ATTENTION: Web Injection Patched in 9.5.0-23 (March 2nd) System Update

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS! POKÉMON OR/AS UPDATE VERSION 1.3

Is this a good bye for PKHeX? :(

No, it just means less people will have access to web injections, and you'll have to choose between online playing and web injections.

People with 2 3DS or access to cybergadget will still be able to do both though.

No, it just means less people will have access to web injections, and you'll have to choose between online playing and web injections.

People with 2 3DS or access to cybergadget will still be able to do both though.

Pstt eZ, I prefer to use the web injection than online.

Hello - I just purchased a new3DS and haven't transferred the data over from my old 3DS yet. The transfer apparently requires both systems to update before it can be carried out. Will I still be able to use my old 3DS for pkhex (QR inj method) once it is formatted/after the transfer is complete?

Sorry for the idiotic question, but I thought I'd check.

Hello - I just purchased a new3DS and haven't transferred the data over from my old 3DS yet. The transfer apparently requires both systems to update before it can be carried out. Will I still be able to use my old 3DS for pkhex (QR inj method) once it is formatted/after the transfer is complete?

Sorry for the idiotic question, but I thought I'd check.

No, as the update to 9.6.0-24 stops the web browser exploit from working.

I thought so...thanks for replying. Is there a way to work around the problem? For example, saving the current SD data onto my laptop...racking my brains haha.

Sadly, I don't think so. I do know a transfer to N3DS gives the option to use a pc / laptop is "mid stop" so to say, but I would think it checks the firmware before that. I did my system transfer before the release of 9.5.0-23 however, so I can't sure for sure.

Darn it; I only just bought Pokemon Y and OR a few weeks ago, having only just back into the series after getting a bit bored with Gen V. I was hoping to be able to use PKHeX to inject the Mega Stone Torchic Wondercard into my save and then put it back on the cartridge before proceeding with my game, but after a lot of reading about the 3DS scene it seems the options to do so are ridiculously limited compared to the DS/DSi days. My trusty NDS Adapter Plus and similar devices, so useful a few years ago, are completely useless now. I hope access to the 3DS system evolves over time to eventually give us more control over stuff like dumping and restoring saves.

Anyway, since it's only been 33 days since the 9.5.0-23 firmware was released, would it be a fairly save assumption that the 3DS XL units being sold in stores right now are still loaded with a firmware compatible with the Ram2sav trick?

Anyway, since it's only been 33 days since the 9.5.0-23 firmware was released, would it be a fairly save assumption that the 3DS XL units being sold in stores right now are still loaded with a firmware compatible with the Ram2sav trick?

Depends on when they were shipped. You can ask your game retailer on when he received the consoles if he's a nice guy. This exploit was patched through the march 2nd update (9.5.0-23) so consoles shipped before that should be ok, though it may not be a 100% chance if the console was shipped slightly before/after that date...

If PKHeX work with Powersaves this probably will be the best thing

PKHeX worked with Powersaves for about 48 hours, what must have been over just a year ago now. The method wasn't publicly released, but Datel sussed it out and patched it. It's all done server-side so Datel could easily just allow the hardware to be used with PKHeX if they wanted to, and maybe in the current climate where Powersaves isn't all that, that would be a better money spinner for them.

Fair point Timeboy. Sadly only SciresM and surely some people close to him - I'm looking at you Kaphotics and Bond697 - were the only 2 who actually knew how at the time.

I remember it like the day of yesterday lol. SciresM first commented on X&Y Save R&D how to partially decrypt and read the game, then later some screens saying fully decrypted but only after it got patched the method how.

We basically just (intelligently) brute forced the save file to get all the hashes, as data outside of the savegame is constant or guessable.

The only thing that couldn't be done was regenerate the AESMAC to be valid (because that required a 3DS to be seeded with the right keyslot data and crypto commands) which is what Powersaves' server did for us. At the time they only checked the computer generatable hashes but not the 3DS hash; now they check the 3DS hash to ensure that it hasn't been smartly modified.