General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

I'm wondering...do online events count for the shiny Mewtwo event with Play Pokemon points?

I have no solid idea.

I would assume so, as long as you get Play! Points.

I've never really taken part in any Play! events, though it would be a good time to start.

you could take part in the https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/00ffbb6f-563e-4963-a86a-6793d0ae094d

quote: If you haven't had time to play in an event, several opportunities still remain, including the International Challenge June Online Competition.

qusestion about the secend JPN Lugia Pokémon Center Pokémon Lugia ID 09075 do ya think it should have the same SID as the 711 Lugia? i just got 2 from trades and ones got SID from 711 lugia and the other got an SID the same as Shiny Jirachi lol

It may be possible for the two Lugias to share the SID (since it is a repeat of the same event), but we won't know since never received a wondercard for it.

(think of how the redistributed Hoopa and Mew, but previously received ones stop your from collecting the redistribution)

However it is unlikely for the SID to be the same as a completely different event. (your Lugia and Jirachi issue).

Given that, chances that it is hacked it way too high.

Since SID are based off Wondercard ID, imagine being able to receive a Jirachi and not being able to receive Lugia? doesn't make sense.

The only times that a SID/WC6ID can host different event/Pokemon are when:

1. The receivable Pokemon are split by version.

Examples:

0515, Heracross on X and Pinsir on Y

0504, Magmar on X, Electabuzz on Y

2. Event is repeatable OR lucky draw type of scenario, provided you can get another serial code.

Examples:

0081 Arceus. 19 Different Arceus could be collected, including a shiny variation.

0082 Movie Legendary Pokemon

0132 ~ 0136 Mega Campaign Pokemon

With that in mind, I don't think Lugia and Shiny Jirachi is part of above categories (and I don't think there's a Shiny Jirachi redistribution that coincides with the Lugia)

the shiny Jirachi is from yr files slayer m8 0061 XYORAS - ポケセン (Pokemon Xmas Party 14) Shiny Jirachi (JPN) and the lugia has the same 61 SID

Not sure if you misunderstood what I wrote,

My point is it doesn't make sense for a Lugia to be same SID as Jirachi.

(as they aren't the same type of event-scenario)

I don't have any Lugia that are 61!

Hence, I was saying the Lugia with the same SID as any Jirachi event is likely hacked.

Furthermore, to make things a bit more interesting,

SID ranging from 37 - 67 are all 2014 events (and events from mid 20s to mid 30s are probably also 2014, we are just missing them),

and SID ranging from within the range of 70-150s are all 2015 events.

For Lugia, both being 2015 event (and 2016, if any redistribution), to possess 61 when it isn't the same type of event as Jirachi, and not being a 2014 event, breaks pattern in so many ways.

Both NTR and Luma have region emulation, which should normally allow you to receive Japanese events on non-Japanese systems if set to emulate Japanese language.

Just in case someone can somehow get a hold of region-locked Japanese QR codes for events without Japanese 3DSes being the norm in stores around where they live.

That method still has the problem that Country and Sub-region aren't patched yet, unless the feature has been added to luma and I didn't know of it.

I.E. in gen VI the received pokemon will have region JAP, country USA, subregion Illinois, which is an impossible combination.

In gen VI I think this only affects the received pokemon (making it an impossible pokemon), but we don't know how this might affect wondercard retrieval.

theSLAYER, I've been interested for a while about creating a japanesse emunand but haven't been able to find a good guide to achieve it, do you have any information on the topic or you use a native JAP console for event gathering?

Also, I think structure won't change much from gen 6, gamefreak tends to repeat itself, but since it's a new gen everything is possible.

ps: if qr codes aren't one time use it would be a very weird way of distribution since a simple picture would allow the whole world to download the event...

That method still has the problem that Country and Sub-region aren't patched yet, unless the feature has been added to luma and I didn't know of it.

I.E. in gen VI the received pokemon will have region JAP, country USA, subregion Illinois, which is an impossible combination.

In gen VI I think this only affects the received pokemon (making it an impossible pokemon), but we don't know how this might affect wondercard retrieval.

theSLAYER, I've been interested for a while about creating a japanesse emunand but haven't been able to find a good guide to achieve it, do you have any information on the topic or you use a native JAP console for event gathering?

Also, I think structure won't change much from gen 6, gamefreak tends to repeat itself, but since it's a new gen everything is possible.

ps: if qr codes aren't one time use it would be a very weird way of distribution since a simple picture would allow the whole world to download the event...

I have native JPN, native US, region changed KOR and region changed EU.

Thinking about region changing to HK/TW too.

Well itll be okay with wondercards don't log region and sub region.

So far all wondercards have language following game received.

Yeah I was thinking that special events, the QR code is probably one time use,

Unless it's meant to unlock internal events, like the eon ticket public password.

I previously did the old fashion region change as per in gbatemp (I think it was cearp's method and https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-nand-secureinfo-tool-for-region-change.383792/)

And I also followed a video sent by Real.96 here (can't remember the link though)

(for my Korean region change, I just hex edited my secure info)

A region changing guide for A9LH

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

Well hopefully they don't change how the store online and serial code events,

So this way I won't even need to region change..

