Pokemon XY : Xerneas and Yveltal shiny unblocked ?

Hello guys !

A questions haunts me. It's possible with the RAM exploit to unlock shiny form of Yvetal and Xerneas ?

I mean to have them shiny in the lair of Team Flare before the eighth badge.

I think at a code who disable the protection who Game Freak made for that Yveltal and Xerneas can't be shiny.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english, I'm a french ShinyHunter.

The RAM exploit allows you to modify the console's RAM at will, but the shiny lock that prevents Xerneas/Yveltal &others to be shiny is hardcoded in the ROM of the cartridge. You can inject a shiny Xerneas&co (which will not be legit), but you cannot encounter a shiny in the wild.

I know it's possible to modify pokemon ROMS to play them on a gateway though, so it may be possible to remove the shiny lock that way ? There is a thread somewhere on this forum about ROM modifying, you could find there someone who knows more about it than I do.

Note that either way, shiny Xerneas&co will never be usable in online battles.

Thanks for your answer.

I'll look if I can find a ROM who the shiny check are disable.

I know that Xerneas and Yvetal Shiny can't be played online but I'm a ShinyHunter. It's just for my collection.

Thanks !

I've just a last question,

If we can't modify the RAM who hunt Xerneas or Yveltal, why we can with a code hunt Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini in BW2 ?

Thanks for your answer.

I'll look if I can find a ROM who the shiny check are disable.

I know that Xerneas and Yvetal Shiny can't be played online but I'm a ShinyHunter. It's just for my collection.

Thanks !

I've just a last question,

If we can't modify the RAM who hunt Xerneas or Yveltal, why we can with a code hunt Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini in BW2 ?

RAM injection is completely different from what Datel gave us with Action Replay.

RAM injection only allows you to add a xerneas in your PC, not to encounter him. You can make it shiny, it will be shiny IG and usable in every local battle but it will never be able to go anywhere online (including trades).

Anywhere you encounter it, the game checks its PID so that it can't be shiny (and rerolls it if a shiny one is found). Unless you disable this check, Xerneas&co will never be shiny no matter where you found them.

I'm sorry, but I thinks that it's possible to unlock Xerneas and Yveltal ...

Today, I can change the Pokémon and it's can be shiny ...

[video=youtube;QIv-maf6obI]

But you used a gateway rom to encounter the genesect in the first place, didn't you? Because ROMs are a whole different story as opposed to RAM injection

I'm sorry, but I thinks that it's possible to unlock Xerneas and Yveltal ...

Today, I can change the Pokémon and it's can be shiny ...

[video=youtube;QIv-maf6obI]

But you used a gateway rom to encounter the genesect in the first place, didn't you? Because ROMs are a whole different story as opposed to RAM injection

That's what I explained to you above^^ We were able to extract every data from XYORAS cartridges, modify it then pack it again in a playable game. That's what a ROM is and that's how you can do some silly stuffs like editing 3D models or set which pokemon you want to encounter where (that's how your video was done).

Doing so, you would be able to encounter Xerneas wherever you want. Being able to encounter a shiny one should be possible to if you can mess with that shiny-lock thing (I don't know a thing about ROM customisation, I cannot help you for that). Also, you'll need a gateway in order to play custom ROMS ;)

If must admit I didn't know about it, you tickled my curiosity^^ I'm probably going to try doing the same thing when you'll reveal how you did it, but I still don't think it's possible to encounter a shiny Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde/Mewtwo/Elementary Bird in XY (same goes for the climate trio and deoxys in ROSA) because of that shiny-lock thing. It would be funny if it was indeed possible though ;)

RAM editing encounter tables is possible apparently (which surprised me), it's just nobody has made a tool for it yet. There was talk of somebody on GBAtemp making such a program, way back when all the RAM exploits first became public, but I've not seen anything yet.

Shasseur66 is making a tutorial apparently, so we'll see.

So this isn't exactly related to the thread's topic, but interesting nonetheless. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on here considering it's been around almost as long as the other RAM exploits. Thanks to KazoWAR who created the program.

Instructions:

1) Use the encedit program to set the 5 pokemon that will spawn.

2) Click Save, its saved to encdata.bin.

3) Copy code.bin and encdata.bin to 3DS SD card.

4) In OR/AS go to Petalburg Woods.

5) Save the game.

6) Reset the game.

7) Once you are back in Petalburg Woods, press home and go to the browser.

8) Go to http://loadcode.projectpokemon.org

9) After browser crash go back to game.

There are a few limitations:

1) Like the other exploits, you need to be on firmware 9.5.0-22 or below. I'm not sure what the lower limit is.

2) It only works for Petalburg Woods

3) You can't make the wild Pokémon shiny, although they won't have a shiny lock on them.

I suspect the last two are something which could easily be changed in an updated version of the program. Looking at the raw data, I don't know if it's as easy as changing 'Petalburg Woods' to your desired location, but I doubt it.

Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88folb28y61t28x/encedit.rar

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/xLJ4ZZ2p

So this isn't exactly related to the thread's topic, but interesting nonetheless. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on here considering it's been around almost as long as the other RAM exploits. Thanks to KazoWAR who created the program.

Instructions:

1) Use the encedit program to set the 5 pokemon that will spawn.

2) Click Save, its saved to encdata.bin.

3) Copy code.bin and encdata.bin to 3DS SD card.

4) In OR/AS go to Petalburg Woods.

5) Save the game.

6) Reset the game.

7) Once you are back in Petalburg Woods, press home and go to the browser.

8) Go to http://loadcode.projectpokemon.org

9) After browser crash go back to game.

There are a few limitations:

1) Like the other exploits, you need to be on firmware 9.5.0-22 or below. I'm not sure what the lower limit is.

2) It only works for Petalburg Woods

3) You can't make the wild Pokémon shiny, although they won't have a shiny lock on them.

I suspect the last two are something which could easily be changed in an updated version of the program. Looking at the raw data, I don't know if it's as easy as changing 'Petalburg Woods' to your desired location, but I doubt it.

Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88folb28y61t28x/encedit.rar

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/xLJ4ZZ2p

That's so much fun, I'll never get tired of messing with encouters x)

Do you know if it would be possible to rename the code.bin (and hence adding a # at the end of the web link) or something ? I would be glad if I could keep my boxdata code.bin on my SD card^^

Also, "You can't make the wild Pokémon shiny, although they won't have a shiny lock on them." --> Does that mean that it is possible to encounter a shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza then (don't know if Kalos legendaries are shiny-locked in ORAS)?

Also, "You can't make the wild Pokémon shiny, although they won't have a shiny lock on them." --> Does that mean that it is possible to encounter a shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza then (don't know if Kalos legendaries are shiny-locked in ORAS)?

The only ORAS Shiny locked are Kyogre / Groudon / Rayquaza / Deoxys, sadly.

As Timeboy said, it might be possible to alter the location, and thus the game. But why bother making it work with XY...

> the mons are 9/10 times illegal for online use till edited

> just about everyone has ORAS

> ORAS is better ;D