General Events Help, FAQ and Discussion Thread

Ahito95

Still Missig events: Pokémon Expo Gym Event (4 Wc6- 19/11 7/12) and Pokémon Lab Event - Special Distribution (3 Wc6 23/12 6/3)

Will come soon: Pokémon Center - Mega Event Distribution (5 Wc6 1/1), Pokémon Center Hiroshima - Repeat Event and Pokémon Virtual Console Mew (1 Wc6 27/2)

• 4 weeks later...

If you need to extract a .wc6 from your save file (not sure if I understood your question correctly), load your save file in PKHeX, click on WonderCard, right click on the event you want to export->Load, then click Output .wc6. Zip the files you want to upload and upload them where you want, you can do this directly on this site by using the Manage Attachments option.

If you need to extract a .wc6 from your save file (not sure if I understood your question correctly), load your save file in PKHeX, click on WonderCard, right click on the event you want to export->Load, then click Output .wc6. Zip the files you want to upload and upload them where you want, you can do this directly on this site by using the Manage Attachments option.

where can I find the save file from OR/AS if I have the eShop version?

It's very simple actually, if your console firmware is between 9.0 and 10.3 and your 3DS browser works you just need to download some files in your SD card and scan a QR code, it's easier than gen 4/5 in my opinion.

Go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ for more info :)

Thank You! This step is done!

only one Problem, the Homebrew Launcher menu has only these Apps:

- CHMM2

- eShop

- eShop I

- HANS

- Tacking Demo

- Ironhax installer

- menuhax

- mGBA

- prboom

- Region free

- Screen tool

- Sploit installer

- Super Brony turbo....

nothing for Backup or addind a savefile....(It looks this is a old version? -> 1.1.0)

EDIT:

I added a Save Manager, but when I start it I get a Red Touchscreen

I always forget that those programs aren't included in the starter kit :P

Save Manager: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f23b456bdp6p1vk/save_manager_%28with_smdh%29.zip

svdt: https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases (you have to download the svdt.3dsx/smdh/xml and asr.dat files, put them in a folder called svdt and then put the svdt folder in the 3ds folder in your SD card)

As you have an eShop game, I think svdt is safer.

When you start svdt, the program automatically makes a backup of your save file in the svdt/GameName/YearMonthDay_HourMinuteSecond folder (at least for me). XY/ORAS save files are named "main".

• 2 weeks later...

I have some doubts about events and Wonder Cards, I hope I can make them in this thread. If not, could someone kindly tell me where I can read about it?

I have two Japanese 3DS and all my games are retail ones. How can I inject Wonder Cards into them? Can I do it without buying any hardware? If not, which is the best/safest?

Are the Wonder Cards in here legit and trustworthy? Can they be considered as the events themselves (random stats, random gender, random nature, when applicable, etc)?

I just want to get the events and have the peace of mind that I'm getting the real deal just not actually getting the serial codes or buying the merchandise for it. I don't care about editing or creating pokemon.

Hello, I have been searching on injecting wondercards, and basically I know how to inject a wondercard through PKHex and consequently Homebrew.

I have two questions:

1. Can a US Pokemon game be injected with a Japanese Wondercard? Like I have US Omega Ruby,, and I want to inject the JAPANESE Zygarde Event. Is it possible to receive it?

2. I was wondering if I used a modified wondercard,, and i would like to use an unmodified one again.. is it possible to change the wondercard and receive the pokemon again? (If yes, I will search on youtube how) :)

Thanks!

I have two Japanese 3DS and all my games are retail ones.

How can I inject Wonder Cards into them? Can I do it without buying any hardware?

One of the best ways is to use software on 3DS to extract your save files. (using a CFW)

If 3DS is 10.4 and above, risky downgrade, still being tested: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-hardmod-users-only-an-untested-downgrade-of-native_firm-from-10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/

so if 3DS is between 9.3 to 10.3, you need to downgrade (risky, and extra step for Japanese units, I think) : https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

If your 3DS is 9.2 and below, simply do CFW!: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/

There is a lot more guides on gbaTEMP.net, in case you get confused.

Once you gotten a stable CFW (I'll recommend NTR or RXtools),

you need to get a .cia version of Savedatafiler. (.cia is basically a file you install on your 3DS, like eshop games. they'll appear on your home page.)

Using savedatafiler, you can freely extract and inject your save file.

Which your savefile can be edited with Pkhex.

So injection of Wondercards is done using Pkhex.

Are the Wonder Cards in here legit and trustworthy?

All wondercards are vetted through upon submission.

Modified wondercards done with WC6 editor can be seen, among other things.

also, many users submit photographic proof when they submit, so they're mostly legal.

If any faked ones got through the cracks, it's because it was probably made as good as the real deal. (which in coding terms, sometimes there's no difference)

[Note: Legit refers to a situation where nothing is tempered with. The moment your extract the data from the game, which is unintended by the game developers, its not longer legit, hence legal]

Can they be considered as the events themselves (random stats, random gender, random nature, when applicable, etc)?

