General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

49 minutes ago, ArtemiSerebii said:

I feel like a total dingus but I can't find the VC Crystal Celebi distribution--what is it listed under?

Since this is more of a help than event contribution, please post future FAQ it in the correct thread.
(for the record, I've already shifted this post)

VC Crystal Celebi is an in-game event, so it should be under In-Game Series.

Here:

• 1 month later...

i want to contribute my gamestop lugia,zeraora,and shiny poipole.  i took pictures and wrote my name down on paper next to redemption cards but i want to know how to export the mons from pkhex as WC7 File? all it does is just save pkm as pk7 file

56 minutes ago, zeus408 said:

i want to contribute my gamestop lugia,zeraora,and shiny poipole.  i took pictures and wrote my name down on paper next to redemption cards but i want to know how to export the mons from pkhex as WC7 File? all it does is just save pkm as pk7 file

Hi, we already have those mons in wc7full on our events gallery.

For future reference, to extract wc7, it similar to this guide, but rather than Import, Export.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm confused about a few things :

1 . To redeem most ( if not all )  of these events , you need to have a stable internet connection in other words you have to go online

2. We need a hacked  switch with Custom Firmware in order to extract the saves/PB7 

3. Going online with a hacked switch will get you instantly banned .

So how is it possible to extract saves without getting banned ? ( unless i'm missing something obvious )

The way i see it is that , you need to have a non hacked switch to redeem the event , trade it to a modded switch and then you can safely extract the PB7 file 🙄

Edited by Hello, it's me!

Hey @Hello, it's me!

I wanted to answer you point by point, by it looks like this is the main focus:

17 minutes ago, Hello, it's me! said:

So how is it possible to extract saves without getting banned ? ( unless i'm missing something obvious )

I'm not telling other people to risk it, but I went online (once) to obtain Mew, and my switch isn't banned (yet).
Potentially, it could be because I don't pirate games, and didn't do any insane modifications to it.
(all I really do is dump and restore saves via checkpoint.)

There are probably other folks that risk it as well. I'm calling out to them too.

17 minutes ago, Hello, it's me! said:

The way i see it is that , you need to have a non hacked switch to redeem the event , trade it to a modded switch and then you can safely extract the PB7 file 🙄

Yes, that is one way to do it, and we'll greatly appreciate having the pb7.
Additionally, as said in the previous point, there are likely some users that risk it.

While the save doesn't hold the wonder card, it does hold some details (leftover wonder card text) used for album/display purposes.
I'm currently researching that, but having only one Mew card to go by isn't enough; I need different kind of cards.
(some examples are this and this tweet)

In any case, if and when CFWs do get RAM dumps, that will be one way to definitely get wonder cards,
if anyone is willing to commit to it.

edit: Also, this is a contribution thread.
If you wanna ask any more questions, go to our FAQ thread. :)

19 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hey @Hello, it's me!

I wanted to answer you point by point, by it looks like this is the main focus:

I'm not telling other people to risk it, but I went online (once) to obtain Mew, and my switch isn't banned (yet).
Potentially, it could be because I don't pirate games, and didn't do any insane modifications to it.
(all I really do is dump and restore saves via checkpoint.)

There are probably other folks that risk it as well. I'm calling out to them too.

Yes, that is one way to do it, and we'll greatly appreciate having the pb7.
Additionally, as said in the previous point, there are likely some users that risk it.

While the save doesn't hold the wonder card, it does hold some details (leftover wonder card text) used for album/display purposes.
I'm currently researching that, but having only one Mew card to go by isn't enough; I need different kind of cards.
(some examples are this and this tweet)

In any case, if and when CFWs do get RAM dumps, that will be one way to definitely get wonder cards,
if anyone is willing to commit to it.

ah thanks for clearing that up and apologies for asking in the wrong thread

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Pokefan150 said:

how do I install this?

I moved the line of questioning to our FAQ thread. :)

Now:
1. You'll need CFW/homebrew on your 3DS  (guide, at your own risk)
2. Learn how to extract and import saves on your 3DS (our guide)
3. Learn how to import wonder cards (our guide)

If you're unable to do any of the steps above, go back to waiting for a trade.
I know you've already posted a trade request, so no need to post another one nor bump the old one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Knoxyz said:

Does someone here has an Event Arceus with those Dialga,Palkia and Giratina special attacks?

For XY/ORAS

Idc if it's illegal, just needs to be tradable.

Ty

Is this a trade request, or asking if we have the events uploaded?

If the wondercard (notice no 's', as I think mew is the only one so far) is not stored in the save file, do we have any idea where it is stored?

Is it presumed that its in memory only?

I have noticed that when you get the mystery gift the Pokemon immediately gets added to your dex and your box. There is no collecting the Pokemon from delivery man or anything in this game, so there may be a problem injecting mystery gift files even if we did find a way to dump them.

I hope there will be a way to get Mystery-gifts dumped and injected in Sword and Shield. Firstly, as I want the dual bundle bonus, but found it way cheaper to buy desperately through amazon with 10$ credit for each.

But I digress. If the card is inject-able somehow I would like to know?

2 hours ago, quantumsource said:

If the wondercard (notice no 's', as I think mew is the only one so far) is not stored in the save file, do we have any idea where it is stored?

The wonder cards (notice: there's an 's') ALL not stored on the Switch. We have an event page, you can view them all there.

They're not inject-able. This also isn't a question thread. I literally posted this above your post, and the guy above you acknowledged it.
edit: Shifted this line of conversation to FAQ thread

On 1/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, theSLAYER said:

There is however, this thing called "Wonder Card Records", which records some data from the wonder card.

That does contain some data, but as you mentioned, there is no deliveryman in the games, so even if you inject that, it won't allow you to receive an event.
It's merely for us to cross check and confirm details of an event.

Though, we presently have a way to obtain wonder cards from the system, and PKHeX can convert them to a file to a PB7 and inject them straight into your box.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:16 AM, theSLAYER said:

Amazon JP does have Sword & Shield that comes with the Secret Club code (that is sent after a few days), however purchasing it via there may require a Japanese mailing address.
(And, digital copies orders cannot be cancelled)

I purchased this package yesterday in order to redeem the Golden Backpack code without buying the Double Pack. Now that the Shiny Necrozma event is being sent via the Secret Club (which my code for should be arriving soon), would I be able to redeem this event on my US/English Ultra Sun digital copy?

8 minutes ago, Parkai said:

I purchased this package yesterday in order to redeem the Golden Backpack code without buying the Double Pack. Now that the Shiny Necrozma event is being sent via the Secret Club (which my code for should be arriving soon), would I be able to redeem this event on my US/English Ultra Sun digital copy?

As long as you have a Japan region 3DS, whether it's stock or you changed your emuNAND region to display Japan, you will be able to redeem the Necrozma code. It won't work on NA/PAL/TW/KOR region 3DS.

• Thanks 1