General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

2 hours ago, BlueBraviary said:

How do we know Silvally is tcg related? It looks to me to possibly be linked to the vc Gold and Silver between the Johto met location and the time travel mention. it cant be in the actual games obviously but...

Salazzle and Lycanroc was featured in TCG, and the serial code for it came out at the same time.
It's also not uncommon (same thing for Zoroark happened last year).

Furthermore, the Silvally is merely super-imposed over Celebi.
The Celebi actually regained it's own details ><

edit:
Right now, it's not uncommon for them to test a wonder card, using another Pokemon's card as base.
Original Charizard, and Charizard used as Base for Marshadow testing.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BlueBraviary said:

Is it possible to get extra styles of the hat pikachu if I back up my save before redeeming and then reload the old save? Or will it still say I already got one?

Server appears to record your TID/SID/OT NAME and Game Sync ID (they've been doing this with any free code),
so even if you restore an older save state, it will still say you redeemed it..

However, if you did something similar, with replaying a new game, that'll work!

Just now, Deoxyz said:

@theSLAYER Yeah, didn't see it, we responded at the same time. I had no idea they started recording your info on the server. That's surprising to be honest.

I think they did that in Gen 6 too, but I can't say for sure.
But I'm sure they did that for Gen 7, probably to prevent save state abuse.

In any case, if you had an extra game, you could just keep resetting.
(or edit above said details lol)

I could've sworn I did this for a pokemon or two back during Gen 6. Maybe it wasn't for a serial code, could've been for McDonald's Hoopa, idk. Probably why it caught me off guard. :S

I guess alternatively, the easiest way is have temporary separate copies of my savefile with different TIDs ready to use.

Edited by Deoxyz

4 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I could've sworn I did this for a pokemon or two back during Gen 6. Maybe it wasn't for a serial code, could've been McDonald's Hoopa, idk. Probably why it caught me off guard. :S

I guess alternatively, I could have temporary separate copies of my savefile with different TIDs ready to use.

I think this is only done to Serial Code, not free online gifts.

Yeah, just have multiple saves hahaha.

Also, there's a JP Celebi card online, and I used my Japanese Serial code, but it's not receivable yet.

19 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

@theSLAYER Would it be only the case with static serial codes like these Pikachu, or even with unique serial codes from GameStop, etc?

AFAIK it's a thing for common passwords (like the static serial code Pikachu).
They probably don't implement it on unique serial codes, as some can be multi-receivable (like the upcoming Celebi)

Just now, Deoxyz said:

@theSLAYER I suppose that's something I can test when we get the Marshadow codes here in the US in a couple weeks.

So a single Celebi code will be usable with more than one game, or multiple Celebi codes can be used with a single game?

Single game being able to receive multiple Celebis, if you have multiple codes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Server appears to record your TID/SID/OT NAME and Game Sync ID (they've been doing this with any free code),
so even if you restore an older save state, it will still say you redeemed it..

However, if you did something similar, with replaying a new game, that'll work!

Yeah, I tried to do the thing @BlueBraviary is saying and was kinda shocked I couldn't receive one a second time, did not know they would record your data.

So are you sure their servers only record the data you mention? So no private cartridge header/cartridge ID or eShop/NNID account data? I made a back-up of my main save file which is connected to a Global Link account and would like to make new save files for each Pikachu variation, so that I can merge them in the end. They should already know that this unique cartridge is linked to my account. Just starting a new game is fine, but if I do they could maybe see that my unique cartridge now has a new OT/TID/SID/Game Sync. And when I finally revert back to my main save file with all of my previous data, that would be kinda suspicious...

2 hours ago, Scried said:

So no private cartridge header/cartridge ID or eShop/NNID account data?

Can't say for sure; it is said that Nintendo servers itself records what title ID you are playing right now, if connected to the network.

Mystery gift server wise, not sure if it access those values.
It definitely can see what region you're playing (as that's how it decides whether you are eligible to receive the game),
but that data is cloned into the save the moment you launch the game on the 3DS, so I can't say for certain that data is taken from save/ram, or from the console.

As you said, it will be suspicious, and I won't necessary recommend that behavior, especially on a game synced game.