For personal use, yes.

However, different communities may disagree. For example, I think on reddit, /r/pokemontrades treats these as clones, hence treats them as illegal.

So you probably should specify, if you're using it for trading of battling.

I just want to get the events and have the peace of mind that I'm getting the real deal just not actually getting the serial codes or buying the merchandise for it. I don't care about editing or creating pokemon.

It's good to share, and have people who share :)

We take Pokemon very seriously here. Probably too seriously.

1. Can a US Pokemon game be injected with a Japanese Wondercard? Like I have US Omega Ruby,, and I want to inject the JAPANESE Zygarde Event. Is it possible to receive it?

In your specific scenario, it would have been impossible for your game to receive the wondercard, because the serial code can have region locks on it. (the Zygarde is a serial code event)

While it is possible to inject the wondercard using Pkhex, it'll be technically an illegal Pokemon, because it's received region (not language, region) would show US, and what part of US.

That can however, be rectified using Pkhex.

2. I was wondering if I used a modified wondercard,, and i would like to use an unmodified one again.. is it possible to change the wondercard and receive the pokemon again? (If yes, I will search on youtube how) :)

Regardless whether is it a modified or unmodified wondercard, theres two things you need to know:

1. The game will change the status on the wondercard to "Used"

2. The game also stores the fact that you received the wondercard.

To my understanding, you simply have to change the Used to unused.

One of the best ways is to use software on 3DS to extract your save files. (using a CFW)

If 3DS is 10.4 and above, risky downgrade, still being tested: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-hardmod-users-only-an-untested-downgrade-of-native_firm-from-10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/

so if 3DS is between 9.3 to 10.3, you need to downgrade (risky, and extra step for Japanese units, I think) : https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

If your 3DS is 9.2 and below, simply do CFW!: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/

There is a lot more guides on gbaTEMP.net, in case you get confused.

Once you gotten a stable CFW (I'll recommend NTR or RXtools),

you need to get a .cia version of Savedatafiler. (.cia is basically a file you install on your 3DS, like eshop games. they'll appear on your home page.)

Using savedatafiler, you can freely extract and inject your save file.

Which your savefile can be edited with Pkhex.

So injection of Wondercards is done using Pkhex.

Thanks for replying :) I'm kinda afraid of attempting to downgrade it, though. One of my 3DS is 10.5 and the other is 10.3 so I'm not comfortable with tampering with them if there's some kind of risk involved. If I were to buy some hardware like we had for Gen 4 and 5 could I still extract and inject my save file safely?

I were to buy some hardware like we had for Gen 4 and 5 could I still extract and inject my save file safely?

If I had to choose, I'll say that your 10.3 unit has a high chance of downgrading properly, provided you follow the instructions properly.

Also as far as I know, I think the only device that *might* allow save file extraction and injection,

Is CYBER SAVE EDITOR (or whatever the name was), which only works for Japanese units.

Whether does it still work, you probably need to search for that information.

Edit:

The first post of Pkhex mentions it too: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36986-PKHeX-(Gen-6-SAV-PKX-Editor)&p=180425&viewfull=1#post180425

@Yungerer

@Yungerer

You literally only need homebrew access if you want to extract/inject your save file. Downgrading and setting up CFW is a lot of unnecessary steps and complication if all you want to do is save edit.

Since you can still run homebrew on current firmware, all you need to do is go to smealum's homebrew page, download the starter kit, then access browserhax temporarily so you can set up the more permanent menuhax. Use "svdt" to extract/inject your save files.

@Yungerer

@Yungerer

You literally only need homebrew access if you want to extract/inject your save file. Downgrading and setting up CFW is a lot of unnecessary steps and complication if all you want to do is save edit.

Since you can still run homebrew on current firmware, all you need to do is go to smealum's homebrew page, download the starter kit, then access browserhax temporarily so you can set up the more permanent menuhax. Use "svdt" to extract/inject your save files.

Oh, I didn't know that svdt works without userland.

Well in that case, you're right!

Though is home brew accessible above 10.5?

@Yungerer

@Yungerer

Yes, I just wanna inject Wonder Cards. Thanks, I'm gonna read about it and probably try it :)

Thank you both!

Though is home brew accessible above 10.5?

10.5 is the current firmware.

And given the track record, homebrew will likely continue to work on later firmwares. Of course, Nintendo patches browser/menuhax every update, but yellows8 always gets it working again fairly quickly. Unfortunate Nintendo finally killed ironhax though.

Just wanted to report back. I tried homebrew and it worked and could inject the Wondercards and collect the pokemon. There was a problem though, because my 3ds was 10.3 and I updated it and now it just shows a black screen when I turn it on. If I remove the SD card, it boots up normally. Any way to fix this?

How do I do that if I can't access anything? And isn't the latest version 2.2?

EDIT: I backed up the SD card, reformatted it and copied the original folders back. It's back to normal now :) I want to test browsehax again with the 10.5 version but I don't have enough space to backup my card again so I'll do it another time.

Thanks again for all your help.

Edited by Yungerer