Sdhc and SDMMC card into computer + 3DS?

SuperiorHacker

Hi! Just wondering if I could fit a full SDHC card into a SDMMC slot into my pc because I need a full SDHC for my 3ds!I'm trying to use the pokehex injecting thing but before I get my sdhc card I need to know if I need some sort of adapter(Can't find one on the internet) or will I just slot the sdhc card into the slot and

it will work?

Please tell me if I need an adapter or reader that lets me connect it into the pc!Or if I just can fit the sdhc in the mmc slot and it will work!

I can't tell without computer specs. Mine for example can only read SD cards, so I had to get a USB reader. The Transcend one I have only cost around $12 on Amazon.

SuperiorHacker: Thanks I'm new on Project Pokemon!

Thanks can you just please tell me if sdhc is the same size as mmc(full sizes)

Thanks so much I just found a usb card reader and bookmarked it in case I need one(If sdhc isnt same size as mmc)!

SDHC just refers to SD cards with better maximum storage size than regular SDs (now we even have SDXC cards). There can be microSHDC, miniSDHC or standard SDHC cards, so a SDHC card will fit in your regular SD reader.

The problem is that older SD card readers cannot read SDHC cards as they do not support the upgraded hardware. As rustinpeace said, if this doesn't work with your built-in SD card reader you'll have to buy another.

Be careful though, because 3DS cannot read SD cards higher thant a certain storage size (I think mine can read up to 4GB cards but 3DSXL & newDS might go higher).

PS : your built-in reader is labelled "SDMMC" because it either read SD cards or MMC cards (sony's memory cards for psp)

SDHC just refers to SD cards with better maximum storage size than regular SDs (now we even have SDXC cards). There can be microSHDC, miniSDHC or standard SDHC cards, so a SDHC card will fit in your regular SD reader.

The problem is that older SD card readers cannot read SDHC cards as they do not support the upgraded hardware. As rustinpeace said, if this doesn't work with your built-in SD card reader you'll have to buy another.

Be careful though, because 3DS cannot read SD cards higher thant a certain storage size (I think mine can read up to 4GB cards but 3DSXL & newDS might go higher).

PS : your built-in reader is labelled "SDMMC" because it either read SD cards or MMC cards (sony's memory cards for psp)

Thanks for the detailed reply can you please tell me how to lock a thread?