Powersaves + PkHex + Save File = Download Save Files To 3DS?

Before I get powersaves I have one question: (Maybe Not One Actually)

1st question:If I backup my game to powersaves what save files will it be? Will it be a main file (you know: those files called main?)?[/u][/u]

MAIN: Can I get my main file I downloaded off the internet and and use that backup? (About 1st question)

YES: * (About MAIN section)

NO: Go to the no section of BIN/OTHER. (About the MAIN section)

BIN/OTHER: Can I turn that main file into a bin or the save file I need? (About 1st Question)

NO: Can I get my backup(no hacked) onto the computer atleast and edit it then export the backup to my 3ds? (About BIN/OTHER)

YES:*(About BIN/OTHER)

YES: * (About answering NO to BIN/OTHER)

NO:I'll just use the codes. (About answering NO to BIN/OTHER)

* Means Post in the comments how to do it.

Powersaves backup files are encrypted .bin files located in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Powersaves3DS. You can decrypt them with...

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44175-Pokemon-Gen-VI-Save-Decrypter

It turns the file into a decrypted one that PKHex can read and edit. You export it as a main file, but can only be read via Gateway firmware and SaveDataFiler. Unless you have a JP console and games, where CyberSave is the option over Powersaves. Main files can't be turned into Powersaves encrypted backup files, as far as I know. Basically, it's one way.

Powersaves backup files are encrypted .bin files located in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Powersaves3DS. You can decrypt them with...

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44175-Pokemon-Gen-VI-Save-Decrypter

It turns the file into a decrypted one that PKHex can read and edit. You export it as a main file, but can only be read via Gateway firmware and SaveDataFiler. Unless you have a JP console and games, where CyberSave is the option over Powersaves. Main files can't be turned into Powersaves encrypted backup files, as far as I know. Basically, it's one way.

Tks for reply!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Sorry any mistakes in my english, but I feel confuse.

Can someone give me a link or explain me how to:

I have powersaves, I can take my savefiles from its folder;

I saw and I followed the instructions of a hispanic guy, I did all correct, but at end, he does not explain how to send the save back to powersaves;

Since I decrypted the savefile and edited my pokémons on PKHex, I wonder how to send back to cartridge?

It will be by powersaves or I should to use another way?

Sorry, I feel confuse and I cant find an answer on his large forum.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Sorry any mistakes in my english, but I feel confuse.

Can someone give me a link or explain me how to:

I have powersaves, I can take my savefiles from its folder;

I saw and I followed the instructions of a hispanic guy, I did all correct, but at end, he does not explain how to send the save back to powersaves;

Since I decrypted the savefile and edited my pokémons on PKHex, I wonder how to send back to cartridge?

It will be by powersaves or I should to use another way?

Sorry, I feel confuse and I cant find an answer on his large forum.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

You have partially decrypted your save file, and can view/edit in PKHeX. That much has been doable since about February 2014. What you can't do with Powersaves is send this edited save file back in your cartridge. This was achieved by a select few, but the method was discovered by Datel and patched before it was released to the public. Currently there is no chance of "tricking" the Powersaves dongle into putting your edited save file in, because, as I understand it, their servers check the save file before and after it has been taken from your game cartridge. When you restore the backup in the Powersaves software, it detects that you've tampered with it and doesn't allow the injection. This could easily be disabled by Datel, making the Powersaves able to inject PKHeX-edited save files, but their business model seems to be to only allow what they see fit (even though the sales would probably go through the roof if they announced they were taking the restrictions off)

Their are a few options you have to inject your save file:

1) RAM2Sav - A free exploit released in January this year, available to anyone with a 3DS, internet connection and firmware 9.5.0-22 or lower. This method was patched in the 9.5.0-23 update on March 2nd.

2) Gateway card - This requires you to be on firmware 9.2 or below, and you need to purchase the Gateway card. There is a Gateway program called SaveDataFiler that you use to extract and inject your save file.

3) Cyber Gadget Save Editor - This is save editing in its purest form, as it completely bypasses your 3DS and just connects to your cartridge to a dongle, like the Powersaves. The difference is that you can do anything you want with your save file. The downside is that it only works with Japanese cartridges. I import my games anyway and I've been using it fine since it was released in July last year.

