One-way Trades?!

ThatAnArchyDude

Who do I ask about why I can't trade any Pokemon once I use PKHex?

Because that just started happening after the February 17th maintenance.

I have been having to reload my previous gamesave from PowerSaves just to trade ANYTHING, but I can't trade hardly any Pokemon I make with PKHex anymore...even ones that WERE going through.

This especially happens to Pokemon I receive in trades via WiFi.

I can receive them, but I can't even trade them right back to the person I got them from...even within the same trade session.

This is causing me some serious issues.

I can't finish my Pokedex because I can't trade anything people want, even if I caught it myself, and I can't trade back with trusting friends whom are starting to wonder if they'll ever get their Pokemon back.

This is only happening on the gamesave I use with PKHex.

These Pokémon trade fine from any other game...once I trade them to it through Local Wireless, but I do not often have access to my wife's game/3DS in order to do this, and I'd rather trade them from MY game.

Can anyone help?

I'll supply my .bins, if that will help.

Can you trade anything at all? If you catch a Pokémon in-game, can you trade that? Or is it just fake Pokémon you're having trouble with?

That's just it.

I can't trade ANY Pokémon I obtain in ANY way...once I've used PKHex.

I never had this problem until after the February 17th maintenance PGL was talking about.

Any Pokémon I obtained in any way, after I got my HA Tyrunt from them, will not trade...except that Tyrunt, but I'd kinda like to keep him.

I asked about this in a Ram2Sav forum, but was told they couldn't help me because I'm thr only Ram2Sav user experiencing this problem.

They insisted PKHex or the way I'm using it is to blame, but I'm using it the same way I have been for over two months, and I'm only just now having this problem.

I can't even Wonder Trade a Pokémon I just recieved in a Wonder Trade.

Couldn't you export all your pokemon with Ram2sav and start over? It seems something that affected your cartridge, perhaps a new savegame will fix it. This way all your pokemon are safe, and it doesn't take more than 29 hours (at least for me) to finish the game, including Delta Episode. I can't remember if this happened during their January maintenance, but I lost a Genesect when depositing in Box 1 slot 30 in Pokemon Bank. It had to happen during that maintenance day because their response was that they don't delete pokemon from the Bank. I did the saving and everything, so it definitely wasn't a quitting without saving ordeal. Did you do a game sync at February 17? Maybe that's what messed up your cartridge (along with using ramsav injection).

All this is speculation, the only solution I can come up with is starting over.

I tried the new game idea.

Same problem.

I did accidentally do a Game Sync.

Maybe unregistering the cartridge on PGL, and starting over would work?

However, can I reregister the same game on the same account later?

Because I rather enjoy the online competition prizes...as do the people I trade with ^_^

It wouldn't hurt to try. I don't know about re-registering though.

I fixed it.

It appears the PGL's HA Tyrunt was a big part of the problem.

I reloaded a gamesave (via that otherwise evil PowerSaves), and had no problems.

It wasn't until I re-injected my PGL HA Tyrunt Wonder Card from my actual authentic original PGL HA Tyrunt Wonder Card that this problem reappeared.

Since I exported the actual Wonder Card (and therefore imported the actual Wonder Card), this problem may also be stemming from PKHex's Wonder Card system...maybe only when using that specific Wonder Card.

My guess is that they REALLY do not want that Pokémon mass-duped/mass-cloned.

^_^

Anywho, I am by no means knocking PKHex and/or Ram2Sav's Web Export/inject method.

However, I hope this little fiasco of mine will at least encourage others to be EXTREMELY careful when using utilities such as these.

This can be quite fun and/or rewarding, but it is definitely a very serious activity with very serious consequences if not executed properly.

I was lucky this time, but if I'm not more cateful in the future...

Just...be careful.

Anyone using these services should fully understand how they work or at least understand the risks involved.

Wasn't the serial code for the HA Tyrunt unique? Perhaps the Wonder Card is somehow tied to the code, so the PGL can detect duplicates?

Have you tried cloning just the Pokemon instead of re-injecting the Wonder Card?

This post scared me as I re-injected my wondercard of the Tyrunt, as I accidentally rsavout the data and rsavin without realizing I didn't reset after claiming a Tyrunt. After two wifi trades with myself, everything seemed fine. So I think his deal had to do with game syncing, maybe after he received the Tyrunt. When he reinjected the wondercard, that probably jiggled something as his PGL account already registered that he claimed the event. Speculation on my part.

Yes. Exactly.

I did not "clone" the Tyrunt because I was afraid that would cause invalid flags.

So, I reused the Wonder Card.

As I stated earlier, I DID accidentally Game Sync, and my connection cutoff in the middle of the Game Sync.

However, I did not do this on the other game, and it began experiencing the same one-way trade problem after trading with the first game.

So...it's something contagious.

I reloaded gamesaves for BOTH cartridges from back before the problem arose, and have not encountered the issue again.

However, I have yet to try to get my HA Tyrunt back as I don't trust it anymore. ^_^

I suggest just cloning the Tyrunt. Even though the serial codes are unique, everyone is getting the same Tyrunt (minus some possible RNG on IVs or whatever, but that doesn't matter). So cloning the Tyrunt itself seems more valid than redeeming a Wonder Card twice. It would be just like going to one of those sites that host pk6 files for event Pokemon and downloading one of those - I don't think anyone's had a problem with any of those in terms of trading, the Bank, etc. (Or at least I haven't - I could be wrong).

But reusing Wonder Cards definitely seems like something that Nintendo could easily check for. They could just as easily check for exact clones of Event Pokemon, but these can also naturally occur due to RNG and the nature of Event Pokemon, so it's not something they can take any actions against.

Yeah.

My logic in reusing the Wonder Card was a bit flawed to begin with.

I was worried that only redeeming the Wonder Card once, but having multiple HA Tyrunts would cause some...alarm.

I had not taken into account that I could have received them from other people via Local Wireless.

I always forget about Local Wireless because there is no one near me to trade locally with anyway.

That's more likely than redeeming the same one-time-use Wonder Card...more than once.

I kinda borked myself over there.

At least I got it fixed, and my Pokemon collection has grown even richer now...and I can trade them all via WiFi.

^_^