Has anyone seen any news regarding a Surfing Pikachu serial code released for Korean, for a "Pokemon Spa" or something?

EDIT:

I'm asking because Ninty's servers are hosting the file, and it's uncommon for a file to be hosted before an announcement.

Can't find anything about it using Google or Pokemonkorea.co.kr

Edited by theSLAYER

Has anyone seen any news regarding a Surfing Pikachu serial code released for Korean, for a "Pokemon Spa" or something?

EDIT:

I'm asking because Ninty's servers are hosting the file, and it's uncommon for a file to be hosted before an announcement.

Can't find anything about it using Google or Pokemonkorea.co.kr

It was *very* common for files to be on the server even months before the official announcement. But the release of the Mystery Machine thing and everything ruined that.

But no, I haven't heard about this Pikachu in official ways.

It was *very* common for files to be on the server even months before the official announcement. But the release of the Mystery Machine thing and everything ruined that.

But no, I haven't heard about this Pikachu in official ways.

So far on my end besides the 20th anniversary pokemon serial code pokemon,

Most of the other pokemon don't appear without a warning.

I've still yet to see any official information.

After decrypting the file, the distribution text states that it's a Pokemon Spa Summer event,

So it's probably to commemorate the opening or some anniversary of some facility.. Probably.

Google states that summer in Korea is June - Aug,

So the latest it'll be released is probably august, unless the event gets pulled..

So far on my end besides the 20th anniversary pokemon serial code pokemon,

Most of the other pokemon don't appear without a warning.

That's right. I was talking about how it was between 2013 and 2015.
After decrypting the file, the distribution text states that it's a Pokemon Spa Summer event,

So it's probably to commemorate the opening or some anniversary of some facility.. Probably.

Google states that summer in Korea is June - Aug,

So the latest it'll be released is probably august, unless the event gets pulled..

The ID being 07016 I guess it will be released on or around July 1st.

That's right. I was talking about how it was between 2013 and 2015.

Ah right right, some serial codes were redeemable maybe a day or two in advance.

The ID being 07016 I guess it will be released on or around July 1st.

That seems to be the OT ID layout they've been following,

So I guess we should keep our eyes peeled for release information.

I'll release the Pikachu file then.

Ah right right, some serial codes were redeemable maybe a day or two in advance.
For example, I remember the Japanese VC Mew being on the servers three months early. Same for almost everything else.
I'll release the Pikachu file then.
Splendid.

I successfully followed the guide, with a little modifications for menuhax instead of A9LH, here are the simplified steps for menuhax emunand (uses decrypt9 instead of godmode9):

1.- Make emunand backup from 9.2 version (it's important that it is a 9.2)

2.- Setup 9.2 emunand on sdcard

3.- Prepare HS.app with FBI, put sysupdater on sd:/cia (You can dump HS.app with decrypt9, use this tool to inject fbi.cia: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/Universal-Inject-Generator-Csharp/releases)

4.- Put cia files for the new region on sdcard (folder sd:/updates)

5.- Use decrypt9 to inject the HS.APP containing FBI.

6.- Run your 9.2 emunand

7.- Run FBI and install sysupdater

8.- Run sysupdater and select downgrade (Y). The console reboots itself when it finishes.

9.- Enter emunand again and run FBI. Delete all system titles that have a product code ending with "P" except "CTR-P-CTAP" and those with no product code (check plailect's guide!!!!!)

10.- Shutdown console and run decrypt9

11.- Dump Secureinfo_A from emunand

12.- Open your dumped Secureinfo_A in computer with hex editor, change region to japanese (0x00)

13.- Inject Secureinfo_A with decrypt9 to emunand

14.- Reboot your emunand.

Now you have a 9.1 Japanese emunand!

15.- Go to system settings and format or update to latest firmware, depends on what you want to do with your region changed emunand.

My personal recomendation: install TinyFormat CIA (https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases) to EMUNAND to avoid any conflicts with your account from the other region. It allows to reconfigure system menu without having to re-enable your nintendo account, then update trough system settings. Also, doens't need internet connection.

WARNING! Only load tiny format when you are running under the emunand you want to format.

EDIT: added info about tinyformat

Edited by suloku

The surfing Pikachu was announced today!

It's going to be available for XY and ORAS from July 2 to August 31, 2016.

Sources: http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/?inc=news-news_view&IDX=10655&page=1 http://resom.co.kr/spa/blog/event_view.asp?idxnum=86

Well that is just great!

I'll obtain and release the Pikachu on the 2nd of July!

edit

if everything goes well, I should be able to procure my own Magearna Ga-ole disk!

Edited by theSLAYER

• 3 weeks later...
Several new events are actually repeats right? What's different about repeats, anything?

Bet that Greninja will take a while to get.

Just a few events at PC Hiroshima were repeated because it didn't exist at the time the events were distributed at the other PCs.

The repeat events are mainly identical to their first distribution. They only differ in SID/WCID (you can download them even if you already got the first distribution), distribution text and wondercard.