Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Yes also

Are you using a modified homebrew launcher like the "tiled icons" one? Those can't read SMDH shortcuts yet. If you're using one of those, go into SD:/hans and rename the romfs and code files

rruby.code > 0011C400.code

rruby.romfs > 0011C400.romfs

ssapphire.code > 0011C500.code

ssapphire.romfs > 0011C500.romfs

Then boot up Hans, point it at your pokemon game, and put code > sd and romfs > sd both on

If Hans isn't there then the reason you're not seeing anything is because you're using the old homebrew launcher, get the starter.zip from Smealum's website and copy that to your SD letting it overwrite stuff

Are you using a modified homebrew launcher like the "tiled icons" one? Those can't read SMDH shortcuts yet. If you're using one of those, go into SD:/hans and rename the romfs and code files

rruby.code > 0011C400.code

rruby.romfs > 0011C400.romfs

ssapphire.code > 0011C500.code

ssapphire.romfs > 0011C500.romfs

Then boot up Hans, point it at your pokemon game, and put code > sd and romfs > sd both on

If Hans isn't there then the reason you're not seeing anything is because you're using the old homebrew launcher, get the starter.zip from Smealum's website and copy that to your SD letting it overwrite stuff

I'm not using the tiled icons one (didn't know you could do that) and I am definetely using the newest launcher, however what you said to do did work.

It doesn't! I didn't realise until you mentioned it!

That's very strange, then. I have no idea what's causing your Homebrew Launcher to not display SMDH shortcuts. Maybe ask Smealum about it on Twitter.

Also, now that the rom hack is working, is there a way to get it to be added to the hb launcher? It launches if I go through HANS but in the video it can be run from the hb launcher, how do I that?

... That's the SMDH launcher for the game. For some reason it's not showing up for you, which is why we renamed your files for regular Hans launch in the first place. If you figure out how to fix the icon not showing up, you will have to rename your .code and .romfs files back to rruby or ssapphire to be able to launch from the icon.

What, you mean Smea isn't obligated by international law to help everyone troubleshoot their homebrew setups? What a fraud. Kappa.

Too right. Once developers release a build of their software they should be literally chained to their desks for the next week to be responsible for all the trouble they cause. :creep:

Too right. Once developers release a build of their software they should be literally chained to their desks for the next week to be responsible for all the trouble they cause. :creep:

If that was the case, developers would be too scared to release anything. I know I would be!

Anyway, it's best to give people on the internet a few days to respond, because real life happens. After about a week, go ahead. Panic.

If that was the case, developers would be too scared to release anything. I know I would be!

Anyway, it's best to give people on the internet a few days to respond, because real life happens. After about a week, go ahead. Panic.

I hope people know that I was joking. >.>

Trainers have Max AI?

The AI hasn't changed and it is unlikely that it ever will be possible as that would mean going down to the level of the actual coding (which would be C++)

What HAS changed on the trainers is all listed in the OP - but in short that is:

- higher lvls

- max IVs

- no EVs or Natures (impossible)

- Mega evolutions in trainers and gym leaders (latter starting with wattson and beyond)

- Often trainer teams of 6 mons.

TL;DR:

No, trainers CAN still make stupid mistakes, but are less likely to because their AI calculates a higher win chance thus takes riskier moves.

Hi over there,

I try to play the hack using a Gateway card. I dumped my game, restored the trimmed space (since it was just 1,5 Gig instead of 2 Gig large) and decided to not decrypt the game with rxTools, but generate Xorpads and decrypt it locally on my system manually by using the xorpads.

ctrtool displayed some exheader hash mismatches, but I read that this information can be ignored.

I extracted everything without any problem, I can see the romfs content and everything seems fine. I replaced all the stuff (the exefs and romfs stuff) and rebuild it, like in the tutorial, by using 3DS rom builder. It takes a while and I get a 3ds rom. I copy it onto my microSD card and try to play it, but Gateway tells me "Fragmentation error" and doesn't play it.

I tried to convert the 3ds rom to a cia rom by using the 3ds to cia converter I found on the web and I get a cia file which I inject by using devmenu.

It shows up correctly on the home menu, the sound plays, I start by pressing a and ignore the "install updates?" question. It loads but then stops by displaying "An error occurred." and shuts down.

So my question is, did anybody managed to build it successfully for Gateway and can play it with the newest firmware 3.4.1?

I'm playing the stuff on a sysnand 4.1.0 ds by using the newest supported emunand.

The xorpads were decrypted by using rxTools, since Decrypt9 always told me "Work failed".

Please, do you have any advice? Thanks.

Best Regards.

Tonilanda

If i play this game for example in Italian it will crash or it won't boot?

EDIT: It work with Italian (and other language i think)

If i play in Italian the title "Star Sapphire" doesn't appaer, but you can do it with PK3DS --> Title Screen --> Save Star Sapphire logo (right click) --> Select your language --> right click and replace.

Then rebuild romfs with PK3DS, delete the "lines" ecc...

Edited by MurdererFight

I use Hans with Sapphiere. I have a Problem now. When the "Start-Text" goes the white screen apear. And than it freezs.... What have i do wrong?

Vova (Im from Germany, sorry for Bad Englisch)

Did you make the starter pokemon random? If you did, do not do that. It will break the game. (Do not use any of the buttons in pk3DS below 'CRO Editing'. The same thing will happen.)