PokeTweet for Android - Gen 1 2 3 Full Editor and Converter

Metropolis

Available through Google Play is a new SAV editing tool for generations 1 to 3.

Works using the codebase for the editor I released on this thread, which will been rebranded as PokeTweet Editor in light of the compatibility.

Download here

Playing Pokemon on your phone or PC but your friend is using a different emulator? Now you can connect with PokéTweet! Trading Pokemon across emulators is now as simple as sending a tweet.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald are all supported. PokéTweet features:

Auto-conversion of Pokemon across generations, e.g. Red to FireRed.

Upload Pokémon as tweets directly from emulator .SAV files.

Download any Pokemon found in your Twitter timeline, even your friends’ tweets.

One-click edit actions to level up your Pokemon, maximise their stats or make them shiny!

No need to worry about stats, IVs, EVs, Nature, Caught Data etc. All details are handled behind-the-scenes for easy organisation.

Inject downloaded or edited Pokemon directly into your .SAV file.

Passwords are exchangeable with PokéTweet PC and Mac edition for fine-tuned editing.

Bug reports, feature suggestions and general feedback is much appreciated.

Please note the tool may be too simple for the ProjectPokemon community, it has been developed for users who just want to play the game and transfer Pokemon across their saves without full-scale editing provided by PC based software such as Poketweet Editor.

PyNjYSo-Ge-O2YV4pBh5iDc_O89TiWlNYLuG9MqBlBD-rDqPcF0ME9rDzE0_sz9Aow=h900-rwWimjTdePbYIeTR59D6EA-_04ZHCNyNZUbMOAdKUFsnA-MmTKnvTNRgRLQwBGmhaOp24=h900-rwJAc83uy4kTW12neIGmS4sRbBC3TICNTS0byruOvx67jlLsvMIhXJRh2FLPTFvpKJwcc=h900-rw

Interesting use of Twitter, but what if I'm not a Twitter user? It would be neat if you built in support for Android's standard sharing and intents to send / receive data between users.

The app uses implicit intents internally for communication between the activities, so could hook something like that in easily.

Could you be more specific about what support for that you'd like?

If you're not a Twitter user, you can choose "Copy" from the game view menu, then the Pokemon appears on your Caught list. Then load in a different game, then click Update SAV and those Pokemon will be transferred to the new save.

Twitter was chosen as something novice users would be familiar with and easily networks. The real power would be seen if you had a few different friends running the app, then twitter's timeline would handle the different feeds seamlessly.

For advanced needs there's always the PC program. Sticking with Twitter to keep the app simple-to-use, same reasoning behind the minimal editing functionality.

And Twitter is so easy to sign up to, it's 5 mins to make an account, so easy even if you're only using the Twitter account for the app.

The app uses implicit intents internally for communication between the activities, so could hook something like that in easily.

Could you be more specific about what support for that you'd like?

What about email? Android Beam? Cloud hosting solutions such as Dropbox or Google Drive? If the app could not only send data that way, but offer to handle said data when you attempt to open it from whatever source, that would be great (assuming it doesn't already behave that way - I should probably mention I haven't had a chance yet to play with the app and see for myself what kind of functionality it has...).

On a related note, I'm not sure how successful you'd be porting this to iOS - but if you were able to, AirDrop and Continuity would fit very well in this app.

What about email? Android Beam? Cloud hosting solutions such as Dropbox or Google Drive? If the app could not only send data that way, but offer to handle said data when you attempt to open it from whatever source, that would be great (assuming it doesn't already behave that way - I should probably mention I haven't had a chance yet to play with the app and see for myself what kind of functionality it has...).

Android Beam is only supported by the very latest devices (Lollipop on) but considering it. Cloud hosting sounds like it would be too technical for the intended user. E-mail would mean much more config on user's part than user/password auth.

Bluetooth could work too. Not used these protocols before so interesting reading how Android uses them.

On a related note, I'm not sure how successful you'd be porting this to iOS - but if you were able to, AirDrop and Continuity would fit very well in this app.

I'm not porting to iOS because Apple are too strict in what they consider fair use of materials. I'd love to see something like this on iPhone but can't risk putting a lot of time into the design only for a removal. Happy to help anyone else with such a project though.

The Pokemon API I'm using (the domain code behind the Gen 1 to 3 editor) is Java, so I wouldn't be able to pull that in as easily.

Looking forward to your feedback when you get chance to run the app. In particular whether you are able to locate .SAV files easily. If the emulators store them in hidden files/folders that would complicate things.

Android Beam is only supported by the very latest devices (Lollipop on) but considering it.

It's actually supported by devices going as far back as Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), but it only appears as a share intent in Lollipop. In earlier versions of the OS, you need to make NFC contact (tap devices) to initiate sharing.

E-mail would mean much more config on user's part than user/password auth.

I think it's safe to say nearly everyone who has a smartphone has an email account set up on it.

I'll definitely try the app out later today and get back to you with some real feedback. :-P

• 3 weeks later...
It's actually supported by devices going as far back as Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), but it only appears as a share intent in Lollipop. In earlier versions of the OS, you need to make NFC contact (tap devices) to initiate sharing.

I think it's safe to say nearly everyone who has a smartphone has an email account set up on it.

I'll definitely try the app out later today and get back to you with some real feedback. :-P

Available now on Google Play: Version 1.1

• Full editing of IVs, EVs etc.
  • RNG for Generation 3 methods 1, 2, 4 and GC.
  • Offline Mode for users without Twitter.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...