Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

VERSION 1.3 RELEASED

Features some bug fixes and the addition of the first of three trainers to the Hall of Fame.

in pokemon star sapphire we can not get the Eon ticket?

You can get the Eon Ticket through Streetpass.

The Horde Battle in the mossdeep space center in the delta episode is a freaking joke.

:^)

Sorry if its answered already, how do i get the twisted spoon to evolve my kadabra? Thank you.

Wild Abra and Kadabra have a high chance of holding it. Try using a Compound Eyes Thief Pokémon. The best way to farm items from wild Pokémon is to have a fainted Compound Eyes Pokémon in Slot 1 of your party, and a Frisk Pokémon with Thief in slot 2, allowing you to get the increased item hold rate from Compound Eyes but still Frisk and steal the item on the first turn.

"IF USING HANS AND *HAX 2.5 (HOMEBREW) ON A <10.2 CONSOLE (NO GATEWAY)"

Does this method also work with a .cia files of (U) OR/AS? or only with the retail cartridge/e-Shop Thing?

Thanks

It should work with the CIA, but I haven't tested it. If you can install CIAs though, you could just patch the CIA as Star Sapphire/Rutile Ruby before installing it.

when I use braindump it extracts as a cxi file, when I use an extraction tool to get the romfs file, and run it through RomFS Extractor.exe, when I click go it immediately crashes, tried running as administrator, same thing, how can I fix this?

Specs:

3dsxl

firmware:10.1.0-27U

game I am using it for:Alpha Sapphire

I can not play online in star sapphire?

Nope, because it's not running the 1.4 patch. You can still trade and battle locally and if you're using the HANS method you can just boot the game normally (as Alpha Sapphire) to trade or battle online. This will also load version 1.4 of Alpha Sapphire if you have it installed.

when it will be able to be run on 1.4 ?

I have no plans to release a version with the 1.4 patch installed, since those methods don't work over HANS anyway. If you're building a CIA or .3DS file, there might be a way to do it yourself but I don't plan to release anything like that. HANS skips loading of downloaded patches, so you don't have to uninstall the patch if you're using that method. Only Gateway/CFW (.3DS/.CIA) installations need the patch manually uninstalled.

when I use braindump it extracts as a cxi file, when I use an extraction tool to get the romfs file, and run it through RomFS Extractor.exe, when I click go it immediately crashes, tried running as administrator, same thing, how can I fix this?

Specs:

3dsxl

firmware:10.1.0-27U

game I am using it for:Alpha Sapphire

Try redownloading the ROM extraction pack (and don't run it from the zipped folder if you're doing so)

Try redownloading the ROM extraction pack (and don't run it from the zipped folder if you're doing so)

Nope, doesn't work, even when I updated to the 4.7 version it continued to crash after many attempts, plz help, I just wanna get this over and done with... I have been at this since last Wednesday and want to get a randomized rom hack for my little bro...

Nope, doesn't work, even when I updated to the 4.7 version it continued to crash after many attempts, plz help, I just wanna get this over and done with... I have been at this since last Wednesday and want to get a randomized rom hack for my little bro...

Try using an older version of Braindump. You're supposed to get a folder containing a *.romfs file, not a CXI.

Only prob is the device I was using, the firmware updated and the homebrew doesn't even work, and the old 3ds I had I traded in a got a new 3dsxl, I saw on a couple of places your able to downgrade firmware, is it possible without homebrew?

Look here for a list of all the homebrew entrypoints:

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Hopefully you'll be able to get one of them working. Downgrading is not required to play Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire, and could brick the console if you don't do it exactly right.

• 2 weeks later...

Dio_Vento, just wanted to say great work! This looks amazing. I was really disappointed with how easy Alpha Sapphire was to me. I think I beat it in about seven hours.

I purchased a second 3DS XL (This one will have 9.2 firmware) and a Gateway, just so I can play Star Sapphire. That being said, I do have a couple of questions.

1) Is the Gateway version compatible with the Bank? Never mind, I realized after typing other questions that my Bank account is on my first 3DS, so I'll be trading everything over to Star Sapphire and vice versa.

