Can someone let me know if this is possible?

Krizik

Being stupid, I updated my 3DS so I am no longer able to Pokegen the easy way. Having to use powersaves, I noticed that I can load a save for my game that I backed up ages ago. ( It had a bunch of old pokemon and I was only on the 3rd badge xD) Now being curious I noticed that I can look the save up on my computer and drag it onto Powersaves and it shows up as a back-up save that I can use. So is it possible if a person with a save file that has tons of competetive pokemon gave the file to me for me to use it as well? I pretty sure you could. Has anyone tested this? What was the result? I'm assuming it worked.

• 1 month later...
Save files are encrypted and each save will only work for its partnered game since the start of the game. So getting a save file from a diff person will not work with powersaves.

Well could you then take the save over to Pkhex edit it and then do the back up? Would that put the file in a different format if edited in Pkhex first? I have a Ramsav and from outta no where 2 of my 2ds' got updated........ Idk what I'm going to do know.