That is it for the foreseeable future.

You have partially decrypted your save file, and can view/edit in PKHeX. That much has been doable since about February 2014. What you can't do with Powersaves is send this edited save file back in your cartridge. This was achieved by a select few, but the method was discovered by Datel and patched before it was released to the public. Currently there is no chance of "tricking" the Powersaves dongle into putting your edited save file in, because, as I understand it, their servers check the save file before and after it has been taken from your game cartridge. When you restore the backup in the Powersaves software, it detects that you've tampered with it and doesn't allow the injection. This could easily be disabled by Datel, making the Powersaves able to inject PKHeX-edited save files, but their business model seems to be to only allow what they see fit (even though the sales would probably go through the roof if they announced they were taking the restrictions off)

Their are a few options you have to inject your save file:

1) RAM2Sav - A free exploit released in January this year, available to anyone with a 3DS, internet connection and firmware 9.5.0-22 or lower. This method was patched in the 9.5.0-23 update on March 2nd.

2) Gateway card - This requires you to be on firmware 9.2 or below, and you need to purchase the Gateway card. There is a Gateway program called SaveDataFiler that you use to extract and inject your save file.

3) Cyber Gadget Save Editor - This is save editing in its purest form, as it completely bypasses your 3DS and just connects to your cartridge to a dongle, like the Powersaves. The difference is that you can do anything you want with your save file. The downside is that it only works with Japanese cartridges. I import my games anyway and I've been using it fine since it was released in July last year.

That is it for the foreseeable future.

Thank you.

So, sorry for any fault understanding of me, but look my case:

My 3ds is updated with latest firmware, my 3ds is USA, same as my cartridge.

So following yours instructions, I cant do the option 3*, and maybe I could do 1* or 2*, if I reset my 3ds for default firmware, right?

There's some tutorial you can send me explaining this and/or what do you recommend in my case?

Sorry for lots of question, I just feel a lil lost, thank you so much since now.

Thank you.

So, sorry for any fault understanding of me, but look my case:

My 3ds is updated with latest firmware, my 3ds is USA, same as my cartridge.

So following yours instructions, I cant do the option 3*, and maybe I could do 1* or 2*, if I reset my 3ds for default firmware, right?

There's some tutorial you can send me explaining this and/or what do you recommend in my case?

Sorry for lots of question, I just feel a lil lost, thank you so much since now.

There is no way to go back to a previous firmware, unfortunately. Once you're on the latest firmware, that's it, there's no fix. The Gateway card requires you to be on 9.2 or below, so that's not really an option. The only thing you can do are buy another 3DS, search for a second hand one with firmware 9.0-9.5.0-22. That really is your only option, and you're not alone, loads of people have accidentally updated their firmware.

• 1 year later...
How can i put the file in my powersaves file to put them in my game?

Powersaves backups are encrypted.

Powersaves can backup and restore encrypted of the same cartridge.

The saves cannot be transferred across cartridges,

and powersaves doesn't allow restoring of unencrypted saves.

Also, it is impossible to encrypt a save on a computer.

Also not possible to use a 3DS to encrypt a save, without the cartridge.

Basically, there is no way around injecting a different save using Powersaves.

• 2 years later...
On 5/10/2016 at 10:07 PM, theSLAYER said:

Powersaves backups are encrypted.

Powersaves can backup and restore encrypted of the same cartridge.

The saves cannot be transferred across cartridges,

and powersaves doesn't allow restoring of unencrypted saves.

Also, it is impossible to encrypt a save on a computer.

Also not possible to use a 3DS to encrypt a save, without the cartridge.

Basically, there is no way around injecting a different save using Powersaves.

Is it possible to inject a save from powersave into a different game cartridge using pkhex(For example, if I took a save from an old Pokemon OR game could I inject it into a new Pokemon OR cartridge)? If so then how?

Edited by Rogers03

1 hour ago, Rogers03 said:

Is it possible to inject a save from powersave into a different game cartridge using pkhex(For example, if I took a save from an old Pokemon OR game could I inject it into a new Pokemon OR cartridge)? If so then how?

No. Powersaves does not provide anything besides use of its own cheats.

If you want more control over your system, you have to use custom firmware and NOT powersaves.

• Like 1