General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

Could all events be legally obtained on Pokémon X/Y? Eg not exclusive to OR/AS?

Many of the latest events were ORAS exclusives. In the latest collection archive the files were renamed to contained the games they were distributed for.

Many of the latest events were ORAS exclusives. In the latest collection archive the files were renamed to contained the games they were distributed for.

Thanks!

An additional question, does the game record the start date of the save file? Because then I would have to change the date on my 3DS and start the save file.

Thanks!

An additional question, does the game record the start date of the save file? Because then I would have to change the date on my 3DS and start the save file.

You can see the date you started the adventure on the Trainer Card.

Why would you care about that? Dates don't matter since they can simply be changed at any time.

You can see the date you started the adventure on the Trainer Card.

Why would you care about that? Dates don't matter since they can simply be changed at any time.

Because it does not appear legit that I got wonder cards that were distributed before I started the game.

Could all events be legally obtained on Pokémon X/Y? Eg not exclusive to OR/AS?

No. Some events only obtainable on ORAS.

The event wondercards or the excel would indicate which pokemon is obtainable in which game.

Because it does not appear legit that I got wonder cards that were distributed before I started the game.

not entirely true.

You could have gotten bored and changed the date of your 3DS to before you started the game.

Or perhaps maybe you received Pokemon in a trade, and the person who traded to you started the game earlier.

Seriously, date is not a serious issue.

If you think it's an issue, use wondercard editor to change the date before injecting it into your save.

I injected the .wc6full for Jirachi and Dakrai (559 and 560, both ENG) into my copies of ORAS and Y using PKHeX.

Any reason why the date received on the wondercards are 00/00/2000?

When I inject the regular .wc6 for these Pokemon, the dates received show correctly.

Any can someone point me to a post explaining the differences between the two formats?

From my understanding, the .wc6full are dumped from the RAM and contain all the data of the wondercard.

What exactly is missing from the .wc6 files?

I injected the .wc6full for Jirachi and Dakrai (559 and 560, both ENG) into my copies of ORAS and Y using PKHeX.

Any reason why the date received on the wondercards are 00/00/2000?

When I inject the regular .wc6 for these Pokemon, the dates received show correctly.

Any can someone point me to a post explaining the differences between the two formats?

From my understanding, the .wc6full are dumped from the RAM and contain all the data of the wondercard.

What exactly is missing from the .wc6 files?

Use the latest pkhex.

Previous versions did not inject a date. (as wc6full does not have dates)

Wc6full includes the distribution flavor text, which games distributed for listing, and if gender can be random, however date is missing. Also includes checksum, so easier to verify legitimacy.

Wc6 gender is set upon receiving, meaning random would be set as either male or female,

Date also set.

Thanks for all the info! Hopefully we can get .wc7full from the start of Gen VII. That would be awesome.

I switched to the latest release of PKHeX and the .wc6full injected had dates. They were set to whatever the current time on my computer was when injecting the files. Easy enough to get the correct dates.

Thank you!

Thanks for all the info! Hopefully we can get .wc7full from the start of Gen VII. That would be awesome.

I switched to the latest release of PKHeX and the .wc6full injected had dates. They were set to whatever the current time on my computer was when injecting the files. Easy enough to get the correct dates.

Thank you!

that depends whether they'll carry over the same type of wondercard system, or decide to hide everything behind some layer.

On the safe side, the RAM dumping probably wouldn't be that bad, since it's still on a 3DS, which is pretty much exploited.

has anyone uploaded the Nintendo Hong Kong Mewtwo and 2016 Korean World Championship Series Mewtwo at all?

EDIT; i have the 2016 kor event from a trade so i know its SID if its needed

The Korean Mewtwo is Local Wi-Fi event, so we may not get it at all.

HongKong Mewtwo starts June 8th.

It's a serial code event, so I'll be able to grab it!

I'm not sure exactly where is the place to post this but the German VGC Nationals had a shiny Machamp with a different OT, I can obtain a save in the nearish future with the wondercard if no one contributes it

Is the save yours or..?

It's a friends save, I couldn't make German Nationals, however he can't contribute because he doesn't have homebrew

Then how is your friend going to grab the save, using your cartridge?

Anyhow, if you friend could take photos of the place, and video the redemption process,

Paired with details of the save, it will speedily make the verification process easier.

Then how is your friend going to grab the save, using your cartridge?

Anyhow, if you friend could take photos of the place, and video the redemption process,

Paired with details of the save, it will speedily make the verification process easier.

Oh I probably said it badly, it's his save file I'm going to extract on my 3DS. However I don't have any proof of redeeming the event has he has already collected it in game. As for photos of the Nationals at the time I'm sure he can provide them

There was a hacked/custom Gengar event at German VGC Nationals too. Source -> https://twitter.com/StreetPassGER/status/734400790480179201

So, the Machamp event with the different OT might come from a custom distribution as well.

That makes sense, though I'm surprised that hacked custom distributions are the thing now.

Last I checked there's only one custom server, which is the mystery machine spoofer

(and it doesn't distribute wireless without modification on the recipient 3DS)

quick qestion when did they start using SID numbers in event pokemon coz some the gen5 dont have them

SID has always been around, but previous events it might not necessarily be there.

Since the beginning of Gen VI, WondercardID AND SID has been the same value.

Is it possible to get a local event pokemon over trade (not self redeemed) and that it doesn't show the wondercard in your card album when it's traded to your DS (or is that a normal thing actually?)?

Wondercards only show when you receive it from mystery gift.

Trades have never generated wondercards.

Hello guys, it's my first time to use the wc6 in the contribution thread.

I have an US N3DS, and I want to get a Korean Kyogre to participate an official competition. This is because I do not want to restart the game simply to catch one with right IVs again.

I am wondering what steps do I have to take to modify this Kyogre I obtained through wc6 so that it looks legitimate? I know its region has to be modified to a place korea of such. Any other steps I have to take (such as to modify its previous owners so that it looks like it was transferred by a korean to me)? If so, how?

Thank you.