What is the problem with PKHex and ' ?

supercarotte

Hello,

I noticed that using the ' character (the one under numer 4 on AZERTY keyboard) in PKHEX's nickname/DO/Last trainer fields ALWAYS results in my pokemon not being accepted in wifi battles.

PLEASE NOTE, that I use wifi battles as a way to test my pokemons, that I create for research/collection purposes only. I don't intend to use any of them online!

I used PKHex to modify the nickname of legal pokemons to include this character, and suddenly they are unusable for wifi battles.

However, 3DS is still able to read it as its nickname displays properly.

Is this a know bug or did I screw something up? Is there any keyboard trick to get any ' equivalent that I could try?

EDIT: Here is a sample file which does not work as is (MEGA link), but works if just renamed to "FlyingBanana". I also had a grumpig with HANA' as OT, changing it to HANA solved the problem (I don't have the file anymore though)

Thanks for your help.

(research for ' didn't get me anything but 'm not sure it worked well)

PROBLEM SOLVED: Although 3DS systems recognize ' character, it cannot be selected via its "keyboard" that's why it isn't considered legit. Correct character corresponds to Alt+0146 combo on an AZERTY keyboard (or copy-paste this: ’ ).

(Would it be possible to add it to the "special characters" box?)

Edited by supercarotte
Problem solved