General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

I got my wondercard dump from an independent source which is my own friend who is not even interested into pokemon himself, so yeah.

When in doubt you can always do a quick web search and find countless Japanese blogs like these.

http://otona-pokemon.blog.jp/archives/1054060250.html

http://pokeaogtytnsy.blog70.fc2.com/blog-entry-3402.html

That's good enough for me. Thank you very much.

I have a question.

What's the difference between the WC6 and WC6Full format? What is the difference between these formats.

Thank you.

wc6full is the downloaded file from nintendo, which has the following:

list of games that can receive card

distribution text (not the wondercard text)

wc6

the wc6 just has the wc6 data which is stored to the sav.

Basically wc6full is a complete rip of the event data, as it includes the game compatibility list and the verbose text.

Hi guys

How can I get Volcanion event? I've been trying to create one with Pkhex but it's not tradeable.

Simply inject the wondercard to the correct game and lgame region.

If not working,

The Pokemon server itself may not have included volcanion to their whitelist,

Akin to what happened to dragonite a few pages back.

• 2 weeks later...
Simply inject the wondercard to the correct game and lgame region.

If not working,

The Pokemon server itself may not have included volcanion to their whitelist,

Akin to what happened to dragonite a few pages back.

hey there, I use cyber save editor and pkhex, how can I inject .wc6 files into my jap game?

are wc files taken from players who had the real event?

Most wondercards are provided by trusted contributors or users who were there to collect the event.

It varies between serial code collections by mods, to ripping it out from servers, to wifi events and much more.

There were some wondercards that was provided before I started being a mod here,

but I went ahead to check most, if not all of them.

I also work based on any reports of a card suspected to faked based on conflicting information.

It's easier to confirm legitimacy of present events, harder with older ones.

Also, credits to who provided what wondercard, is in the excel file.

also what's wrong with wc files in the unconfirmed folder?

(U) wondercards that was originally submitted, but removed due to signs of editing.

most of these cards should already have been replaced by a different submissions.

(PS) wondercards taken from Powersaves. While they may look like the real deal,

it is hard to tell, since there's no proof that it was taken from real users who were there to receive the event,

or was hex edited to look like the real thing.

can they not be used online?

Well, if the Pokemon that was generated looks identical to the event Pokemon,

it should be usable online.

(but once again, the rationale for separating them isn't because of online usability, but rather due to origin and legitimacy/legality issues)

[also, it may not be the real deal, but as long as it is legal it can be used online. though to note, Pokemon has horrible online control. even illegal stuff appears once in a while)

cheers man and thank you for your work

the greedy policies of the TPCI/GF prevent most of us folks from getting these events, projects like these give us hope.

No problem!

Indeed!

Well, they've kind of made serial code events a lot more accessible (including online distributions of serial codes), with some events being repeated,

or crossing from local to serial code, or even wi-fi events,

as compared to previous generations.

I mean, I never even got to do one event for Gen III.

Not even one.

Similarly for Gen IV, while I could get access to Wi-Fi events, I didn't manage to do a single local event,

simply because I didn't live in Japan, US or Europe.

So yeah, I understand how much these community projects mean ><

i noticed the wc rar also comes with pokemon red/blue/yellow preoder mew file.

how does one use this file to get mew in pokemon red vc.

i saw the instruction but i am confused and don't know what to do.

To clarify, you can only get the Mew on the Japanese VC of RBYG.

What has to be done next is, if you intend to get the Mew on your Japanese VC pokemon Red,

you need to trade it over, because the Mew is on Pokemon Green.

(the file is a Pokemon VC JPN Green Save).

there is no japanese save editor that allows ripping and injecting of pokemon (not that I can find)

Alternatively:

Extract your japanese Red save to your PC

Run your game on an emulator

use this code (at your own risk)

010833D2

01E334D2

019B35D2

01D836D2

010037D2

015038D2

015937D1

010C38D1

011830D1

011831D1

012D32D1

019E57D2

01AE58D2

018259D2

01005AD2

01005BD2

01505CD2

011524D1

01152BD1

01002FD1

01054CD1

010133D1

010034D1

010035D1

010036D1

012348D1

010049D1

01004AD1

01004BD1

01002CD1

011A2DD1

01004DD1

011A4ED1

01004FD1

011050D1

010051D1

011052D1

010053D1

011054D1

010055D1

011056D1

010039D1

01003AD1

01873BD1

01003CD1

01003DD1

01003ED1

01003FD1

010040D1

010041D1

010042D1

010043D1

010044D1

010045D1

01FF46D1

01FF47D1

Code reverse engineered from http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red,_Green,_Blue_and_Yellow_%28JP%29_GameShark_codes

based on the Mew structure I discussed here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?33343-Gen-VI-Event-Contribution-Archived-Posts-and-Discussions&p=213690&viewfull=1#post213690

