Wurmple - Evolve to Dustox/Beautifly

Blassie098

Hello!

Just doing some genning and realised i cant decide what my Wurmple evolves to? As far as i know, it is determined by it's personality value, not gender or something.

Is there any way to change the form at the moment without this feature, even if it involves me genning a few and evolving them? :P

It would most likely be the encryption constant then... not sure if it was ever fully figured out and all that. Guess we need Kaphotics to tell more about that.

Hm, perhaps. I dont have my 3ds on me at the moment but once i have it, i'll reroll the encryption for a few, gen them, and evolve them to check it out :)

Prior to 6G, Wumble's evolution depends on the leftovers of the division by 10 of the 16 last digits of its PID. If it's 0-4, it will evolve to silcoon (and beautifly) ; if it's 5-9, it will evolve to cascoon (and dustox).

With 6G's hexa PIDs it might be the same, with the last 4 digits only. You can use windows built-in calculator to divide it by 10 and conclude on what's left.

(I cannot check it right now but I'll do it as sonn as I get back home)

Prior to 6G, Wumble's evolution depends on the leftovers of the division by 10 of the 16 last digits of its PID. If it's 0-4, it will evolve to silcoon (and beautifly) ; if it's 5-9, it will evolve to cascoon (and dustox).

With 6G's hexa PIDs it might be the same, with the last 4 digits only. You can use windows built-in calculator to divide it by 10 and conclude on what's left.

(I cannot check it right now but I'll do it as sonn as I get back home)

Not exactly sure if I understand that correctly, but taking the PID of the attached wurmple and converting it to a decimal value returns the value "2869963997". Dividing the last 4 digits, 3997, by 10 three times returns 3.997 so between 0 and 4 and therefore Beautifly. I shall test this momentarily....

Update: test ended in evolution to cascoon. Failed attempt I guess.

Wurmple - AB102CDD.pkx

Wurmple - AB102CDD.pkx

Not exactly sure if I understand that correctly, but taking the PID of the attached wurmple and converting it to a decimal value returns the value "2869963997". Dividing the last 4 digits, 3997, by 10 three times returns 3.997 so between 0 and 4 and therefore Beautifly. I shall test this momentarily....

Update: test ended in evolution to cascoon. Failed attempt I guess.

I'm sorry I don't know how to explain this properly in englich ^^"

What I was trying to say was : copy the last 4 digits of the PID, convert it to decimal and divide it by 10. But divide it like when you were a kid (with whole numbers only) : 10 x something + r (correct mathematical sign for this is %, if that makes more sense :S)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclidean_division

This "r" thing is now something between 0 and 9, and that should be what determine Wurmple's evolution.

Unfortunately I can't access internet with my 3DS right now, so I can't test it myself. It should be something similar though.

Ah ok. I did those steps and that results in the previous wurmple having a leftover of 5. I rerolled it and tested it, this one would have a leftover of 2. Going to inject it and test once more. Result will be in an edit.

Result: cascoon. I give up lol.

Ah ok. I did those steps and that results in the previous wurmple having a leftover of 5. I rerolled it and tested it, this one would have a leftover of 2. Going to inject it and test once more. Result will be in an edit.

Result: cascoon. I give up lol.

Too bad, that's all what I could figure out^^ I guess someone else has more clues than us :/

EDIT: I found more infos here, and in gen V wurmple evolution was based on the first half of its personality value instead of the last one. Also, it may be based on the encryption constant rather than the PID (like for spinda's spots).

Oh, and once you convert your 4 hexa digits in a decimal number, don't bother dividing by 10 : the remainder simply is the units digits ;)

Edited by supercarotte

Sorry for the double post, but I may be able to contribute to the topic.

I hatched a wurmple and cloned it into box1 in PKHex. For the first 3 columns I only rerolled PID while I rerolled EC only for the last 3 columns (slot 1 and slot 4 are identical, those are the original wurmple).

I made them all evolve in game into silcoon/cascoon and inserted it to box2. Results were shown in a excel file.

The archive which contains my pcdata.bin and xlsx file is here : MEGA Link (I uploaded the xlsx on my Google drive in case you don't have microsoft office)

(If you have trouble understanding excel formulas, for each "Prevision" Column I took the first/latter half of either EC or PID(LEFT/RIGHT), converted it to a decimal number (HEXDEC), calculated the remaining from its division by ten (MOD), then had Silcoon/Cascoon printed depending of the remaining value for each cell (IF). Then, in a separate cell, I had "OK" printed if the cell value matched the real evolution (O2 column) or "ERROR" if it didn't)

My conclusion is that wurmple's evolution is based on the 4 first digits of the encryption constant : once converted to a decimal number, wurmple will evolve to silcoon if the unit digit is 0-4 or to cascoon if it's 5-9. It is not based on PID (the game doesn't even refresh the pokemon preview when encryption constants are the same), nor is it based on the EC latter half.

Sorry for the double post, but I may be able to contribute to the topic.

I hatched a wurmple and cloned it into box1 in PKHex. For the first 3 columns I only rerolled PID while I rerolled EC only for the last 3 columns (slot 1 and slot 4 are identical, those are the original wurmple).

I made them all evolve in game into silcoon/cascoon and inserted it to box2. Results were shown in a excel file.

The archive which contains my pcdata.bin and xlsx file is here : MEGA Link (I uploaded the xlsx on my Google drive in case you don't have microsoft office)

(If you have trouble understanding excel formulas, for each "Prevision" Column I took the first/latter half of either EC or PID(LEFT/RIGHT), converted it to a decimal number (HEXDEC), calculated the remaining from its division by ten (MOD), then had Silcoon/Cascoon printed depending of the remaining value for each cell (IF). Then, in a separate cell, I had "OK" printed if the cell value matched the real evolution (O2 column) or "ERROR" if it didn't)

My conclusion is that wurmple's evolution is based on the 4 first digits of the encryption constant : once converted to a decimal number, wurmple will evolve to silcoon if the unit digit is 0-4 or to cascoon if it's 5-9. It is not based on PID (the game doesn't even refresh the pokemon preview when encryption constants are the same), nor is it based on the EC latter half.

Thanks for your help :) I was hoping there would be a way to set it because i ws hoping to release a shiny dex that people could use the mass editor and get their own OT, etc

If they also rerolled the encryptions the wurmple's forms could possibly be changed. Now i will just add a warning or something :)

• 1 year later...