Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

I have the same problem, the game is not showing up in the homebrewchannel screen,i have to go to hans and select the rom but inthe hans screen it says 'invalid' before the rom,and if i want to play i got stuck on a black screen.

problem fixed! forgot to rename the romfs !

Little question, since its ok to randomize, i assume it is also alright to manually modify the typing and such, which leads me to wondering, since idk where to ask this cuz I'm a nub, is there a faster way of modifying the pokemon types and learned moves? because i kinda wanted to add in the neo x/y style changes o 3o

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting an "invalid path" for the romfs when i use the 'rruby.romfs' name. when i use the gamecode version, hans doesnt give any errors, but I still get stuck on the black screen with the confetti on the side... - I've run through the entire procedure thrice, and tried the above suggestions...

Is there anything I might still be missing??

I'm getting an "invalid path" for the romfs when i use the 'rruby.romfs' name. when i use the gamecode version, hans doesnt give any errors, but I still get stuck on the black screen with the confetti on the side... - I've run through the entire procedure thrice, and tried the above suggestions...

Is there anything I might still be missing??

Did you trim the first 0xFF0 bytes from the romfs? If so, don't. The latest version of hans doesn't require this, and doing so might break things.

Did you trim the first 0xFF0 bytes from the romfs? If so, don't. The latest version of hans doesn't require this, and doing so might break things.

I tried both ways, without trimming most recently

When I set "Romfs -> SAD" to YES, i get this line on the bottom:

Romfs path (INVALID) : sd:/hans/00021100.romfs

no matter I name the .code and .romfs files (I have tried both "rruby" & "0011C400")

if I name them to "00021100", I get:

Romfs path : sd:/hans/00021100.romfs

& when I try to load the game, I get a blank screen, without that colored snow on the side, though (waited several minutes, nothing happened).

I still can't even get my 3DS to enter Gateway mode so that I can get my Gateway all set up :/

It sucks because I bought a second 3DSXL (This one has firmware 9.2) and a Gateway just to play this.

the internet is full of people who had this problem, then say "ah - fixed it" without ever stating the (probably obvious) thing that they fixed...

as always, there exists a relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/979/

the internet is full of people who had this problem, then say "ah - fixed it" without ever stating the (probably obvious) thing that they fixed...

as always, there exists a relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/979/

Ha... That is rather appropriate... I've been fishing for help for a few weeks now and haven't found a solid answer.

I'm bout ready to contact Gateway and be like, "Can I ship my DS and my Gateway to ya'll and ya'll set it up?" Hahahaha

hmmm - so when I launch through the included Rutile Ruby icon by various hans settings:

• Code on/romfs both on : freeze with colored snow on left of screen
  • code off/romfs on: freeze with colored snow on left of screen
  • code on/romfs off: Loads, but without patch applied.

Also - is there anything I should have installed that I would not have from smealum's homebrew starter zip?

Am I supposed to have done something with the 'exe' folder in the download?

Edited by ABZB

Running through all the steps from the top - noticed that when I use "ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin 000400000011c400.cxi" via command line to get fsrom.bin, the last lines it returns in that window are:

Saving ExeFS...

Saving RomFS...

Error, exheader hash mismatch. Wrong key?

could that be causing any issue down the line? I looked around using pk3ds, and all the stuff seems to be there, (including the patched stuff, after I paste it in)...

hi guys, i've some question..

could someone explain me how the "old save" of the original rom can be repristinated, if it can be repristinated?

the qr trick(getting pokem via qr code) is still possible with this hack??

and one other (even off topic): if i want to do an online battle (im talking about the original oras) i've to update the software?

thx to you all

Still haven't found a solution...

is the Rutile Ruby - Distribution/exe file supposed to be used for any [optional] purpose? is there some other way to run the patch that I could try?

I MIGHT HAVE FOUND IT:

After applying the Rutile Ruby patch, I snooped around it using pk3ds - the title screen it applied is for Star Sapphire!!

Could you check that the latest RRuby patch uploaded is the correct one (not the SSapphire one)? I will dump my sapphire and see if it works with its 1.3 patch, and report back (in about 2 hours, based on how long all that will take..)

EDIT:

Eureka! Halleluyah!

Following the exact same steps, Star Sapphire works, while Rutile Ruby does not. Whatever the problem is, it seems to lie with the 1.3 Rutile Ruby Patch, as noted above in this post.

Edited by ABZB

New problem! Braindump gives you a .cxi file now. So the HANS method doesn't work anymore, to my acknowledgement.

So I'm back to attempting to put it on my Gateway. I have no effing clue what I'm doing as far as unpacking, rebuilding, and repacking a ROM goes. I'm following the directions, but oh Arceus is it over my head stuff.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! I will begin work on Umbra Moon and Nova Sun (Names subject to change) immediately after beating Sun/Moon this holiday season. The hacks will feature difficulty adjustments and reworked battles similar to Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, with a focus again being on keeping everything legal for online use while providing easier access to competitive items, EV training, Egg hatching, and a challenging single-player campaign.

oIwho6n.pngX00OYSy.png

Edited by Dio_Vento

Hey ! I searched deep (google and more..) and can't found any .3ds or .cia file of the game (Rutile ruby). I'm using a sky3ds and have no way to use homebrew or gateway. Can someone tell me how to convert the files into a .3ds file or where can I download a premade .3ds file ?

Hey ! I searched deep (google and more..) and can't found any .3ds or .cia file of the game (Rutile ruby). I'm using a sky3ds and have no way to use homebrew or gateway. Can someone tell me how to convert the files into a .3ds file or where can I download a premade .3ds file ?

If you can't use homebrew, Gateway, or CFW, a Sky 3DS won't help you. Getting access to homebrew (and by extension, Hans) shouldn't be too difficult. Look here for the possible ways of getting homebrew: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/