2) I watched a couple episodes of RasouliPlays's Star Sapphire playthrough. I watched the first few and the very last episode, just to kind of get a feel for the difficulty of the game. That being said, he ends his videos immediately after beating Steven. Does RRSS have the Delta Episode? I'd love to go up against a beefed up Zinnia. And can you go up against the Elite Four again?

If you can go up against them again, have their 'Mons changed or are they the same?

3) I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I feel I should ask this rather than right out assuming it. Is RRSS compatible for trade locally with XY (And the eventual Z)? I know it's compatible locally with ORAS.

Two more questions:

4) Can you find shinys in-game? I'm assuming the answer is yes and that it is the same likelihood as it is in XY / ORAS.

5) I understand that 'Mons you'd typically only be able to find after facing the Elite Four can be found at any point in the game. Do the ones that require using the DexNav (Such as Scraggy on Route 113) still require the DexNav? Or are they just as likely to appear without it?

I updated .cia game through e-Shop to be able to use online features and apparently i didn't lose any changes made by hack. Trainers still have their boosted teams, items in shop have their old prices, main character has changed textures etc.

Ok, I think I'm finally giving up.

I've been trying to play this game but I think it's just impossible for me. Every time I try to play it the game freeze in a black screen before it starts.

I'm preeeetty sure I did everything right. My 3ds is a Ver. 10.5.0 and I tried everything, I belive everything is updated (Homebrew, 3ds, hans), and I already deleted the Alpha Sapphire update. I tried to run it manually through Hans and nothing changed. I am sure everything is in the right folder. And I did the whole tutorial step by step several times. My last guess is that it could be a problem with my Alpha Sapphire original save, but I don't know if that would make the game freeze before starting, and I don't want to lose everything for nothing.

Can anyone help me before I give up for good? Do I have to delete my AS save before trying to run Star Sapphire througth Hans? I really want to play this game and I don't know what else I can do to make it work.

I've been trying to play this game but I think it's just impossible for me. Every time I try to play it the game freeze in a black screen before it starts.

I'm preeeetty sure I did everything right. My 3ds is a Ver. 10.5.0 and I tried everything, I belive everything is updated (Homebrew, 3ds, hans), and I already deleted the Alpha Sapphire update. I tried to run it manually through Hans and nothing changed. I am sure everything is in the right folder. And I did the whole tutorial step by step several times. My last guess is that it could be a problem with my Alpha Sapphire original save, but I don't know if that would make the game freeze before starting, and I don't want to lose everything for nothing.

Can anyone help me before I give up for good? Do I have to delete my AS save before trying to run Star Sapphire througth Hans? I really want to play this game and I don't know what else I can do to make it work.

I'm having the same problem, but my 3ds is running 10.3, I hope someone has an answer for this.

I'm having the same problem, but my 3ds is running 10.3, I hope someone has an answer for this.

Are you deleting the first 0xFF0 bytes from the romfs? If so, make sure you have the latest version of hans (available in the homebrew starter kit on Smealum's site), and don't delete anything in the romfs. The latest version of hans doesn't require that, and I don't know if doing so will make it not work.

Are you deleting the first 0xFF0 bytes from the romfs? If so, make sure you have the latest version of hans (available in the homebrew starter kit on Smealum's site), and don't delete anything in the romfs. The latest version of hans doesn't require that, and I don't know if doing so will make it not work.

Well I'm doing everything just like the tutorial tells me. I deleted 0xFF0 with HxD and hans is updated, I downloaded it in that site. And I didn't deleted anything else.

I think I'm going to download everything one more time and try again, are you sure there is nothing else that can make the game not work? I really don't see what I could be doing wrong.

Well I'm doing everything just like the tutorial tells me. I deleted 0xFF0 with HxD and hans is updated, I downloaded it in that site. And I didn't deleted anything else.

I think I'm going to download everything one more time and try again, are you sure there is nothing else that can make the game not work? I really don't see what I could be doing wrong.

I have the same problem, the game is not showing up in the homebrewchannel screen,i have to go to hans and select the rom but inthe hans screen it says 'invalid' before the rom,and if i want to play i got stuck on a black screen.