Mom needs help....platinum

Mom

My six year old son is playing Pokemon Platinum. I admit, I have no idea what he is talking about with this game, but he needs some help. He was in Canalave City Cargo Port (on youtube, superskarmory walkthru #60) when the screens went completely black and no audio. No buttons worked. The charge light was still green. Put it on the charger, it came back up but he was all the way back in Village City and had lost a bunch of his Pokemon's.

Can someone tell me what happened when the screen went black, how to avoid it happening again and is there a way (tell me how) to save the game along the way so that if this occurs again, he will not be sent back so far? Is there anyway to get back to Canalave City where he was? Thanks.

Well I am not an expert, but the DS just froze for a second... I have never heard of a DS ever doing what you just explained though... Aside from when turned off... But did it come back completely on it's own? And is it a DS Lite, because it is also possible your son accidentally hit the Power Button.

As for the saving along the way, one can save the game at any point, except in battles, by pressing the X Button which will bring up the Menu. Then you would go down until you are at the option "Save" it will prompt a screen, all you need to do is say "Yes" and the game will be saved.

Unfortunately, you can not return to Canalave City, except by doing it the way he did it before, sorry.

This has happened to me too. When I put it on my bed it sometimes goes fully black. And it's probably because of the DS's dislike to some of the materials which were in my bed (possibly the magnets or specific metals). But the green light didn't flash like you mentioned. Preferably when playing, lift it up on your hands instead of resting it on something. Losing a whole bunch of pokemon was probably because he didn't save the game before it happened. To get back to Canalave City, he'll just have to continue the journey he currently is on...

If he feels really bad about losing a specific pokemon, one of us could trade one to him. The only other option to skip parts of the game to Canalave would be to get an Action Replay. I made a code a while back to give a guy all the gym badges. Your son would still have to play through the main storyline, but at least wouldn't have to go throught he trouble of gym matches.

Toffeuy: You have magnets in your bed?