General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

51 minutes ago, XerneusGuy said:

I recently got homebrew on my 3ds with the VC games, I was wondering where the gen 1 VC Mew event was contributed so I could add it to my save?

it's in both archives; can go to either gen 6 or gen 7 archive. links in my sig.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cc9 said:

Hello, I just realised we have the birthday pokemons, which are awesome! How did we suddenly get all of them if I may ask? They're available from 2013 - 2016 :3

They were contributed to us.

20 hours ago, BlueBraviary said:

Now I gotta wonder if that magikarp event will end up on some NA consoles too...people always end up telling North America people how to get codes for themselves. 

As in the Shiny Event.

As it's distributed to Singapore, which uses US consoles, I'll say yup.

I'll be uploading the ENG wondercard when it comes along.

(this would have been a good chance to give HKTW CHS and CHT wondercards, tho)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, beakershell said:

What are the red text mean at the page of "Lunar Magikarp Wonder Card", PID Shiny PID and the skill Bounce is colored red.

Do I have to change anything, or I can just simply put the wonder card into the mystery gift section in pkhex and save and take the pokemon out in the game menu.

It's just pointing out to you notable features:
Shiny PID means this event is always shiny.
Bounce is red because it's normally not a learnable move by Magikarp.

The color scheme of moves is explained here:

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It's just pointing out to you notable features:
Shiny PID means this event is always shiny.
Bounce is red because it's normally not a learnable move by Magikarp.

The color scheme of moves is explained here:

So I just have to set the wonder card in my mystery gift? Won't all wonder card's pokemon PID be the same with other players?

1 minute ago, beakershell said:

So I just have to set the wonder card in my mystery gift? Won't all wonder card's pokemon PID be the same with other players?

Yup, just set the wonder card in.

there's 16 Shiny PIDs for that TID/SID combination, so yeah, there'll be shared PID among players.

Hi I recently noticed that the French, Italian, German and Spanish versions of GF Meloetta are all uploaded to the Gallery twice, you may remove one of each.

Then two little suggestions.

1. What about uploading Pokemon Link (pl6) files? They are not wondercards but we also have pkx files there.

2. The Colorization Guide is currently only present in the Template for new Event Posts thread. I think it would be good to also put it onto the main page of the Event Gallery. So people who don't want to contribute will find it as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

Hi I recently noticed that the French, Italian, German and Spanish versions of GF Meloetta are all uploaded to the Gallery twice, you may remove one of each.

Thanks for pointing this out!

I can't pinpoint when, but I remember people saying Meloetta wasn't on the Event Gallery,

(What happened was, rather than do the correct thing to actually check first, I simply went along with the mental note and uploaded it lol.)

Then two little suggestions.

1. What about uploading Pokemon Link (pl6) files? They are not wondercards but we also have pkx files there.

Sheesh, I totally forgot about them.
I mean, I even went through the trouble for Magearna and Mew, why not them right.

Once I come up with a format I'm satisfied with
(Likely .pl6 of corresponding languages if they exist, and the relevant .pk6 files, regardless if the .pl6 for that language exists,
and also the format template for their entries),
I'll upload them within the next 48 hours.

2. The Colorization Guide is currently only present in the Template for new Event Posts thread. I think it would be good to also put it onto the main page of the Event Gallery. So people who don't want to contribute will find it as well.

Even without top portion of the template format guide, inclusion of the colorization guide feels like it'll make the first post of the Event Contribution thread even bulkier.

I understand the notion of it being there: it'll help to reduce confusion and spread awareness on why the color scheme is there.
(I picked up the idea from Guested I believe; our old event gallery had the moves colored too, and it was a feature I enjoyed over other sites)

I'm not sure how many people go to this page,
but I think this page in this link is a great place for it to be there,
since it's the glue that combines all the generations.

I don't think I can edit that page, though

EDIT:
For the time being, I've got a little write up, as a "new download" in the main page of the event downloads:
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/category/2-event-gallery/

• Like 1

For Pokemon with Less than 4 letter names (Mew), or have symbols in their names (Ho-oh),
search the event gallery via tags.

Example:
Mew
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/search/?&type=downloads_file&tags=Mew&sortby=relevancy

Ho-oh
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/search/?&type=downloads_file&tags=ho-oh

If any other Pokemon fit that category, and cannot be found, I'll go and add the tags

Remember when I suggested that downloadable tournament rulesets should be preserved, since they are stored locally in the Extdata folder for Sun/Moon and can be used in local combat?

Well, I tried restoring with no luck with JKSaveManager on a 3DS with new SD card, but manually copying the ruleset files into the Sun/Moon Extdata "reg" folder did the trick. I used FBI for this, but since this is userland, we could use the old exdata app for 3ds, since it copyies things to exdata given a text file with the paths and instructions (or someone could go and fix jksavemanager...).

In any case, the rules are downloaded in each console depending on the region of the game, so here are the 3 downloadable rulesets that have been available for the spanish language.

SunMoonRulesets_Spanish.zip

13 hours ago, suloku said:

Remember when I suggested that downloadable tournament rulesets should be preserved, since they are stored locally in the Extdata folder for Sun/Moon and can be used in local combat?

Well, I tried restoring with no luck with JKSaveManager on a 3DS with new SD card, but manually copying the ruleset files into the Sun/Moon Extdata "reg" folder did the trick. I used FBI for this, but since this is userland, we could use the old exdata app for 3ds, since it copyies things to exdata given a text file with the paths and instructions (or someone could go and fix jksavemanager...).

In any case, the rules are downloaded in each console depending on the region of the game, so here are the 3 downloadable rulesets that have been available for the spanish language.

