Update Ver. 1.4 is more fun

Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS have a new update released today.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1061/p/430

Information:

As of April 1, 2015, new update data for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has been made available for download on Nintendo eShop. We strongly recommend that all Pokémon X and Pokémon Y players download and install this update.

Update Details:

This update also includes the previous updates.

Ver. 1.4 details (released on April 2, 2015)

Adjustments have been made to make for a more fun gaming experience.

Users should download the software update prior to using the following online features:

Connecting to the Internet using the Player Search System

Using Wonder Trade

Using Game Sync

Connecting to the Global Trade Station

Redeeming a Mystery Gift

Without updating the games, you can access Pokemon

bank (must have updated 3ds).

You cannot connect if you don't update cause you'll get an error code saying you can't connect in-game.

my question, will they delete hoopa and the water fire thing when you update like they did with diancie when they released that other update right before releasing diancie?

How will this update aeffect what you guys do?

EDIT: XY 1.4/ORAS 1.3 features the following fixes:

Furthermore they fixed a bug in the dialog when teaching a move through the move tutor. On the old version if you were to do the following:

- select a move to teach

- select a pokemon

- select a move to replace

- decline replacing that move

The tutor would then say for example "Fire Punch should stop trying to learn Ice Punch" rather than "Diggersby should stop trying to learn Ice Punch".

As for XY at least the following glitch was fixed (I tested it on both old and new versions, same for ORAS)

If you have an egg in your party and go to a field of grass then start the pokeradar you will first normally hear the radar music. Next step is to hatch the egg without encountering any Pokemon between the two steps. (Max repel in big field). Once the hatching animation is done you would expect the pokeradar music to continue, but it doesn't. Instead you would hear hatching music. If you then encounter a Pokemon and that battle finishes there will be completely no music whatsoever.

Edited by wraith89

Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS have a new update released today.

Adjustments have been made to make for a more fun gaming experience.

Users should download the software update prior to using the following online features:

Connecting to the Internet using the Player Search System

Using Wonder Trade

Using Game Sync

Connecting to the Global Trade Station

Redeeming a Mystery Gift

Is that me or the only thing this update does is patching the injection glitch somehow ?

Wait, they seriously updated X and Y? I highly doubt they'll remove Pokemon, but I'm still curious to know what they changed. Nintendo have to be one of the vaguest companies when it comes to changelogs. I mean, what the hell does "a more fun gaming experience" mean? I assume it just means "we stopped some hackers; that'll show 'em".

If they remove Pokémon, they might as well just not include them in the first place. As much as I love spoilers, it would be nice to be genuinely surprised when they reveal a new event legendary. I don't really know why they didn't do this in X and Y. I suppose it is better to have everything on one cart rather than loads of add-ons stored on the SD card, although loads of 3DS games introduce new characters and even maps and areas via patches. I'm guessing they didn't expect X and Y to be mined.

Kaphotics and SciresM have posted details of the changes in the past using a diff checker (http://pastebin.com/QsNqLSqV & http://pastebin.com/jkhAFgcQ). They haven't really added anything substantial before, certainly compared to other 3DS games. They sorted out the Lumiose saving bug, then added the Pokéball animations and Friend Safari Vivillon sprites which was the most notable thing they've done. That patch also, annoyingly, stopped you using impossibly hacked Pokémon with friends, with the same checks as Battle Spot. Before that you could use unreleased/illegal Pokémon which was just harmless fun, although with the widespread use of the new RAM editing exploits I guess it would be pretty annoying running into 12 year old passer bys trolling. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this patch only has minor bug fixes and it's main purpose is forcing people to update.

The fact they updated both XY and ORAS is telling that it is mostly for some online function. Why XY all of a sudden? There is probably some minor 'bug fix' or whatever, they always say "a more fun gaming experience". Or it is a forced update to prevent people from injecting and the joke is there is nothing that changed. It would have been cool if it was "allowing new megas to get into XY", but nope. Of course that would not happen. Just the same patch note as last time: "a more fun gaming experience".

EDIT: Wait, last patch note said "bug fixes" so it did the whole pokeball animation/ Vivillon sprite placement, but this one just says "fun gaming experience" along with "it is required to patch to go online". I am starting to think it really is a forced update.

i thinmk the update was to make the game run more smother as when you send in a pokemon it drops fps and it also does that online 2 s0 in order for that to work they had to make the patch require you to update to play online

i thinmk the update was to make the game run more smother as when you send in a pokemon it drops fps and it also does that online 2 s0 in order for that to work they had to make the patch require you to update to play online

Nope, fps still decrease in battle on a 3DS(especially online+triple+3D, it's terrible). It doesn't decrease on my new3DS, but this is related to the better hardware. This update just patches the web exploit injection.

Nope, fps still decrease in battle on a 3DS(especially online+triple+3D, it's terrible). It doesn't decrease on my new3DS, but this is related to the better hardware. This update just patches the web exploit injection.

On the topic of FPS, that still drops on a N3DS XL and I'm speaking out of experience ._.!

I know 1 thing the ORAS update fixed though. There was a game breaking glitch that triggered when surfing on a wailmer then leveling it up to 40 while battling a fished pokemon the screen would black out after the evolution while the music would keep playing.

why the heck would they make the update require to go online the 1.2 update for x and y in the past was not required to go online maybe cause they want less people to be able to hack in hoopa which ruins the event

why the heck would they make the update require to go online the 1.2 update for x and y in the past was not required to go online maybe cause they want less people to be able to hack in hoopa which ruins the event

I'm fairly certain you did have to update to go online, at least you definitely did with 1.3 on XY.

Anybody know a way to update Pokemon Omega Ruby without using a out-of-date 3DS? Like putting your SD card,game, and account on a updated 3DS then updating and just put the card and game back in the old 3DS then sign back in?