Should work for all JPN gen I versions

it replaces your first pokemon in party with the Mew

haven't tested this myself

EDIT: I tested, and the code works on Pokemon Green Japanese, on VBA (using gameshark)

oh that's a shame. so it doesn't work on NA version huh.

side note your emulator method, could it be used on NA RBY VC versions?

Nope.

fundamentally, the problem lies in the way the games itself was programmed.

When the Japanese games was converted to English, they pretty much overwrote the Japanese text to English,

messed up the layout (including usage of control characters), created more space as English names are longer,

so back in Gen I, due to this, trading and battling causes game crashes and looping.

So the Japanese Mew is simply not compatible with non-japanese games, no matter how you try to take a crack at it.

(of course, you can try to create an English version of it, but it won't be legal any more, cause it is a JPN-only event, at this point)

hello.thanks fro all the work here.i have problem with volcanion...i think i do it all right..i setted the 3dsregion japan as the language(i am italian but volcanion is only jap so setted jap)for country and sub region i just setted japan and tokyo(the same i setted on the memories with the current locantion too)..i not touched any stats or attack or relearn moves..but pkhex said that he expect to not have any relearn moves and that the wondercard is not right..plus i cannot trae it..any help? i have to send my save file for check? if yes how i can upload it here?

edit: i have to change the memory and set that i recived via link trade ?

hello.thanks fro all the work here.i have problem with volcanion...i think i do it all right..i setted the 3dsregion japan as the language(i am italian but volcanion is only jap so setted jap)for country and sub region i just setted japan and tokyo(the same i setted on the memories with the current locantion too)..i not touched any stats or attack or relearn moves..but pkhex said that he expect to not have any relearn moves and that the wondercard is not right..plus i cannot trae it..any help? i have to send my save file for check? if yes how i can upload it here?

edit: i have to change the memory and set that i recived via link trade ?

you may want to update Pkhex, seems like it hasn't included the Volcanion wondercard yet.

Also, it needs to appeared to received from trade (for memory) (though location does not need to change)

you may want to update Pkhex, seems like it hasn't included the Volcanion wondercard yet.

Also, it needs to appeared to received from trade (for memory) (though location does not need to change)

i have the lastes version (04/10/2016)..i have to wait for have a full compatibilty with pkhex?but that non inflict the pokemon itself right?

i have the lastes version (04/10/2016)..i have to wait for have a full compatibilty with pkhex?but that non inflict the pokemon itself right?

Pkhex simply checks of its legal or not.

Does not leave data regarding the checks on the pokemon

yes,but since pkhex in not update for volcanion event is normal he still count as a cheat right?

Erm, how should I say this.

Usage of wondercards are technically cheating.

If you got the Volcanion from the wondercard, on the correct region or with the settings right, it'll be legal.

Pkhex updates may not be as frequent as wondercard updates.

I vaguely remember Kaphotics mentioning there's a way to import wondercards into the hack checks,

I just can't remember how, specifically.

Erm, how should I say this.

Usage of wondercards are technically cheating.

If you got the Volcanion from the wondercard, on the correct region or with the settings right, it'll be legal.

Pkhex updates may not be as frequent as wondercard updates.

I vaguely remember Kaphotics mentioning there's a way to import wondercards into the hack checks,

I just can't remember how, specifically.

i know they are cheat...i mean..legal for pkhex.

yes,but since pkhex in not update for volcanion event is normal he still count as a cheat right?

You can put the wondercards in a "wc6" folder in the same directory as pkhex.exe to update the legality check manually. If I recall correctly, there's also a way to export all wc6s included in pkhex in that folder.

(Sorry, wrong quote)

You can put the wondercards in a "wc6" folder in the same directory as pkhex.exe to update the legality check manually. If I recall correctly, there's also a way to export all wc6s included in pkhex in that folder.

(Sorry, wrong quote)

can u explain better how to do that? i not see any option in pkhex for update manually..i have created a folder named wc6 were the exe is and i putted in the wc6 file of volcanion.