ATTENTION: Web Injection Patched in 9.5.0-23 (March 2nd) System Update

Whew, I just updated to 9.5.0.22 a couple days ago. Barely dodged a bullet.

I missed it by hours! I was bored and wanted to download some demos, so I had to update. I never update unless I need to, and saw the latest firmware was safe so went ahead. About this time 24 hours ago. Lucky!

X Y sequels are technically ORAS imo. I'm anxious to know what GameFreak's next step will be, but I doubt it's going to be a kalos revisit (be that in a "Z" version or "X2 Y2" versions)

Off topic, but why would you think that? All the signs are there - a weak third member of a trio just plonked in a cave with no backstory, with unreleased moves that clearly belong to it (the two Kyurem fused form moves were in B/W). We don't know what form the next game(s) will take, but we're getting a Zygarde-focussed game, no doubt about it. For some reason it's the in thing to deny a Zygarde/Kalos game at the moment, I'm seeing it everywhere. I don't get it. I think people are overthinking after they went and surprised everyone by making BW2. It might not have been Pokémon Grey, but it was a second story in the same region with the third member of the trio, as is tradition.

So will there be a thing that won't use web injections?

Something that Nintendo can't get a hold of that early in time when they release it in about a week?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. "Get hold of" what? What's being released in "about a week"?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is 9.5.022 and it not work. D:

Question 1:

New 3ds?

If yes: give up. Won't work

If no: continue to question 2

Question 2:

Cleared browser history & cookies?

If yes: then you're doing something else wrong. Read the instructions

If no: then do that and read the instructions as they tell you to do do.

Is there any other ways we can use PkHeX or any others gens that will work at the moment

You can still use PKHex, but unless you didn't update your 3DS firmware or you have a japanese 3DS, a japanese game and a cybergadget, there is nothing you can do at the moment to inject pokemons to your cratridge.

-Updates 3DS Without knowing- Oh... Why did I just do that ;-; /crai >:/ I hope there's way do downgrade. Doubt that tho :c

Nope, no way to downgrade at the moment.

Is it possible to make a system transfer without forcing the update between systems?

I have a XL and a 2DS: I would leave my 2DS un-updated, since XL is my main, but all my Theatrhythm DLC is on my 2DS, I prefer that game on a flat console. I'd transfer my 2DS into the XL if I could (so 2DS is left there and XL stays my main), but does that force me to update the system?

It works only for 9.0 to 9.5-22 firmwares. If 9.5-23 isn't out in your area, then you can update to 9.5-22 normally. I don't know if there are other ways to upgrade your 3DS than through the official update process :S

This exploit allows RAM modifications only. In pokemon for example, you need to save if you want your modifications to be permanent. Else they disappear when you quit the game.

3DS firmware update needs you to reboot so I don't think it would be possible for now.

If someone finds how to do that though, it will probably be spread ;)

Hum, is that so? When you use PCedit, you execute something that writes in your 3ds's sd card, and game updates are stored in the sd card, so I don't think it's that different (sure, writting your ram into your sd card is different than writting something that's stored online into the card, but I think it's doable).

Is it possible to make a system transfer without forcing the update between systems?

I have a XL and a 2DS: I would leave my 2DS un-updated, since XL is my main, but all my Theatrhythm DLC is on my 2DS, I prefer that game on a flat console. I'd transfer my 2DS into the XL if I could (so 2DS is left there and XL stays my main), but does that force me to update the system?

I think it actually forces you to update when doing a system transfer :\

If the Theatrhythm is a card game (I never heard the name before) then you can just get the DLC on the XL as well.

Do you need to update for Theatrhythm though?

I think it actually forces you to update when doing a system transfer :\

If the Theatrhythm is a card game (I never heard the name before) then you can just get the DLC on the XL as well.

Do you need to update for Theatrhythm though?

Hey Favna, thanks for the answer.

It is a physical cartdrigde, yes. However, as far as I know, the purchase is associated with the console it's made from (my 2DS is NNID-less, though), so if I try to get them from my XL, it will not be considered purchased so I can't redownload.

If I could, I could simply go putting my game into people's 3DS's and download it for their console. But I shall confirm.

And yes, update is required, for despite its own interface, it access the eshop system for credits and funds and such. =/

Oh right ofc. My mistake. Yes the DLC is associated with the NNID. Though... is it not possible to unlink a console from an NNID? If it is you could unlink both the re-link the one XL to the NNID that has the DLC's and the 2DS to a new one / the other one.

Edited by Favna
typo

Oh right ofc. My mistake. Yes the DLC is associated with the NNID. Though... is it not possible to unlink a console from an NNID? If it is you could unlink both the re-link the one XL to the NNID that has the DLC's and the 2DS to a new one / the other one.

I'm not too sure on that. If I could do that without a system update, I'd then be able to re-download the DLCs in my XL.

Argh, tough call. All because I opted to main Theatrhythm on my 2DS, while still keeping my XL my main console. Brazil's gaming marketing for Nintendo is a mess, and I want to buy Majora's Mask digital, but that requires update, and TFFCC DLC requires it as well. I can't seem to keep a console un-updated for ram2sav usage. I always breed my 'mons, I'd mainly use this to restore my Maison streak after unfair loses and to get rid of eggs aplenty: heck, I have all possible 'mons in Kurt Balls, obtained from my HG. It's so hard to let go of enormous convenience, once you get used to it. =/

Question 1:

New 3ds?

If yes: give up. Won't work

If no: continue to question 2

Question 2:

Cleared browser history & cookies?

If yes: then you're doing something else wrong. Read the instructions

If no: then do that and read the instructions as they tell you to do do.

Nope,I worked until some days ago. I've tryed to delete history & cookies,updating pkhex and deleting the code and .ekx file from my 3ds but it's still not working.

Nope,I worked until some days ago. I've tryed to delete history & cookies,updating pkhex and deleting the code and .ekx file from my 3ds but it's still not working.

Try this; this usually works for me. Turn off Wireless Comunications before you enter the Web Browser, go into the Web Browser, enter website (or select bookmark), & immediately turn on wireless communications.

A quick note: if you've accidentally downloaded the update via spotpass, and it nags you to update every 24 hours or so, you can boot your system in recovery mode. To do so,

1) Make sure the system is off.

2) Turn it on. (DO NOT WAIT FOR THE HOME SCREEN TO SHOW UP)

3) Immediately hold down the shoulder buttons (L and R), the Up button on the d-pad, and the A button. You don't need to hold it for more than a second or two - the system will not proceed until you let them go.

4) A screen should show up asking you to update via the internet. Select "cancel."

5) The system will turn off.

And just like that, no more update nag!

As for the patch, I'm surprised it didn't get pushed out sooner. As soon as the QR code stuff hit Kotaku, you *knew* that the countdown had started, assuming it hadn't already.

Just a question: Do i need to do this everytime or is it permanent? I don't want to never ever ever ever update my console!

Just a question: Do i need to do this everytime or is it permanent? I don't want to never ever ever ever update my console!

Once you do it, the pop-up disapears until the update is downloaded again. To avoid that, do not let your 3DS in sleep mode with wireless enabled.