Anybody know a way to update Pokemon Omega Ruby without using a out-of-date 3DS? Like putting your SD card,game, and account on a updated 3DS then updating and just put the card and game back in the old 3DS then sign back in?

Unfortunatetly, it isn't that simple. Softwares, including update patches, on SD cards are linked to their respective consoles which means you can't simply swap SD cards around between 3DSs. Downloaded software/patches will only run on 3DS from which they were obtained. It simply won't work and I'm not sure what the best alternative is for you.

As an aside, may I say I love the title of this thread "Update Ver. 1.4 is more fun". I'm having a real blast.

As to the (maybe?) confusion of system update requirement: All patches require access to the e-shop, as that is where they are downloaded from, even if you use the option "download now" (it just doesn't load into the e-shop app on the system). This has always been the case and is nothing new.

As to the seemed "timing" of the update, I can only say "whatever". Everyone knew that there may well be an update at any time that would fix anything from a game-breaking glitch to a minor thing that 99.9% of players would never notice or encounter. Doesn't matter, it's happened. Whining about it isn't going to change a thing.

All it means is this: Have more fun in version 1.4(X/Y)/1.3(ORAS)! And learn to breed, it's not hard (they actually made it nearly too easy this time).

• 2 weeks later...
All it means is this: Have more fun in version 1.4(X/Y)/1.3(ORAS)! And learn to breed, it's not hard (they actually made it nearly too easy this time).
Yes, I help people Gen. No, I don't take requests. No, I don't support hacking.
Which is it?

And tell me when Archaictendo lets us FINALLY release eggs and give shiny eggs a different color. 1/512 with a Shiny Charm is still an unbearable experience to go through.

Which is it?

And tell me when Archaictendo lets us FINALLY release eggs and give shiny eggs a different color. 1/512 with a Shiny Charm is still an unbearable experience to go through.

Which is what? And as for your other question....

First of all Nintendo doesn't make the pokemon game, GameFreak does.

Secondly, do we look like a bunch of Alakazam with Future Sight?

And lastly, if anytime then in the next main series games. Patches will only ever serve the purpose of fixing bugs.

Which is what? And as for your other question....

First of all Nintendo doesn't make the pokemon game, GameFreak does.

Secondly, do we look like a bunch of Alakazam with Future Sight?

And lastly, if anytime then in the next main series games. Patches will only ever serve the purpose of fixing bugs.

Something tells me Game Freak is not the one who decides what to do. They are likely directed by Nintendo.

What bugs? These games still have FPS drops constantly, even without 3D on. Forget about it if you DO turn 3D on... I'm pretty sure the only time a bug was fixed was the Lumiose City one. How they fixed it, I'm not quite sure...

I'm pretty sure the updates are just to force people to update firmwares and such. Unlike Smash Bros, where people find out what the updates did, no one ever does for X/Y/OR/AS.

Something tells me Game Freak is not the one who decides what to do. They are likely directed by Nintendo.

What bugs? These games still have FPS drops constantly, even without 3D on. Forget about it if you DO turn 3D on... I'm pretty sure the only time a bug was fixed was the Lumiose City one. How they fixed it, I'm not quite sure...

I'm pretty sure the updates are just to force people to update firmwares and such. Unlike Smash Bros, where people find out what the updates did, no one ever does for X/Y/OR/AS.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/patch.shtml --> I agree with you on the last one though, which clearly just patched injections. But hey, as far as Nintendo is concerned it's a bug !

A GTS error that no one ever encountered or only affected certain copies. Too bad the GTS still has a myriad of other more serious and annoying errors that have been present since Diamond and Pearl.

I love the wording about "the bug used to intercept [...]". Nope. It was a hack. Not a bug.

I'm not sure what their terminology of "occasional bug" means, but uh, okay. At least something was fixed even if no one ever noticed it.

1.3 fixed... things no one ever noticed and even Nintendo summarized it as "Increased cheat device detection." at the end. So increased! PowerSaves, Cyber Gadget and the browser still worked for a long time (with the former two still working?).

X/Y/OR/AS are very good examples of the current gen of gaming---incredibly slow, buggy, and an outright refusal by their creators to ever fix anything people noticed or cared about.

People hounded Nintendo since X/Y that horde battles caused far too much slowdown. What do they do in OR/AS? Not fix it and not only make hordes MORE common, but make TRAINER horde battles. Although a lot of this stems from OR/AS being a very quick and lazy ROM hack of X/Y.

I know 1 thing the ORAS update fixed though. There was a game breaking glitch that triggered when surfing on a wailmer then leveling it up to 40 while battling a fished pokemon the screen would black out after the evolution while the music would keep playing.

Furthermore they fixed a bug in the dialog when teaching a move through the move tutor. On the old version if you were to do the following:

- select a move to teach

- select a pokemon

- select a move to replace

- decline replacing that move

The tutor would then say for example "Fire Punch should stop trying to learn Ice Punch" rather than "Diggersby should stop trying to learn Ice Punch".

As for XY at least the following glitch was fixed (I tested it on both old and new versions, same for ORAS)

If you have an egg in your party and go to a field of grass then start the pokeradar you will first normally hear the radar music. Next step is to hatch the egg without encountering any Pokemon between the two steps. (Max repel in big field). Once the hatching animation is done you would expect the pokeradar music to continue, but it doesn't. Instead you would hear hatching music. If you then encounter a Pokemon and that battle finishes there will be completely no music whatsoever.

• 3 months later...
The only question I'm really concerned about is, will ram2save still work with the 1.4 patch?

no , 1.4 patch for OR/AS killed ram2sav , i tested it myself

if you happen you have the 1.4 patch and want to use ram2sav , you must delete the update