SunMoonRulesets_Spanish.zip

I've got some rules in my wonder card gen 7 archive (under others > regulation files)
However I noticed I'm missing 4103 through 4106.

I'm also unsure how often they actually update the other "regulation" named files.

I've seen those, but they are actually different from what you actually get downloaded on your 3DS. Unless there's a way to set a local broadcast server at home from which one can download the rulesets, those files can actually be directly used.

I've only downloaded 3 rulesets so far, and according to serebii only 3 have been available. All 3 are still downloadable, so we can still get them in all languages.

I've tried comparing some of the files you got from boss with the actual rules stored in my 3DS and I've found a match for two of the rulesets in the dl_regulation_EU_S file. The third ruleset (alola friendly competition) is missing, so my guess is that they update the dl_regulation files when new rulesets are added.

What I get from this:
- We can dump the rulesets from the dl_regulation files
- We need to know if all region use the same filenames in the extdata (012, 013 and 014 for current downloadable rulesets)
- The dl_regulation files should be update when new ruleset downloads become available.

If you have a 3DS with a game set as non-spanish region (japanese or USA would be the best), could you post the contents of your REG folder in the EXT Data? You may browse them with FBI, this way we can see if they use different filenames for different region rulesets or the filename is tied to the ruleset as some kind of ID ( I haven't been able to find any relationship with the filenames within the regulation files).

24 minutes ago, suloku said:

I've seen those, but they are actually different from what you actually get downloaded on your 3DS. Unless there's a way to set a local broadcast server at home from which one can download the rulesets, those files can actually be directly used.

I would imagine part of the file your mention you have, is actually in the entire file I uploaded.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

I would imagine part of the file your mention you have, is actually in the entire file I uploaded.

Yes, the entire files are in the "dl_regulation" files (albeit the latest ruleset is NOT there, but the other 2 previous are, so I imagine the one you uploaded is outdated).

EDIT: we still would need a way to use them in the future, that's why I asked about how other regions name the files in extdata.

On 21.2.2017 at 11:54 AM, suloku said:

EDIT: we still would need a way to use them in the future, that's why I asked about how other regions name the files in extdata.

It's likely 012, 013 and 014 for all regions. I checked my German version and they are named like that.

Offsets without the 0x296 bytes BOSS header.
0x00    seems to be always 1
0x04    number of rules
0x10    1st rule offset
0x14    1st rule size
0x18    2nd rule offset
0x1C    2nd rule size
0x20    3rd rule offset
0x24    3rd rule size

So the rules for the current file are
0x028 - 0x4CF    1st rule
0x4D0 - 0x977    2nd rule
0x978 - 0xE1F    3rd rule
They are padded with zeros to a size of 0xFFFF when saved in the ExtData.

• Like 1

Here are the Festival Plaza Downloadable Regulations 012, 013 and 014 for all languages ready to use for the ExtData!

Also included is an older version of the WCS17 rules which I assume should be 011 if they use ongoing numbers. It was available only for a short time and was then removed due to an error.

The PGL Tournament need proper naming, they are still named as they are on the server. But the size is already padded to 64KB.

Festival Plaza.zip

PGL Tournaments.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question:
I don't have Pokémon Bank on my 3DS so if I use the "0000 SM - Pokémon Bank Mewnium Z" on my save, this can cause problems? And this event include a Mew or only the Z-Crystal?
Same question for "1608 SM - Item Pidgeotite x1", since I never game synced my Pokémon Sun on PGL (and therefore I never participated the event).

Let me explain myself:
I never synced bc I'm aiming to only using pkhex to battle with my friends, online and local, because using "hacked" 'mons on Global Events feels like I'm cheating so, whatever, I have Showdown for that; And record the battles for my YT channel (actually I never tested if I can do battles without sync haha) and do some giveaways online to my subs (never did it actually too, but I tested that I can use the GTS and WT without sync, but not directly online/local trades).
So I only need to be sure (or kinda) that using these wonder cards, I will not get banned (like a console/cartridge ban) from using these features: GTS, Wonder Trade and online/local battles and trades.
I know that feels out of question to be banned without sync... But GF/Nintendo has no limits, see these ridiculous bans on Pokémon GO.

I don't care if they ban me on Global Events or whatever, since I can get the rewards with you guys :D

Sorry for my english and these many questions. Much love.

Edited by Andre Miles

3 hours ago, Andre Miles said:

Question:I don't have Pokémon Bank on my 3DS so if I use the "0000 SM - Pokémon Bank Mewnium Z" on my save, this can cause problems? And this event include a Mew or only the Z-Crystal?

Doesn't matter, as you can bring your cartridge to your friend's 3DS, receive it from their bank, then insert your cart back into your own 3DS.
Only the Z-crystal. There's a handful of Mew events released in Gen 6, just use one of those.

Same question for "1608 SM - Item Pidgeotite x1", since I never game synced my Pokémon Sun on PGL (and therefore I never participated the event)

While it takes a PGL account that participated to get the Serial Code,
as per any serial code, you can give the serial code to someone else to redeem.

But GF/Nintendo has no limits, see these ridiculous bans on Pokémon GO.

If I recall correctly The Pokemon Company doesn't have direct control over Pokemon Go.
They only receive royalties, and Pokemon Go is almost fully under Niantic's control.

Hence, the ridiculous bans (which are mostly justified, since its all botters anyway; I would know XD) aren't from GF/Ninty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kazaibatsu said:

Hi! I noticed that the Hoenn Cap Pikachu event/wonder card that was uploaded today is coming up as illegal in PKHeX... :S (I have the 23-4-17 version) Even though Iron Tail is an event exclusive move...

Do understand it takes time for PKHeX to update, and it's not an automatic update.

(The PKHeX version you listed is from before the event was released)

itll likely be added to the next update, not to worry!