Avalanche on Rhyperior

Toxic on Garchomp

Fire Blast on Absol

Thunder on Registeel

Thats all I can think up, If anymore pop into my head i'll edit this thread

There are moves that are very common on pokemon but I can't understand why

I'm not saying they suck but I need enlightning on them, they are the following

Avalanche on Rhyperior

Avalanche can deal with the likes of Gliscor and Dragons like Salamence and Dragonite since Avalanche doubles in power if the user is hit with a move beforehand.

Toxic on Garchomp

It helps it cripple Lugia who would otherwise Wall Garchomp

Fire Blast on Absol

Fire Blast lets Absol deal with Steelix, who is a common switch in to Absol and would otherwise Wall him.

Thunder on Registeel

I'm not really sure about this one I haven't heard of any Registeel using Thunder to it's advantage, Thunder Wave, but not Thunder...=\

Changes in Bold

Thanks, I really don't know why people teach thunder to registeel but if you look on youtube you will find loads of them

No Problem I'll have to take a look through youtube to see if I can find any. Would you happen to have a link to any of these battles? I might be able to chalk up why they would use Thunder on Registeel =\

Gyarados able to lean Thunder Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt?

And Manectric able to learn Flamethrower? it's a very convenient idea, but it's just odd. How does it produce the fire?

Flamethrower and overheat on manectric are good cause it covers grass types that electric type moves don't

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

No Problem I'll have to take a look through youtube to see if I can find any. Would you happen to have a link to any of these battles? I might be able to chalk up why they would use Thunder on Registeel =\

Actually, I think I may have been wrong

It may have been someone trying stuff out

Lesse... Signal Beam on a Jolteon, Grass Knot on Empoleon, Accupressure on Shuckle, Ariel Ace on Tyranitar, Ariel Ace on Metagross, Flash Cannon on Kingdra, Magnet Rise on Magnezone***, Flamethrower on Togekiss.

*** The reason I say finding Magnet Rise on a Magnezone is wierd is because Magnemite, Magneton and Magnezone are unable to have levitate as their ability. If it DID have levitate as its ability, I believe it would be a hell of alot more effective than what it is right now. It's not so much that its wierd, I just find it to be one of those moments where you end up asking yourself, "What in the hell were they thinking???" You'd think that something that is floating all the time would have Levitate avaliable as an ability. I'd gladly swap out Magnet Pull for Levitate.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Gyarados able to lean Thunder Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt?

And Manectric able to learn Flamethrower? it's a very convenient idea, but it's just odd. How does it produce the fire?

I have a Manectric that knows Flamethrower and Signal Beam. Have I blown your mind yet?

Lesse... Signal Beam on a Jolteon, Grass Knot on Empoleon, Accupressure on Shuckle, Ariel Ace on Tyranitar, Ariel Ace on Metagross, Flash Cannon on Kingdra, Magnet Rise on Magnezone***, Flamethrower on Togekiss.

*** The reason I say finding Magnet Rise on a Magnezone is wierd is because Magnemite, Magneton and Magnezone are unable to have levitate as their ability. If it DID have levitate as its ability, I believe it would be a hell of alot more effective than what it is right now. It's not so much that its wierd, I just find it to be one of those moments where you end up asking yourself, "What in the hell were they thinking???" You'd think that something that is floating all the time would have Levitate avaliable as an ability. I'd gladly swap out Magnet Pull for Levitate.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I have a Manectric that knows Flamethrower and Signal Beam. Have I blown your mind yet?

Completely wrong about Magenezone, its WAY more effective with Magnet Pull, being able to TRAP Scizor, Metagross, Jirachi, Skarmory, and Lucario is probably one of the MOST effective revenge killers on Sweepers and walls in today's Metagame. And with its unique type, it can resist Metagross, and Scizors common moves x4 and Lucarios standard moves except Close combat. And with Magnet Rise it becomes even more hard to take down since it will Magnet Rise off the bat (Predicting Earthquake from Metagross) and then get a free substitute off letting you take down Metagross, Scizor, and Jirachi and denting who ever switches in after the KO.

Anyways, Surf on Garchomp is weird, and Flamethrower on Slowbro.

There are moves that are very common on pokemon but I can't understand why

I'm not saying they suck but I need enlightning on them, they are the following

Avalanche on Rhyperior

Toxic on Garchomp

Fire Blast on Absol

Thunder on Registeel

Rhyperior could've hit a mountain or cause the ground to shake. :\ How else would they start an avalanche?

All Pokemon (Except Magickarp, Beldum, and Ditto) learn Toxic. My guess is via body wastes. :P

Yeah, the Absol part is weird.

Registeel is a Steel type and usually Steel is associated with electricity. Plus, all the Regis learn Zap Cannon. They are just weird and cool like that. B)

Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam: Snore, and Dream Eater. Other than the ability Synchronize, I can't find a way to put the opponent to sleep. I've looked through learnable TM's, Move Tutor, and egg moves with no luck. I definitely want a good Dream Eater Alakazam, but it seems useless.

Blaziken with Toxic, Infernape with Grass Knot... How can Blaziken use Toxic, but NOT Drain Punch?! :mad:

I think Grass Knot on Infernape makes sense...he is a monkey and when you think Monkey you think swinging on vines(well at least I do lol) so as far as that moves goes Infernape could just be tying up vines =].

As for the Drain Punch I agree...what's up with that...seriously...

Good point there. Another wierd thing to see would be Leech Seed. Would he just puke up the seeds? o.0
Ha, I'd love to see that. :b A Smeargle totally puking seeds in a kids show. xD And not only puking them but I'd imagine he'd be doing it on his opponent... xD!

Lol wow you guys have an active imagination. But I think a more "Realistic" theory would be that he draws all the moves through some kind of "Pokemon Power" hence the word sketch. I think that would be more "Kid Friendly" if they ever did decide to add Smeargle using some attacks mentioned above in the anime. It makes sense to me...any thoughts?

Lol