Is there any way to gen or inject Pokemon after 9.5.0.23?

lolcakes1

You can't expect exploits to remain unpatched this day in age. You have to either be wary and only update when you know it's safe or take the approach of the Gateway team and created an emulated version of your system storage that can be updated independently of the exploitable, non-emulated version.

Depending on how desperate you are, you can always sell your 3DS and buy one that you know is running an older, exploitable firmware.

Hey, Im new to this whole thing. Is it reasonable to hope for a new method of save editing in the near future? Also is there no way to downgrade your system from 9.5.0-23u? Sorry if these are dumb questions Ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks for any reply.

Hey, Im new to this whole thing. Is it reasonable to hope for a new method of save editing in the near future? Also is there no way to downgrade your system from 9.5.0-23u? Sorry if these are dumb questions Ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks for any reply.

We are very unlikely to find another exploit on 3DS. Actually, we would have better chances to find one on the successor of (new)3DS as it would come with an entirely new firmware.

And for your second question, I've heard about downgrading but I've no idea if it's possible from 9.5.0-23 and it is really not safe any way. I advice you not to try it if you are "new to this whole thing".

• 2 weeks later...
How would one go about downgrading and finding out your version thingy? Sorry I'm a noob.

Using an NAND backup of the older firmware. Other than that, Gateway posted old firmware for backup, but they're in 4.0 area. You can find out the firmware you're on at the lower right corner of the screen in system settings.