not know where to begin. All I want is a drag and drop .3ds to play using emunand. I don't want to install homebrew and I have no interest in playing online or having "legitimate" pokemon. How can I just create a simple .3ds to play this game without all the headache.

Thank you for any help

Hi, I am very interested in playing this but I do not know where to begin. All I want is a drag and drop .3ds to play using emunand. I don't want to install homebrew and I have no interest in playing online or having "legitimate" pokemon. How can I just create a simple .3ds to play this game without all the headache.

Thank you for any help

Try this:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46315-Pok%E9mon-Rutile-Ruby-and-Star-Sapphire-v2-0-Updated-with-new-Wild-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!&p=213813&viewfull=1#post213813

Instructions:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46315-Pok%E9mon-Rutile-Ruby-and-Star-Sapphire-v2-0-Updated-with-new-Wild-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!&p=213747&viewfull=1#post213747

Thank you for any help

Do you have a cia installer on emunand? If you do just download the homebrew launcher cia and use homebrew that way. It's not hard.

Do you have a cia installer on emunand? If you do just download the homebrew launcher cia and use homebrew that way. It's not hard.

I said I'm not interested in Homebrew. I would like to inject this into the .3ds file of alpha sapphire I already have on my PC. I do not wish to install Homebrew to install a cia version of Alpha sapphire/omega ruby to use brain dump on just so I can inject the files and then transfer and install as a cia.

Back to a (presumably) easy question, how do I turn this into a .3ds compatible with gateway menu?

Hi, is it possible to get an Alpha Sapphire rom and patch it to make it Star Sapphire and convert it into a .cia file?

EDIT: I read into a couple pages before this and saw that the OP had posted a tutorial to get Star Sapphire as a .cia file, but when i try to do it, and open the DSPatcher and select my ROM, I get an error that says "Could not find file DecryptedExHeader.bin". I've been trying different things for hours, but nothing is helping. Please help me!

Edited by faisalkhan10010

Are you using this cia converter?

If so, then I'd like you to try something.

I've been working on a new way of distributing ROM hacks such as this one.

Instructions:

-Download this zip file. Don't forget to unblock it (Right-click > Properties > General > Security > Unblock.

-Extract the zip using your favorite archive tool.

-Run DSPatcher.exe

-Choose a ROM. 3DS, CXI, and romfs.bin are supported. If you choose romfs.bin, an exefs.bin file will be used if it is in the same directory as romfs.bin.

-Press patch.

-Wait. Sorry about the UI hanging, I'll fix this sometime before an official, non-alpha/beta release.

-If you're using a .3DS file, you'll be given the option to output to Hans or .3DS. Braindump users will only be able to output to Hans. If you're using a .CXI file made using Braindump, select Hans, because if you choose .3DS, it will not run. If you want to convert to CIA, choose .3DS.

-Choose an output path. Either a .3DS file (for gateway), or the root of your SD card (for Hans)

-Wait until the progress bar says "Ready".

-If you want, use 3DS Simple CIA Converter to convert the newly created .3DS file to a CIA.

-Try the game out, see if it works. If it does, great! If not, we should move discussion about this either to this thread or to PM.

Hey, so I tried your method and it was all good until I got to the part saving as a .3ds. As soon as I click no it says "Unhandled exception occurred, could not find C\...PatchedROM.3ds"

Thank you for this, I really hope I can get it to work. I will definitely use this program in the future if it does.

I have a friend named Ricky who has been playing this hack for about 3 months straight now. He beat the Elite 4 for the second time just now. I am posting on his behalf because he doesn't have an account for this site, and he was wondering if he will be able to be put into the game, or if he isn't one of the three. I know one place has already been claimed, but what about the other two? Are they still open? Thanks!

I said I'm not interested in Homebrew. I would like to inject this into the .3ds file of alpha sapphire I already have on my PC. I do not wish to install Homebrew to install a cia version of Alpha sapphire/omega ruby to use brain dump on just so I can inject the files and then transfer and install as a cia.

Back to a (presumably) easy question, how do I turn this into a .3ds compatible with gateway menu?

Decrypt and extract your ROM (whether it's a .cia or .3ds), copy the contents of the exe folder in the distribution pack over the contents of the exe folder you extracted, do the same for the contents of romfs and the extracted romfs folder. Rebuild and run. Google is your friend for rebuilding 3DS or CIA files.

Uninstall any OR/AS updates on your system before playing.

Shadow Pokémon are from Colosseum/XD, and are presumably impossible to code into Gen 6 hacks. The bigger question here is why anyone would think to ask whether a Gen 6 hack included them.

There's Youtube videos of people who hacked altered models into their games that look like Shadow Lugia etc. They're just skins, but some people actually think they're a new mechanic... :bidoof:

There's Youtube videos of people who hacked altered models into their games that look like Shadow Lugia etc. They're just skins, but some people actually think they're a new mechanic... :bidoof:

Wouldn't be aware of that side of the fandom. I'm here for the hacks that actually affect gameplay, not the graphics hacks.