General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

Just now, Holla! said:

Like I figured. lol Good to know in case anyone wonders. :)

Additionally,
I've tested a random bunch of PCNY Pokemon with Event Moves.

Only Double-Edge Cyndaquil passed, and it's likely because Double-Edge is part of it's level up moveset since Gen IV.

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Additionally,
I've tested a random bunch of PCNY Pokemon with Event Moves.

Only Double-Edge Cyndaquil passed, and it's likely because Double-Edge is part of it's level up moveset since Gen IV.

Same case also applies to Amnesia Psyduck from Stadium. :P

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't know if this is the right section to ask this. I'm thinking to buy Ultra Sun. My 3ds is still not update (I can still inject a whole box using the browser method, so it has a v9.4 firmware or something like that). What is the minimum version required for the european version of Ultra Sun? Is there a way to inject things without hacking the whole console?

3 hours ago, sawada91 said:

Sorry, I don't know if this is the right section to ask this. I'm thinking to buy Ultra Sun. My 3ds is still not update (I can still inject a whole box using the browser method, so it has a v9.4 firmware or something like that). What is the minimum version required for the european version of Ultra Sun? Is there a way to inject things without hacking the whole console?

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon requires firmware Version 11.4
Without Custom Firmware (what I assume you call hacking the whole console), you won't be able to properly play the game (without some kind of bypass) nor use all of the online features.

Strongly recommended getting custom firmware (we are not liable in the unlikely event that your 3DS becomes as useful as a brick).
There is a simple guide you can follow, and it splits it's steps depending on the firmware you are on.

Properly read through all the steps and disclaimers on the site, before progressing. Good luck.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon requires firmware Version 11.4
Without Custom Firmware (what I assume you call hacking the whole console), you won't be able to properly play the game (without some kind of bypass) nor use all of the online features.

Strongly recommended getting custom firmware (we are not liable in the unlikely event that your 3DS becomes as useful as a brick).
There is a simple guide you can follow, and it splits it's steps depending on the firmware you are on.

Properly read through all the steps and disclaimers on the site, before progressing. Good luck.

My idea was to update the 3ds firmware to v 11.4 through the game. Are there any flaw (like the browser one in my 9.4) in that version? In my case, most of the features of a custom firmware would be useless to me (I don't need to pirate games, to use hack roms, backup savegames, homebrew, etc). I just need something to inject pokemon in the game.

6 minutes ago, sawada91 said:

My idea was to update the 3ds firmware to v 11.4 through the game. Are there any flaw (like the browser one in my 9.4) in that version? In my case, most of the features of a custom firmware would be useless to me (I don't need to pirate games, to use hack roms, backup savegames, homebrew, etc). I just need something to inject pokemon in the game.

Browserhax (and also the easy to use soundhax) doesn't work any more for that firmware.

Homebrew entry methods keeps dropping over the course of firmware updates,
and that pretty much what happened.

Rather than worry about whether this next firmware version will support my injection methods,
CFW pretty much ensures you won't have to worry about that.

Anyhow, I don't know if you have other entrypoints.
If you do and you wanna check, here's a place: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-4-and-homebrew.467261/

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Browserhax (and also the easy to use soundhax) doesn't work any more for that firmware.

Homebrew entry methods keeps dropping over the course of firmware updates,
and that pretty much what happened.

Rather than worry about whether this next firmware version will support my injection methods,
CFW pretty much ensures you won't have to worry about that.

Anyhow, I don't know if you have other entrypoints.
If you do and you wanna check, here's a place: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-4-and-homebrew.467261/

In the case I install a custom fw, can I still use an original cartridge to play online without having to worry about a random ban?

14 minutes ago, sawada91 said:

In the case I install a custom fw, can I still use an original cartridge to play online without having to worry about a random ban?

yeah! that's pretty much what I'm doing presently.

Use cartridge to play, use JKSV via homebrew launcher that is in Rosalina to dump saves. XD

47 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

yeah! that's pretty much what I'm doing presently.

Use cartridge to play, use JKSV via homebrew launcher that is in Rosalina to dump saves. XD

Then I have some questions:

1) Is there a way to remove the custom fw and to go back?

2) How does that work? What happens if a game with a higher required version comes out?

3) Is there any chance to get banned with a custom fw and an original cartridge?

4) What can I do with a custom fw and an original cartridge? How can I modify a savegame of an original game? Can I replace textures or models?

8 hours ago, sawada91 said:

Then I have some questions:

1) Is there a way to remove the custom fw and to go back?

2) How does that work? What happens if a game with a higher required version comes out?

3) Is there any chance to get banned with a custom fw and an original cartridge?

4) What can I do with a custom fw and an original cartridge? How can I modify a savegame of an original game? Can I replace textures or models?

1) there is. But doing the wrong procedure or if you end up at the wrong firmware, may make you enable to use CFW or homebrew features (like injection) ever again (until another access point pops up) (tho ntrboot will still be there)

2) AFAIK Luma and BS9 can be updated without fear of losing CFW

3) there's always a chance, no matter how slim. They could bundle some kind of detection (?) in their system updates (doesn't seem to be done presently) 

4) using homebrew tools that can be accessed using CFW, to inject and extract save files.

as for changing textures, models, or other mods, Luna allows "layedFS" which basically means it can run modded game files concurrently with your game/cart.

1 hour ago, Saul oseguera said:

¿Sabes si los eventos de dialga y palkia son legales y, de ser así, no tienes el wc7?

The event itself isn't released to public, and it's details isn't finalised.

if you want to make sure it's legal, wait for the official release and I'll upload them to our on-site event gallery :)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, theSLAYER said:

In light of recent events, I want to reinforce this point to our users:
Please do not submit hacks, fakes, custom cards, etc.

Maybe you think you're helping the community out: you're not.
Maybe you just want a quick laugh; do it elsewhere, preferably not at the expense of our kind users.

In any case, I will like to take this opportunity to thank our users who submit self-obtained wonder cards.
They are the heroes to everyone interested in event collections (except to hacker-haters, of course  ;P )

I got a feeling that the last remark against hacker haters was to a certain furry........

1 minute ago, shay123 said:

I got a feeling that the last remark against hacker haters was to a certain furry........

He's certainly part of the group, but it isn't directed at him. (not that he comes here lol)

The world is diverse, and there's definitely people that wish our site doesn't exist.
Just raising a point that those people exist ><

Just now, theSLAYER said:

He's certainly part of the group, but it isn't directed at him. (not that he comes here lol)

The world is diverse, and there's definitely people that wish our site doesn't exist.
Just raising a point that those people exist ><

If this site didn't exist I wouldn't be into Pokémon as much as I am now.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 1:17 AM, shay123 said:

If this site didn't exist I wouldn't be into Pokémon as much as I am now.

I know right! I'm pretty sure pp.org helped me enjoy Pokemon in different exciting ways!

---------------

I actually have the Heatran/Regigigas cards straight from the server.
Just trying to format them for upload :)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

I know right! I'm pretty sure pp.org helped me enjoy Pokemon in different exciting ways!

---------------

I actually have the Heatran/Regigigas cards straight from the server.
Just trying to format them for upload :)

When is the shiny Poipole event due?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nickdos said:

Excuse me because I've been out of the loop for a while, is shiny Celebi from the Crystal VC obtainable and able to be transferred with pokebank to the gen7 games?

Yes it is.  The VC version is modified slightly so the Celebi event is a permanent part of it. That Celebi has normal Gen 2 shiny odds.
It's on this site in the 'event gallery' section under 'Gen 2 English', or you can search for 'Celebi' with the filter set to 'files'.