General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

Nope.

It won't work imnmediately, as we don't know what type of method they'll use to scramble the save.

Of course, RAM dumping and editing may temporarily be revived (Since for the game to perform its actions, save will be unscrambled in RAM, usually).

There's going to be a lull period before the New features are entirely incorporated into PKhex.

It uses same engine as gen 6 so it probs will have a similar save file structure to gen 6 like gen 4 and gen 5. So sun and moon will probs use a main file. Also it would be possible to use the browser ram dump thing as with cfw you can downgrade the browser and have the old one that works with ramsav.

It uses same engine as gen 6 so it probs will have a similar save file structure to gen 6 like gen 4 and gen 5. So sun and moon will probs use a main file. Also it would be possible to use the browser ram dump thing as with cfw you can downgrade the browser and have the old one that works with ramsav.

Undoubtedly it will probably have a similar save structure.

Thing is they can opt to scramble the save one more time on top of the existing encryption.

Meaning after using savedatafiler to decrypt, the save could still be shuffled, if they really want to prevent hacking.

At the very least, ram editing should still be possible, cause they would probably load the save to ram as not shuffled, and only shuffle when writing to save.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to do a ORAS 6IV HA living dex for Sun and Moon. I bred everything, and now I just need legendaries, so I have some questions:

- Are IV for event pokemon locked? Do I still get a legit pokemon if I take the last event Hoopa or Volcanion and I give it 31 IV in every stat?

- Same question, but for the natures

- If I take a wonder card event pokemon (pgt, pgf or whatever) and I place it in a box using PkHex, it is still legit, isn't it?

- I browsed in the Gen 5-6 events, but I can't find these legendaries (Mewtwo, Mew, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Tornadus, Thundarus, Landars) with Hidden Abilities. Can I get them somewhere?

I'm trying to do a ORAS 6IV HA living dex for Sun and Moon. I bred everything, and now I just need legendaries, so I have some questions:

- Are IV for event pokemon locked? Do I still get a legit pokemon if I take the last event Hoopa or Volcanion and I give it 31 IV in every stat?

- If I take a wonder card event pokemon (pgt, pgf or whatever) and I place it in a box using PkHex, it is still legit, isn't it?

- I browsed in the Gen 5-6 events, but I can't find these legendaries (Mewtwo, Mew, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Tornadus, Thundarus, Landars) with Hidden Abilities. Can I get them somewhere?

Hidden ability Wondercards for Mewtwo (shiny from the International Challege), Regi's (PokeBank) and Sinnoh Trio (Korean event) are available to download and inject

Not all events have locked IV or nature.

You can just drag the wondercard into the left side of pkhex to see the details.

Also, (more recently notable events)

Mewtwo: Gen VI distributed

Mew: No HA

Legendary beasts: HA NOT RELEASED

Ho-oh and LuGia: Dream Radar (and movie event, iirc)

Regi trio: Gen VI bank event

Time/space trio: Gen VI movie event

Heatran : unreleased

Onii trio : Dream Radar

The Gen VI ones are in the archive.

Not all events have locked IV or nature.

You can just drag the wondercard into the left side of pkhex to see the details.

So if I change some IVs for a locked pokemon, I'll get the error icon?

Ho-oh and LuGia: Dream Radar (and movie event, iirc)

Onii trio : Dream Radar

And what about these? Can I find them somewhere?

In gen 7 there's this "downloadable" rules thing. I think those files are also worth keeping. They are located in the "Reg" folder inside the exdata (accessible via JKSM). I have yet to try if simple copy/paste of those files to the exdata folder works for a 3DS that hasn't downloaded them. The problem is that filelist.txt file, always seems to fail... Even with savedatafiler.

Maybe the old exdata homebrew (can't remember the name) can easily be configured to copy only those files to the games exdata, so a homebrew app for them can be done, but if they need to be added to the filelist.txt...

I currently have another 3DS, so I'll test tonight/tomorrow if noone does before me.

EDIT: probably the best solution would be something like the fullwc6 pc distributor, that fakes the connection to a custom server and the rules can be downloaded from it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 4:18 PM, suloku said:

In gen 7 there's this "downloadable" rules thing. I think those files are also worth keeping. They are located in the "Reg" folder inside the exdata (accessible via JKSM). I have yet to try if simple copy/paste of those files to the exdata folder works for a 3DS that hasn't downloaded them. The problem is that filelist.txt file, always seems to fail... Even with savedatafiler.

Maybe the old exdata homebrew (can't remember the name) can easily be configured to copy only those files to the games exdata, so a homebrew app for them can be done, but if they need to be added to the filelist.txt...

I currently have another 3DS, so I'll test tonight/tomorrow if noone does before me.

EDIT: probably the best solution would be something like the fullwc6 pc distributor, that fakes the connection to a custom server and the rules can be downloaded from it.

erm, I probably can download the bulk of them, but not sure where to keep them since they aren't technically events.

Any reason for why you wanna keep them?

wondercard custom server already exists, and only works with real events (fakes cannot be used, cause the entire file has to be signed.)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-xyoras-mystery-machine-mystery-gift-spoofer.422613/

33 minutes ago, Karyuu said:

There is some version of WC7?

gen vii events thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/39400-gen-vii-events-contribution-thread/

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Any reason for why you wanna keep them?

They can be used in local battles, so I though they might be worth keeping, since they are a game-related file not in-game that we won't be able to download anymore once they decide to shut down the servers (I know there's still some years before that happens but...). Of course they are not as important as event pokémon, but for example in generation 5 skins, tournaments and others were preserved, so I think these rules are worth preserving.

Another interesting thing would be to create custom rules, but that's another matter.

On 21/12/2016 at 3:39 AM, suloku said:

They can be used in local battles, so I though they might be worth keeping, since they are a game-related file not in-game that we won't be able to download anymore once they decide to shut down the servers (I know there's still some years before that happens but...). Of course they are not as important as event pokémon, but for example in generation 5 skins, tournaments and others were preserved, so I think these rules are worth preserving.

Another interesting thing would be to create custom rules, but that's another matter.

For now, those files are in the WC7 folder, in the 6.others folder

• 3 weeks later...