Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Thanks Dio_Viento! Now that I actually have SS up and running, I've been telling tons of people about it.

I just beat Wattson last night.

I have near-about finished Y, do you have any plans of doing an updated version of XY? Not to take away from Flintiex's NeoX / NeoY; I'd just rather my 'Mons be legit and tradable to other games.

With Sun and Moon coming (And your announcement of Nova Sun and Umbra Moon), I wouldn't be surprised if you said no. I'm just curious. Y has been way too easy, and I've appreciated the challenge that SS has given me.

Thanks Dio_Viento! Now that I actually have SS up and running, I've been telling tons of people about it.

I have near-about finished Y, do you have any plans of doing an updated version of XY? Not to take away from Flintiex's NeoX / NeoY; I'd just rather my 'Mons be legit and tradable to other games.

With Sun and Moon coming (And your announcement of Nova Sun and Umbra Moon), I wouldn't be surprised if you said no. I'm just curious. Y has been way too easy, and I've appreciated the challenge that SS has given me.

for Neo X/Y you could apply the patch, except for pokemon location & pokemon level-up moves files (you can look up which files are which)...

I had been working on ApeX and AbYss versions, but burned out on the project because I just don't like Kalos. I might pick it up in my spare time, I am approximately 16% complete on editing trainers. Don't expect anything soon.

I had been working on ApeX and AbYss versions, but burned out on the project because I just don't like Kalos. I might pick it up in my spare time, I am approximately 16% complete on editing trainers. Don't expect anything soon.

Hahahaha! Understandable. I wouldn't want to work on a project if I didn't like the source material.

If it comes to fruition, absolutely wonderful. But if not, I don't blame you for not working on it.

I don't particularly enjoy math, so I don't like working on math. It's the same principle for you and Kalos, in my opinion.

for Neo X/Y you could apply the patch, except for pokemon location & pokemon level-up moves files (you can look up which files are which)...

Hmmm... Interesting! I'll look into this. I probably won't look into too deeply until I've finished Y and SS, but it's good to know the option is there.

Is there a way to get money pre-5th GL? In the base games you can buy Luck Incense to get double money from trainers, but since you replaced those items, am I stuck for money until I beat Norman?

BTW, can you scale down the E4 so they have all level 80-somethings? I don't find it that fun having to battle E4 members with all level 100s with 31 IVs, as it feels cheap.

I already said before, the Luck Incense was replaced by something else in Slateport mart!

I don't understand the problem - the very first item on her list is the amulet coin - it has the very same money-doubling effect.

I am having a problem when booting the game with my Gateway - when I try to do so, it gives me an "The game card was removed" error and the 3ds shuts down. I dumped an Alpha Sapphire rom with the newest braindump, decrypted and unpacked it, replaced the files necessary and rebuilt the .3ds rom - and the newest emunand GW 2.7 can't run it for me.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've never ran the normal AS rom before, as I decided to play the normal game on OR and the hack on AS. I also didn't uninstall the OR update, thinking it doesn't affect AS.

I am having a problem when booting the game with my Gateway - when I try to do so, it gives me an "The game card was removed" error and the 3ds shuts down. I dumped an Alpha Sapphire rom with the newest braindump, decrypted and unpacked it, replaced the files necessary and rebuilt the .3ds rom - and the newest emunand GW 2.7 can't run it for me.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've never ran the normal AS rom before, as I decided to play the normal game on OR and the hack on AS. I also didn't uninstall the OR update, thinking it doesn't affect AS.

Braindump doesn't dump everything, only what you need to create a HANS patch. Try dumping your game with the Gateway menu (hold L when booting Gateway, or just don't have the red card inserted). When that's complete, extract the exheader, and use that in addition to your existing romfs and exefs to build a .3ds rom.

Braindump doesn't dump everything, only what you need to create a HANS patch. Try dumping your game with the Gateway menu (hold L when booting Gateway, or just don't have the red card inserted). When that's complete, extract the exheader, and use that in addition to your existing romfs and exefs to build a .3ds rom.

Oh, I had no idea. Thank you for the answer, but my problem is still not solved as I don't own a legit copy of AS, and GW seems to be unable to dump its own roms. Also, why should I make a ROM with Gateway when I already have one on my PC, downloaded from some rom site and dumped to .cxi with Braindump? The Decrypt9WIP homebrew didn't work for me for some reason. Is it because I have emunand newer than 9.2? How do I properly decrypt a game then?

Oh, I had no idea. Thank you for the answer, but my problem is still not solved as I don't own a legit copy of AS, and GW seems to be unable to dump its own roms. Also, why should I make a ROM with Gateway when I already have one on my PC, downloaded from some rom site and dumped to .cxi with Braindump? The Decrypt9WIP homebrew didn't work for me for some reason. Is it because I have emunand newer than 9.2? How do I properly decrypt a game then?

If you already have a ROM, then you don't need to dump the .cxi. What you will probably need to do is decrypt it with Decrypt9 (or the rxTools menu, whichever you prefer).

If you already have a ROM, then you don't need to dump the .cxi. What you will probably need to do is decrypt it with Decrypt9 (or the rxTools menu, whichever you prefer).

How do I run Decrypt9 with a 10.7 emunand and 4.5 sysnand?

AFAIK it can't run on emunand, and I can't get homebrew to work on my very old sysnand.

You can temporarily replace Gateway's launcher.dat with Decrypt9's.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-open-source-decryption-tools-wip.388831/

Holy shit, I got it to work with HANS and Gateway. Thanks for your help, else I would be still wondering why doesn't my dump work, lol. The main post is a bit misleading though because a retail copy is not required at all.

So I have been catching Roselias for hours now in an attempt to get a Shiny Stone to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss. About how small of a chance are we talking about to find a Roselia holding a Shiny Stone?

A hold item evolution means stuff like Onixes evolving while holding a Metal Coat—not Evolution Stones that are used from the Bag to evolve. Off the top of my head there's a Shiny Stone near Mt. Pyre, but that's the only one I've found.

As a side note, two things:

a) Does this hack make all Pokemon available for capture? I'd like a Ferrothorn to serve as a physical wall, but I don't have any idea where to get one in-game;

b) It is very difficult to replace team members; I have four Pokemon in various stages of underleveled uselessness because they're upgrades on existing teammates (Espeon -> Latios e.g.) or are in the process of being replaced, and Wild Pokemon are all worthless for training purposes this late in the game.

A hold item evolution means stuff like Onixes evolving while holding a Metal Coat—not Evolution Stones that are used from the Bag to evolve. Off the top of my head there's a Shiny Stone near Mt. Pyre, but that's the only one I've found.

Damnit... I already used that one to get a Roserade... Guess I'll be trading with my copy of Y (I'd been trying to avoid doing that to make the game feel like as legitimate of a playthrough as possible, but I need me dat Togekiss).

um, I've been making a patch for myself on this, just tweaking a bunch of some pokemon, mainly following Smogon theorymon stuff - I'm only modifying some basestats & a handful typings & abilities, without touching movesets (so you can load w/o hans, and at worst use ability capsules to flip to legal abilities, and then transfer out your completely legal pokemon). I therefore am not touching Hidden abilities (as those would not be changeable to normal using Ability capsules) - once I'm done with it for me, would anyone else be interested in it? I'd make a generic thread for it, I guess.