General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

17 minutes ago, MASTERPeace said:

Some guy said to me that Shiny Tapu series (PGL) have a fixed PID. Is this true? and Is there anything that has fixed PID at Gen 5 ~ Gen 7 event pokemon?

Don't take this the wrong way, but do understand that I'm not gonna sit here and list every event that has fixed PID. You're gonna just have to take the event file you're interested in and load it in PKHeX, or load up the event gallery page we have here.

For example, this is the PGL shiny koko
image.png

Notice how it doesn't say fixed PID.

And any fixed PID would be listed there:
image.png

(Do note for Ash-Greninja's case, it can have any non-shiny PID, but once the wonder card is generated by the Demo, that wonder card's PID is locked. I'm using this image as an example of how I have it handled in the format :D )

We run the wonder cards through a program that would generate a HTML that our site can use. And the program checks whether the PID for that event is static or dynamic. So if there's a picture-esque summary, the PID data has been checked.

Here are some other examples from other generations:

Spoiler

Gen 4
image.png

Gen 5
image.png

Gen 6
image.png

Gen 8
image.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but do understand that I'm not gonna sit here and list every event that has fixed PID. You're gonna just have to take the event file you're interested in and load it in PKHeX, or load up the event gallery page we have here.

For example, this is the PGL shiny koko
image.png

Notice how it doesn't say fixed PID.

And any fixed PID would be listed there:
image.png

(Do note for Ash-Greninja's case, it can have any non-shiny PID, but once the wonder card is generated by the Demo, that wonder card's PID is locked. I'm using this image as an example of how I have it handled in the format :D )

Thank you for your detailed clarification. I wish you have a good day :)

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

해당 글을 약간 수정했으니 확인 부탁드립니다. 암튼 님도 좋은 하루 보내세요

Please forgive my poor english capability :( 

So you mean Tapu series, Metagross and Tyranitar don't have a fixed PID, and ash-greninja, eevee and Zamazenta have a fixed PID. right?

And please answer my one more question.

At event gallery, it was said that the PID of shny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have a random PID. (BW, BW2)

But when I reroll their PID with PKHEX, it says that the PID was mismatched.

I rerolled PID with other shiny event pokemon at BW2, but the result was same.

Is this a bug of PKHEX?

1 minute ago, MASTERPeace said:

Please forgive my poor english capability :( 

So you mean Tapu series, Metagross and Tyranitar don't have a fixed PID, and ash-greninja, eevee and Zamazenta have a fixed PID. right?

And please answer my one more question.

At event gallery, it was said that the PID of shny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have a random PID. (BW, BW2)

But when I reroll their PID with PKHEX, it says that the PID was mismatched.

I rerolled PID with other shiny event pokemon at BW2, but the result was same.

Is this a bug of PKHEX?

Whether there's fixed PID depends on what the image says.
Yeah in this case, the shown Tapu, Metagross, Tyranitar, doesn't have fixed PID.
And the shown Eevee, Ash-Greninja card, Zamazenta, has fixed PID.

As for rerolling the PID with PKHeX, that isn't a good idea.
Some stuff have generation algorithms, so you can't just randomly reroll.
It might be better to just drag the wonder card into the left side of PKHeX again, and observe if the PID changes.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:19 PM, theSLAYER said:

For Pokémon games on the Switch, the wonder card isn’t stored in the save. The best you could do is inject the item + enable the event flags. I’ve not seen reports of bans from simple injects. The bans almost always trickle in from the CFW side of things, and it being related to piracy or having “impossible” things on your Switch.

For the sake of clarity, I’ll reiterate and elaborate my point. Unlike previous generations, you cannot inject the wonder card to receive the item in-game. The way the games on the Switch work, is that they auto redeem it for you. There is a “wonder card record”, but all it does is record the wonder cards that you’ve received. Doesn’t allow you to receive in-game. Given how it doesn’t do much, I don’t think an editor for that exists at this time 

Sorry, again me.

I managed to extract my bcat and found my own member card ( in the 99 folder, then files folder, and it got same hash as the one in event gallery on ppokemon's github).

I assume the .meta files are for the received hours/date that are shown on the screen, correct ?

How would I go to make the Oak's letter (and all the others mystery gift) appear in it with a correct hour/date?

Is this what you meant by there is no editor yet for that?

5 hours ago, Asia81 said:

Sorry, again me.

I managed to extract my bcat and found my own member card ( in the 99 folder, then files folder, and it got same hash as the one in event gallery on ppokemon's github).

I assume the .meta files are for the received hours/date that are shown on the screen, correct ?

Hey no need to be sorry.

Nah, the received hours/date is stored in the save. Only a record of receiving the gift is stored in the save.
Changing that record won't make it redeemable in-game tho.

Also, nah, if I'm not mistaken the meta is merely information the BCAT uses, and we won't need it for anything.

How would I go to make the Oak's letter (and all the others mystery gift) appear in it with a correct hour/date?

Well, just to be clear, if you wanna modify the records, it's gonna be save editing. While PKHeX can view the date/time under their block editor, I don't think you can edit them just yet. (there's no plugin to edit them right now as well)

I would say any date/time is likely fine, since it follow's Switch's date/time, not server's date/time.

Is this what you meant by there is no editor yet for that?

I'm under the impression you're referring to meta editing, and no, that's not what I'm referring to.
The 'record' that effectively shows that you've performed the act of receiving the gift, is stored in the save.

Like if you go view the Mystery Gift album now, you should see a few entries (if you've received gifts before)

But it's just a record, nothing else. There's no editor for that yet.