[Question] Ho-Oh music in AS and vice versa

Favna

• 3 weeks later...

It is rather complicated (for it seems it's unknown which flag unlocks it), but a friend and I did it.... by using each other's save in their game.

Long story short:

- extract your AS save, load it up with Clear Bell in the Bag

- insert this save into a OR game (must share the same gender trainer), fight Ho-oh there. Music unlocked!

- extract the save from OR

- insert it back into AS

We were rather amazed it actually worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried this and it works. Of note, the portal for Lugia (or vice-versa if doing it the other way around) is still visible in Sea Mauville. Why they can't just give us access to both pieces of music, I'll never know. It's stupid the way they did it.

Just tried this and it works. Of note, the portal for Lugia (or vice-versa if doing it the other way around) is still visible in Sea Mauville. Why they can't just give us access to both pieces of music, I'll never know. It's stupid the way they did it.

I've actually not yet found someone who has a female character in OR :\ Not that I have searched that actively... but it's also hard to find someone who has a second console that is not updated these days.

I've actually not yet found someone who has a female character in OR :\ Not that I have searched that actively... but it's also hard to find someone who has a second console that is not updated these days.

I do, actually, but I've already caught Ho-Oh. Would it work to uncheck the PKHeX flag? I'm also kinda interested into Lugia music.

That would work, yes (speaking from experience). To not mix up saves, I suggest doing 1 at a time.

So to start, if you would send me your ramsav? Then I can "inject" my AS save which has the clear bell into it.

Also if you have a powersaves, I suggest making a backup. It can't hurt to do.

By the way, I won't be able to do what has to be done until tomorrow morning (in 9 or so hours).

That would work, yes (speaking from experience). To not mix up saves, I suggest doing 1 at a time.

So to start, if you would send me your ramsav? Then I can "inject" my AS save which has the clear bell into it.

Also if you have a powersaves, I suggest making a backup. It can't hurt to do.

By the way, I won't be able to do what has to be done until tomorrow morning (in 9 or so hours).

Well, actually I mixed things up. Their flags for Ho-Oh or Lugia shouldn't be the same, so Ho-Oh from your game wouldn't be fought if loaded in mine and vice-versa. I added you on Skype, will have a save ready soon for your tests.

And no I don't have PS nor a second 3DS that can go online. But if this works for you it should do for me.

EDIT: just tested with a friend who has female AS and it does work with the Clear Bell in bag. This was just for testing though because he can't use the exploit anymore, and just happened to have his AS backup.

For other people who might check this thread:

I have done the safe switching shenanigans with Foxy and can fully confirm that it works :)! There were some issues with mixed up memories, but running rsavout then make a minor edit and run rsavin again fixed it afaik.

TIL that Ho-Oh's music is super awesome *-*

For other people who might check this thread:

I have done the safe switching shenanigans with Foxy and can fully confirm that it works :)! There were some issues with mixed up memories, but running rsavout then make a minor edit and run rsavin again fixed it afaik.

TIL that Ho-Oh's music is super awesome *-*

Confirming, it worked nicely for me too! The memories thing were actually an issue with PKHeX itself, apparently it also fixed itself if you saved the pokémon on PKHeX, and the game never got confused with it.

If someone else are gonna do this, I also recommend not saving after capturing the other legendary, just make a rsavout, that way your game's profile won't update and thus you won't lose your PSS friends list/daily event shenanigans because the game won't know you "switched systems". No big deal, but it's a bit better.

And I know right? It's one of my favorite ones! :)

But, people, I had confirmed it worked for I had done it myself. Geez, thanks for ignoring me. =p

j/k. Glad to know you guys managed to do it! I also love Ho-oh's music. They could at least have the song name appearing when selecting, I often mix up the numbers when selecting. u.u"