Question Regarding Game Updates and PKHex

Pokefnn

So we know that as of system update 9.5.0-23 the PCEdit/QR Injection/RAM2Sav methods no longer work. I'm glad I checked online to see if they would still work before deciding whether to update. I don't think I'll ever update my system again unless there's a new exploit. However, I'm wondering if this problem applies to game updates as well? If i get prompted to update XY or ORAS and do so, could that potentially affect my ability to use PCEdit/QR Injection/RAM2Sav?

Ah, that sucks. I guess I won't be able to play online once the new game patches come out then. I might need to just sell my 3ds xl and buy a new one along with a gateway so i can use emunand. What a pain....just when end uses got access to PKHex.

Hold on, just thought of something. If in the future i update my ORAS game cartridge on a friend's 3ds that is updated to the latest system firmware, and then use that cartridge on my 3ds which i will not update so i can continue using browser exploits, i should be able to continue using PKHex through the browser exploit and have online in game functionality forever right?

Hold on, just thought of something. If in the future i update my ORAS game cartridge on a friend's 3ds that is updated to the latest system firmware, and then use that cartridge on my 3ds which i will not update so i can continue using browser exploits, i should be able to continue using PKHex through the browser exploit and have online in game functionality forever right?

Updates are stored on the SD card, not the cartridge. And putting your SD card in a friend's 3DS won't help you as the 3DS will ask you to format it before using it.