General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

Yup, as per any other 3DS event, it's all about 3DS region. Japanese serial codes have typically been locked to Japan 3DS only.

Luma CFW allow for region redirection, and ICanSnake explained that emunand can have it's region changed.

I've got a write-up regarding regional events for 3DS:

edit:

1 minute ago, Parkai said:

Aww, that's a shame, my 3DS is NA. Is there a place on this forum to request someone with a Japan region 3DS to redeem the event for me and trade it to me?

You probably should just hold the code for trading or selling or something,
and get someone to trade the event redeemed from a wonder card to you.

(We'll have the wonder card uploaded when the event begins)

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You probably should just hold the code for trading or selling or something,
and get someone to trade the event redeemed from a wonder card to you.

(We'll have the wonder card uploaded when the event begins)

Is there a specific board I should request the trade from, or just reply to the wonder card upload thread? (thanks so much, you've been so helpful!)

Let me know if we need a wc7full for Necrozama when it releases in a few days. I can dump it, but I'm assuming I'll need to update my firmware in order to redeem it (because my JPN CFW 3ds is on 11.6.0-39J lol) Otherwise, I'll just redeem it on my normal JPN 3ds. 

Edited by Brittany
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

5 minutes ago, Brittany said:

Let me know if we need a wc7full for Necrozama when it releases in a few days. I can dump it, but I'm assuming I'll need to update my firmware in order to redeem it (because my JPN CFW 3ds is on 11.6.0-39J lol) Otherwise, I'll just redeem it on my normal JPN 3ds. 

I presently have the testing version that was uploaded to the servers a while back.

I'll upload the final ones when they're up.
(I'll also upload the testing ver. if it ends up being different from the final)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, stringDTD said:

I am new to this and I'm not sure how much I can help. On my save file, I have all clothing from serial code, will it be worth uploading here?

If you don't mind, you may upload the saves.
I'm sure there's some that rather use save files as opposed to cheats to unlock them.

However, keep in mind that:
1. Wonder cards aren't stored in saves (to they can't be extracted)
2. PKHeX presently doesn't support wonder records (can't be extracted) nor clothing options (can't press a button to unlock em)

• 1 year later...

When you receive an event in Pokémon D / P / Pt, in the data of the received Pokémon, it always says that the original game is diamond? For example Regigigas, Arceus or Pichu shiny (taken from the Spanish WCs, to inject them into my Platinum sav), I have received them in my Platinum game and when checking their data with PkHex, the original game was Diamond.

Edited by XiánVV
Idk.

2 minutes ago, XiánVV said:

When you receive an event in Pokémon D / P / Pt, in the data of the received Pokémon, it always says that the original game is diamond? For example Regigigas, Arceus or Pichu shiny (taken from the Spanish WCs, to inject them into my Platinum sav), I have received them in my Platinum game and when checking their data with PkHex, the original game was Diamond.

A lot of the gen 3 and gen 4 events have predetermined received game. So it's not based on the receiving game.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have something to ask you in Events Gallery off pokemon center New York. I have some helps.
I'm Japanese so I use translation. I'm sorry if it's hard to read. 

First, are they originally legal Pokemon? (Not hack pokemons?)

I couldn't confirm it.

Edited by esora_goto

• 5 months later...

Hello,I got a jpn  mystery gift which was on jpn language  2016.3.8  at pokemon x kor ver.

The people that I traded gave me the wondercard(proof)which the date is 2016.3.7

I didnt realize the date mismatch for a while...

And I tried to contact that person again, and looks like he is not replying me for a 3 months..

So,if a I get a wondercard 2016.3.7,the met date should be same as a wondercard recieved date as I know...

Or am I wrong?

Edited by ArceusGOAT

1 minute ago, ArceusGOAT said:

Hello,I got a jpn  mystery gift which was on jpn language  2016.3.8  at pokemon x kor ver.

The people that I traded gave me the wondercard(proof)which the date is 2016.3.7

I didnt realize the date mismatch for a while...

And I tried to contact that person again, and looks like he is not replying me for a 3 months..

So,if a I get a wondercard 2016.3.7,the met date should be same as a wondercard recieved date as I know...

Or am I wrong?

Given you're not posting an actual contribution, but rather a question, I've merged your thread into our FAQ page.

What generation is this event for? If I'm not mistaken, the date on the mon matching the date on the wonder card only applies to Gen 6.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Given you're not posting an actual contribution, but rather a question, I've merged your thread into our FAQ page.

What generation is this event for? If I'm not mistaken, the date on the mon matching the date on the wonder card only applies to Gen 6.

I got shiny arceus event, gen4 event date matches the wondercard date as I know.

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Shiny Arceus isn't a Gen 4 event. I'm guessing you got the Gen 6 one.
In that case, yeah date had to match wonder card.

Yeah,I got gen 6 shiny arceus with wondercard picture proof.Wondercard date is 2016.3.7 and my one is 2016.3.8

4 minutes ago, ArceusGOAT said:

Yeah,I got gen 6 shiny arceus with wondercard picture proof.Wondercard date is 2016.3.7 and my one is 2016.3.8

Yeah so it's likely not correct then. I can inject a wonder card later to test.

Also, relating to your previous assertion about Gen 4 events, you are wrong. I literally just tested it. I injected a wonder card, then received it in game.

image.pngimage.png

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah so it's not correct then.

Also, relating to your previous assertion about Gen 4 events, you are wrong. I literally just tested it. I injected a wonder card, then received it in game.

image.pngimage.png

I'm sorry.Can you test the gen6 also plz?

Just now, ArceusGOAT said:

I'm sorry.Can you test the gen6 also plz?

I'm guessing you missed my edit. I can test it later.
But from memory, it applied to Gen 6, so...

Anyhow, unless the seller is known for having multiple carts to receive events, provide proof of the movie tickets etc, it is likely fake.

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm guessing you missed my edit. I can test it later.
But from memory, it applied to Gen 6, so...

Anyhow, unless the seller is known for having multiple carts to receive events, provide proof of the movie tickets etc, it is likely fake.

Thank you so much for answering me.Sorry for my bad English since eng is not my main language..

• 7 months later...

Hello, I just bought Pokemon Diamond, so I missed the Oak's Letter event that ended 2 days ago.

Is there reports of banned switch for injecting wonder card files with PKHeX 🤔?

Same question apply to edited pokemon that are legal according to PKHeX.

I want to inject the Oak's Letter and Platinum Outfits wonder cards to "look legit" as if I got it the legit way, and not just give myself the item directly in the bag.

Edited by Asia81

33 minutes ago, Asia81 said:

Hello, I just bought Pokemon Diamond, so I missed the Oak's Letter event that ended 2 days ago.

Is there reports of banned switch for injecting wonder card files with PKHeX 🤔?

Same question apply to edited pokemon that are legal according to PKHeX.

For Pokémon games on the Switch, the wonder card isn’t stored in the save. The best you could do is inject the item + enable the event flags. I’ve not seen reports of bans from simple injects. The bans almost always trickle in from the CFW side of things, and it being related to piracy or having “impossible” things on your Switch.

33 minutes ago, Asia81 said:

I want to inject the Oak's Letter and Platinum Outfits wonder cards to "look legit" as if I got it the legit way, and not just give myself the item directly in the bag.

For the sake of clarity, I’ll reiterate and elaborate my point. Unlike previous generations, you cannot inject the wonder card to receive the item in-game. The way the games on the Switch work, is that they auto redeem it for you. There is a “wonder card record”, but all it does is record the wonder cards that you’ve received. Doesn’t allow you to receive in-game. Given how it doesn’t do much, I don’t think an editor for that exists at this time