Changing your ID/SID to hatch eggs as shiny... does it affect the hatched Pokemon?

Dyshonest

Prior to Gen 6, according to a lot of people it left traces that were detectable (that it was hatched by an altered trainer).

Prior to Gen 5, you had to worry about the ID/SID combo even being possible, but I think with Gen 5 all combinations were made possible.

If I change my ID and SID to hatch an Egg as shiny, is the Pokemon illegal? What exactly does it do to the Pokemon? Is there any illegal ID/SID combos in Gen 6 or are all possible again?

Telling if a ID/SID combination was possible required a highly advanced understanding of how the RNG worked, something that likely won't be possible at all in Gen 6.

Editing your ID/TID would treat the egg as traded, like SV-abused ones. This does leave a trade at the pokémon, if you look at a SV-abused pokémon's summary, the Egg Met becomes Link Trade instead of Day-Care Couple. Then it's up to one's view on SV exploitation if it's cheated or not. Theoretically this "trace" can be avoided if you edit the egg's OT before it hatches to hatch your own new ID.

Ah... That's a shame.

My copy of Y has a defective RNG and generates Shiny Values over 3000 too often (over 70% of the time with an over 10,000-and-counting Egg sample) My highest amongst my digital versions is only 2496. I was hoping save editing could help but I guess it's not really wise to do so if there's a chance of some screwiness with legality.

Well actually I assumed you wanted to change it to pre-existing eggs. But if you want a fresh new ID for breeding, your eggs generated after it won't have any trace of your old OT info. Pre-existing pokémon would require manual editing to be treated as yours since they were generated with your old IDs.