Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

The obvious thing is that you named it "ssapphire.bin" when it should be "ssapphire.romfs".

well damn... I'm blind

Don't name it 0011C500, I have a launcher specifically for Star Sapphire that will load the files with the proper set. If that's not showing up, you put the files StarSapphire.smdh and StarSapphire.xml in the wrong place. They should be in sd:/3ds right next to the eshop smdh..

Yeah that's the thing - after the first 2 launcher of HBL not even eshop shows up anymore. That said, it must be a personal issue of me overlooking something

well damn... I'm blind

Yeah that's the thing - after the first 2 launcher of HBL not even eshop shows up anymore. That said, it must be a personal issue of me overlooking something

Try opening HANS then clicking Exit. If that doesn't make the other Homebrew Launcher stuff show up, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try re-copying the Homebrew Starter.zip?

I was just PM'd that I can't distribute a pre-made drag-and-drop package, but I'm working on a video tutorial right now.

Try opening HANS then clicking Exit. If that doesn't make the other Homebrew Launcher stuff show up, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try re-copying the Homebrew Starter.zip?

I was just PM'd that I can't distribute a pre-made drag-and-drop package, but I'm working on a video tutorial right now.

dose that mean u cant make one for another site like an iso site instead of here?

Maybe try re-copying the Homebrew Starter.zip?

Ended up doing this (actually quite some before i read your reply xD). Using KaleoOmega (hope I got that right...) step-by-step I now got it all running.

Really really loving the blue!!

e3f8cbbb43476262b742571590ff8516.jpg

I didn't tried this ORAS hack yet, but these steps worked with me so far, for Pokémon Neo Y and CTGP-7 (Mario Kart 7 mod). I changed the instructions from the looks of this ORAS mod download pack:

1) Before everything, open your game through HANS and mark their titleid.

2) Dump your game with BrainDumps

3) Download the PackHack kit, available here: http://pastebin.com/A1s8cmsD

4) Extract it, open RomFS Extractor and choose your romfs.bin dumped from your original game. A folder named romfs_ should appear at the end

5) Download this ORAS pack according to your desired game, extract it. Look for the folder "a" inside the "romfs" folder. Copy the "a" folder

6) Now open the "romfs_" generated on Step 4, and paste the "a" folder. When you're asked to overwrite files, say "Yes".

7) After that, open the PackHack kit again, open the RomFS Builder, and repack the "romfs_" folder. At the end, you will be asked to save this file: use the format "titleid.romfs" for saving this file.

8) Now, open HxD ( http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ). Select the Hex bytes since the beginning, until the 0xFFF line (doing that, you will see the number "1000" on the foot of the program. Click to enlarge this example pic)

7ba651443374340.jpg

9) Delete these selected Hex bytes, then save.

10) Place this edited titleid.romfs on the "hans" folder on your SD Card, boot the 3DS, then HANS through HBL.

11) Just set the ROMFS option to "Yes", then boot your game.

It should work. :)

Please don't follow these instructions. Booting the game this way means that changes in code.bin will not be applied. Use the launcher as outlined in the OP.

Ended up doing this (actually quite some before i read your reply xD). Using KaleoOmega (hope I got that right...) step-by-step I now got it all running.

Really really loving the blue!!

e3f8cbbb43476262b742571590ff8516.jpg

If you're running it through hans without the special launcher, then find the ssapphire.code file and rename it to 0011C500.code so you get the whole rom hack. Alternatively, just rename 0011C500.romfs to ssapphire.romfs and use the launcher.

VIDEO TUTORIAL. Covers everything from Braindump to where to put files.

[video=youtube;KuotPqppL0M]

Edited by Dio_Vento

I have a question about the Pokemart items. I have started it just recently and just passed the point where Wally gets his Ralts. I noticed that after I got Pokeballs and once they were available for purchase in the Mart, the option for purchasing the Honey disappeared. Is this intentional and it will appear again later on, or is this a glitch with the Mart system?

I didn't tried this ORAS hack yet, but these steps worked with me so far, for Pokémon Neo Y and CTGP-7 (Mario Kart 7 mod). I changed the instructions from the looks of this ORAS mod download pack:

1) Before everything, open your game through HANS and mark their titleid.

2) Dump your game with BrainDumps

3) Download the PackHack kit, available here: http://pastebin.com/A1s8cmsD

4) Extract it, open RomFS Extractor and choose your romfs.bin dumped from your original game. A folder named romfs_ should appear at the end

5) Download this ORAS pack according to your desired game, extract it. Look for the folder "a" inside the "romfs" folder. Copy the "a" folder

6) Now open the "romfs_" generated on Step 4, and paste the "a" folder. When you're asked to overwrite files, say "Yes".

