General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

@Scried Ash Pikachu comes with ribbons, so can't be put on GTS.

In that case just simulate it as tho it was from a (local) trade, and don't go online until a month later or something.
In the mean time, do other in your game, like catch Pokemon, defeat E4 a few times,
so that at least the changes between game syncs isn't just the addition of the ashchu.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the past, particularly since I don't think we've been able to "legally" run into this scenario, but when receiving a Z-Crystal that you already have from a mystery gift(since Z-Crystals are infinite), this short dialogue event is shown. I noticed it when I started receiving the multiple Ash Pikachus.

Spoiler

TWc1tnD.png

hjX0C4j.png

amCOmZH.png

11 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the past, particularly since I don't think we've been able to "legally" run into this scenario, but when receiving a Z-Crystal that you already have from a mystery gift(since Z-Crystals are infinite), this short dialogue event is shown. I noticed it when I started receiving the multiple Ash Pikachus.

Hide contents

TWc1tnD.png

hjX0C4j.png

amCOmZH.png

It's possible, if you obtained the Japanese serial codes for Ash Cap Pikachu (they could receive more than one per save)

Another example, would be receiving a free one using PIKACHU20, then using the movie code from TW (upcoming).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mewto2015 said:

one question, what happen if i get all the pikachus forms with me own pokemon save? can be baneed? or what can i do?

I've shifted your post here, as it's more relevant here!

So far, there hasn't been a known instance of banning based on wonder cards, but we'll never know.
(People said the same when going online with leaked SM before launch, and see what happened)

so, this discussion is purely for prevent the potential for bans, and for this scenario, referring to SM:
- If your save is for a Japanese region game save (played on JP 3DS), you can have all wonder cards

- If non-Japanese region save, you can have one wonder card for the forms, and the rest be traded over.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between the MYSTRY Mew and the Aura Mew?

From what I understand, the MYSTRY Mew was distributed in the USA and originated from a FireRed cartridge with around 400 preloaded Mews. In terms of the Aura Mew, was it distributed in the UK from a distribution cart similar to the 10Anniv distro carts? If so, how would I go about recreating an Aura Mew with a legal PID?

7 hours ago, english09 said:

What's the difference between the MYSTRY Mew and the Aura Mew?

From what I understand, the MYSTRY Mew was distributed in the USA and originated from a FireRed cartridge with around 400 preloaded Mews. In terms of the Aura Mew, was it distributed in the UK from a distribution cart similar to the 10Anniv distro carts? If so, how would I go about recreating an Aura Mew with a legal PID?

Basically Aura was Europe's only Gen 3 Mew, and MYSTRY was the US's only Gen 3 Mew. Your understanding is correct about the methods which both were distributed.

As for legal Aura Mews, depending on what you want one for, you may be interested in something to be released very soon which I can only discuss further in private. Alternatively, there are several .pk3s available.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:46 AM, Saul oseguera said:

Ho-oh It can not be exchanged and I do not know what the reason is.

Moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

It is likely that the hacks-checking-server hasn't unblocked it. (event is legal after all, straight from gift server, and also from user contribution)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Saul oseguera said:

Do you know if the crystal pokemon celebi shiny will be legal tomorrow?

FB_IMG_1516895606145.jpg

Seriously Saul,
Event Contribution thread = for contributions,
Event FAQ thread = for questions XD

Okay, now that I've shifted the post over.

As of 3 and a half hours ago, VC Crystal was released in Australia.
At that point, transporter has been updated to allow Celebi to be imported, including shinies. (I confirm the shinies were transferred)
Tweets relating to topic

Of course, the biggest thing is whether the DVs were prevented from being generated as shiny. (DVs do seem random, to say the least)
Awaiting for @Collector Togami to confirm the RNG of DVs.

Additionally, they derped, and allowed it to be transferred from Korean GS VC, even tho they can't be received there.

https://twitter.com/PP_theSLAYER/status/956531475553202176

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ammako said:

It wouldn't be surprising for shiny Celebi to be transferable even if it weren't obtainable. Mew was (is?)

yeah, despite shiny Mew being illegal in Gen 1/2 for VC, it was transferable,
probably because they had to whitelist it (for Shiny Mews from JP Emerald)

1 hour ago, Saul oseguera said:

And they will not have the pk7 file?

we have the PK2 in the event galley.
PKHeX is capable of converting PK2 -> PK7. (just make sure it has 5 perfect IVs)

@theSLAYER

The Odd Egg Pokemon should transfer if the special move of Dizzy Punch is deleted, yeah? Wonder if they're blocking it from international versions due to them being lazy for not adding an alternative for the Japanese VC copies. Although, I hope it's an oversight on their end.

Speaking of non-transferable Pokemon, about old G2 Celebi events such as these in your Event Gallery:

Shouldn't they also be transferable given you level them up to 30 or higher, and even those other PCNY events if you've deleted their exclusive moves? I don't see how not.

1 hour ago, Holla! said:

The Odd Egg Pokemon should transfer if the special move of Dizzy Punch is deleted, yeah? Wonder if they're blocking it from international versions due to them being lazy for not adding an alternative for the Japanese VC copies. Although, I hope it's an oversight on their end.

I would think so, but that's kinda sad. Fun thing about Odd egg is Shininess + DynamicPunch Dizzy Punch combo xD

1 hour ago, Holla! said:

Speaking of non-transferable Pokemon, about old G2 Celebi events such as these in your Event Gallery

Sadly, I don't think Poketransporter blocks invalid met locations in Gen 2 data. (I'll give it a test soon).
Because it has an event location in the Gen 2 data, it'll be illegal.

However, the data gets wiped upon transfer, so it'll become legal.
Given that the definition of legal entails hacking something to appear as tho it was obtained legitimately,
as much as it bugs me, the transferred copies should qualify as legal, since it'll be indistinguishable from regular Crystal Celebi.

(furthermore, it can have origin games as Gold or Silver, since it could be traded then transported,
and transporter sets the origin game as game that it was transported from, for VC games)

(Then again, you could always start your game with the OT PCNYa/b/c/d just to mess with people...)

edit 1:
Yup, the Celebi didn't transfer at level 5.
Leveling them to 30 allowed transfer -.-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Cool, thanks. I'd also test it, but I have to wait until noon EST to access my copy. Dx

They didn't pass at Level 5, but passed at Level 30. Bummer.

Celebi with no met level and met location also passed.
Odd Eggs without Dizzy Punch passed.

• Proud 1