@theSLAYER Thanks for the info. I guess the best thing I can do is inject each .pk7 variation into my main save file and make sure each OT/TID/SID is different. Or I could make a back-up of my Sun cartridge and install it as a CIA and use that to create a new save file each time. But then I kinda enter a grey area in terms legal stuff

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scried said:

@theSLAYER Thanks for the info. I guess the best thing I can do is inject each .pk7 variation into my main save file and make sure each OT/TID/SID is different. Or I could make a back-up of my Sun cartridge and install it as a CIA and use that to create a new save file each time. But then I kinda enter a grey area in terms legal stuff

Just create like maybe, 12 different save games (like fully restarted) and cycle through them.
It's like having 12 cartridges, that should help with the redemption.

If you wanna "legitly" do the transfer, then bank that Pokemon XD

On 22-9-2017 at 2:07 PM, theSLAYER said:

If you wanna "legitly" do the transfer, then bank that Pokemon XD

What I meant was that if it is legal for me to back-up my cartridge and install it as a digital titel. Sure I use it as a back-up but and that point it looks more like having a second copy. Currently I do not have a Pokémon Bank subscription, so just exporting and importing .pk7 should be fine. Although at that point I could easily just grab your files instead.

Also, I don't recall PKHeX having an option to change how many times you have traded. You know those small text boxes that show up when you battle online, like how many PP ups you have used, etc. Do you know if this gets added in the future? 

On 22-9-2017 at 8:35 PM, Sabresite said:

No NNID since it's not directly available to the game. Also you can play the game without an NNID.

Ok, but how does Nintendo/Pokémon then check if my digital installed back-up is legal one? I guess the ticket signature on launch or something, but maybe I shouldn't ask this on this forum. :P I just don't want to get in trouble.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, Scried said:

Also, I don't recall PKHeX having an option to change how many times you have traded. You know those small text boxes that show up when you battle online, like how many PP ups you have used, etc. Do you know if this gets added in the future? 

I think that function on PKHeX only exists for newer generations.
To add them for older generations, we need to know where's the offset in the save..

31 minutes ago, GUT said:

do you know if the pikachu with ash cap currently distributed by the code PIKACHU20 pass already by trade?

I don't know; I've yet to test XD

20 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I think that function on PKHeX only exists for newer generations.
To add them for older generations, we need to know where's the offset in the save..

I was just wondering if it was possible to change those values, since I think it also contains the amount of times you have traded. If I could edit that, I could simulate that I got a Ash's Pikachu via trade. Although as you said, I also could have gotten one though Bank, which does not count as a trade (I think). But you are saying this function already exist in PKHeX for SuMo?, because I can't find it. XY and ORAS also had these values if I remember, don't think the older games have though.

3 hours ago, Sabresite said:

@Scried, they check game sync id. If you don't have one then one is generated. I don't know much about the process either. If I had to guess, it's probably requested from the servers. 

Yeah the whole NNID/eShop account/title ID/signature/cartridge header thing is probably more system launch check related rather than in-game online checks or something, but I don't know I could be wrong. Anyway, since my cart with my main save is connected to a Game Sync it is probably the best to just inject each Pikachu via PKHeX. It's the easiest and I don't risk getting a banned Game Sync (I hope). Since I don't have a Bank subscription, It's probably not worth it to do all the things I said above myself, I can just get the files here and inject those. No need to install an extra back-up of the game or something. :P

@Scried , I'm pretty sure it's this:

Untitled.png

18 minutes ago, Scried said:

since my cart with my main save is connected to a Game Sync it is probably the best to just inject each Pikachu via PKHeX

I won't even recommend that.

If you have an extra S/M that isn't linked to Game Sync, modify that save, then bank the Pikachus.

IMHO that's a lot safer.

@theSLAYER Thanks for that screenshot, that is indeed the option I was looking for.

I do appreciate your concerns, but the problem is that I don't have a second copy nor do I have a Bank subscription. I know it's just €5,- in Europe, but I am not really going to use it. I could do what I said earlier and install my cart as a digital game to get the Pikachu, but without Bank I can't transfer it (I don't have two 3DSs). In the end I will end up with a .pk7 file that I need to inject somehow.

Wait, I may have found a solution though. What if, on my main save, I ask for a Ash's Pikachu on the GTS and offer a random generic route 1 Pokémon. I assume nobody wants to trade their Pikachu for it, so when go onto my other save with the Ash's Pikachu, I can intestate the trade and get the Ash's Pikachu on my main save. I do need 2 copies of the game for this of course, so I guess I will install my cart as a digital game, assuming that is safe? I just don't want my 3DS to get banned, that's my main concern and that is more impotent to me than Game Sync.

Edited by Scried