7) After that, open the PackHack kit again, open the RomFS Builder, and repack the "romfs_" folder. At the end, you will be asked to save this file: use the format "titleid.romfs" for saving this file.

8) Now, open HxD ( http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ). Select the Hex bytes since the beginning, until the 0xFFF line (doing that, you will see the number "1000" on the foot of the program. Click to enlarge this example pic)

7ba651443374340.jpg

9) Delete these selected Hex bytes, then save.

10) Place this edited titleid.romfs on the "hans" folder on your SD Card, boot the 3DS, then HANS through HBL.

11) Just set the ROMFS option to "Yes", then boot your game.

It should work. :)

tried that with neo x but it gives me black screen

Since many of us are starting a new game in Star Sapphire / Rutile Ruby I'd just like to throw this interesting tidbit of info here:

(Event) Flag 2913 controls whether the "organize boxes" is on top or not. If you force set it using pkhex (under event flags) you can make Organize boxes on top waaay before getting to the girl who actually lets you do so.

I am on *hax 2.5 and am using HANS. I have randomized the starters and wild Pokemon after copying the Star Sapphire files to my romfs folder. I can start the game and make a character. When my character goes to leave the truck and the screen goes white, the screen never leaves pure white. Just stuck there. My 3DS isn't freezing because I can leave the homebrew holding L+R+B+Down. Has anyone seen this before or have any tips to solve this? Thanks.

I am on *hax 2.5 and am using HANS. I have randomized the starters and wild Pokemon after copying the Star Sapphire files to my romfs folder. I can start the game and make a character. When my character goes to leave the truck and the screen goes white, the screen never leaves pure white. Just stuck there. My 3DS isn't freezing because I can leave the homebrew holding L+R+B+Down. Has anyone seen this before or have any tips to solve this? Thanks.

Reading the pk3DS thread would reveal that it is stated multiple times that you can't randomize the starters without the game crashing. This is due to CRO files not being able to be edited successfully (yet). That is the reason you crash before you can leave the van. Randomize the game again but leave the starters.

I have a question about the Pokemart items. I have started it just recently and just passed the point where Wally gets his Ralts. I noticed that after I got Pokeballs and once they were available for purchase in the Mart, the option for purchasing the Honey disappeared. Is this intentional and it will appear again later on, or is this a glitch with the Mart system?

I was wondering the same thing too. A bit odd how you are the first person to mention this in the thread so far, I'd have thought someone else would have noticed before.

(Or at least I searched for "honey" and this was the only result.)

I was wondering the same thing too. A bit odd how you are the first person to mention this in the thread so far, I'd have thought someone else would have noticed before.

(Or at least I searched for "honey" and this was the only result.)

This is intended. Honey replaces the first Mart that only sells Potions, but once you get the Pokédex it's replaced with Potions, Pokéballs, and Full Heals. I can't "add" items to the shop list, only replace them, so Honey comes back after you get 2 badges.

This is intended. Honey replaces the first Mart that only sells Potions, but once you get the Pokédex it's replaced with Potions, Pokéballs, and Full Heals. I can't "add" items to the shop list, only replace them, so Honey comes back after you get 2 badges.

Ok, thank you. I haven't been able to find that out yet because I have only just beaten the 1st gym and I have to say, this game is really hard. I had to be overleveled by 6 levels to beat Roxanne, but I have to say, it is really fun so far as well.

Better than the original OR/AS if you ask me. :P Same game except improved.

Thank you very much, that's what I was going for. My playtesters were able to beat the game without ever being significantly overleveled (one to two levels above opponents, tops) and without ever grinding, so that's what I balanced for.

I'm using the HANS method, and its worked all so far, its just when i boot to the homebrew launcher it doesn't show the Rutile Ruby icon, I followed everything exactly. It seems the only homebrew that actually shows up on my homebrew launcher are applications that use the .3dsx filetype, I'm running Ninjhax 2.5 beta on N3ds 10.2.0-28E.

I'm using the HANS method, and its worked all so far, its just when i boot to the homebrew launcher it doesn't show the Rutile Ruby icon, I followed everything exactly. It seems the only homebrew that actually shows up on my homebrew launcher are applications that use the .3dsx filetype, I'm running Ninjhax 2.5 beta on N3ds 10.2.0-28E.

Did you copy the contents of the HansPack folder to the ROOT of your SD card?