FullLifeGames

Mass Editor for all PKHeX supported files (Gen 7 Support!)

This program is a mass editor for every Pokémon file you can open or create with PKHeX, so that you don't have to do it for several Pokémon manually.

Originally this idea came up here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44675-PKM-mass-editor and got then realized by me :)

But let's show pictures and not words:

Mass Editor.PNG

It's really simple:

• You just drag and drop the folders or files that should be edited into the free space
  • Click on the changes you want to apply and configure it as much as you want
  • After you configured everything the way you want it, you just click the big "Mass Edit" button and your Pokémon have been edited

Since "Manage Attachments" won't work for me, here is the download link: https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Mass-Editor/blob/master/bin/Release/Mass%20Editor.exe?raw=true

(Here is the download link for the Gen 6 version: https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Mass-Editor/blob/master/bin/Release/Gen 6 Mass Editor.exe)

How does this work?:

Thanks to vinnycl for supporting and testing and credits to SunWukong for the idea!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great program dude! :)

Tested w/ 900 files. Works pretty well and fast.

Sharing all my friends this topic.

Very nice job. Very useful tool.

Thank you!

I owe you a beer. ;)

Thanks for all your support and congrats to 100 posts ;) (Give me that beer :P)
exactly what i was looking for thanks a lot!!!!
Glad I could help you :)

Question for FullLifeGames:

I used a ram save to export box data in pkhex, next I opened all those pk6 files in mass editor (there are 257 files) and upon attempting to make my edits I get this:

3d8ea94608.jpg

Most likely a bug in the C# code :\ Was really looking forward to using it.

Edit: spoiler with exception report below

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '13' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

at PKHeX.Form1.setCountrySubRegion(Object sender, String type)

at PKHeX.Form1.updateCountry(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at PKHeX.Form1.ChangeIt(String s)

at PKHeX.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at PKHeX.OverForm.B_Mass_Edit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Mass Editor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jeroen/Desktop/Mass%20Editor.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitdebugging="true">

</system.windows.forms></configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edit 2: I have disabled altering the country of origin and now it did work. I guess mass editor doesn't like my sub region, might be due to the space between "south" and "holland"

Put it in SPOILER, because it's so huge:

Question for FullLifeGames:

I used a ram save to export box data in pkhex, next I opened all those pk6 files in mass editor (there are 257 files) and upon attempting to make my edits I get this:

3d8ea94608.jpg

Most likely a bug in the C# code :\ Was really looking forward to using it.

Edit: spoiler with exception report below

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '13' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

at PKHeX.Form1.setCountrySubRegion(Object sender, String type)

at PKHeX.Form1.updateCountry(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at PKHeX.Form1.ChangeIt(String s)

at PKHeX.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at PKHeX.OverForm.B_Mass_Edit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

Mass Editor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jeroen/Desktop/Mass%20Editor.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitdebugging="true">

</system.windows.forms></configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edit 2: I have disabled altering the country of origin and now it did work. I guess mass editor doesn't like my sub region, might be due to the space between "south" and "holland"

My original answer:

This is really interesting, since I can't reproduce it 0.o

For me everything works fine with South Holland and I can't really explain the 13 0.o

Can you please send me via a PM the version of the Mass Editor you used and the .pk6 file, so I can fix it? (And please try it again)

Edit: I fixed a bug that some Illegal Arguments like selecting Tokyo without selecting Japan were possible. Maybe this was the same problem as yours. Please update your version and tell me then, if it got fixed :)

(The new version: https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Mass-Editor/blob/master/bin/Release/Mass%20Editor.exe?raw=true)

Hi!

Just wanted to say that this software is very useful. But I would like to know if I could make a request in order to improve the software and make it a bit more random?

It would be to randomize the Met Date(not egg) to a specific closed interval, say from Jan 10th 2015 to Feb 13th 2015, and have it pick any date in the closed interval. Then have a check-box to always match the egg hatch date to the Met Date. I believe it would be a very useful feature and should not be too difficult to implement.

Thank you for the software!

Reply quote from FullLifeGames in spoiler to save space:

My original answer:

This is really interesting, since I can't reproduce it 0.o

For me everything works fine with South Holland and I can't really explain the 13 0.o

Can you please send me via a PM the version of the Mass Editor you used and the .pk6 file, so I can fix it? (And please try it again)

Edit: I fixed a bug that some Illegal Arguments like selecting Tokyo without selecting Japan were possible. Maybe this was the same problem as yours. Please update your version and tell me then, if it got fixed :)

(The new version: https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Mass-Editor/blob/master/bin/Release/Mass%20Editor.exe?raw=true)

Just got the new version you linked and dumped all the pokemon from my game (411 pk6 files) again. Dragged them in Mass Editor and set it to only change the country of origin. I then get this error. It's quite hard to determine which file it is, but I'll try around a bit and see if I can pinpoint it. Will edit when I find the file.

Screenshot in spoiler:

1215d1fc73.jpg

Edit: ooookk..... That's a multitude of files.... When I press "ok" it just keeps giving error upon error upon error until it jumps to "not responding" and just crashes.

Edit 2: Generated a drophox sharing link to my "db" folder which includes all the by pkhex dumped pk6 files. Whilst so many files it's barely anything in size anyway. Click here to go to said folder

Reply quote from FullLifeGames in spoiler to save space:

Just got the new version you linked and dumped all the pokemon from my game (411 pk6 files) again. Dragged them in Mass Editor and set it to only change the country of origin. I then get this error. It's quite hard to determine which file it is, but I'll try around a bit and see if I can pinpoint it. Will edit when I find the file.

Screenshot in spoiler:

1215d1fc73.jpg

Edit: ooookk..... That's a multitude of files.... When I press "ok" it just keeps giving error upon error upon error until it jumps to "not responding" and just crashes.

Edit 2: Generated a drophox sharing link to my "db" folder which includes all the by pkhex dumped pk6 files. Whilst so many files it's barely anything in size anyway. Click here to go to said folder

I fixed your bug. Thanks for telling me, it was actually a problem with the PKHeX version I'm using with this program.

Here the changes for the new version:

- fixed a bug in PKHeX, where the SelectedIndex could be out of range

- implemented Threading, so that the UI Thread doesn't freeze and the Progressbar gets updated

Hi!

Just wanted to say that this software is very useful. But I would like to know if I could make a request in order to improve the software and make it a bit more random?

It would be to randomize the Met Date(not egg) to a specific closed interval, say from Jan 10th 2015 to Feb 13th 2015, and have it pick any date in the closed interval. Then have a check-box to always match the egg hatch date to the Met Date. I believe it would be a very useful feature and should not be too difficult to implement.

Thank you for the software!

This sounds like a cool idea, I will probably implement it next time. Keep an eye on the changes and thanks for the feedback :)

uh how do you export the files after you've edited them?
Export to what? This tool automatically overwrites your old files. If you don't want this, make a backup or check the option for .bak files, so it makes the backup for you.
Just remember to update link on description if anything changes :)

This might be an fixed topic! :)

I'm updating description on my topic to use your tool.

GJ (y)

Thanks

As long as I update my Github the link in the OP should be always the newest version. Thanks :)

Export to what? This tool automatically overwrites your old files. If you don't want this, make a backup or check the option for .bak files, so it makes the backup for you.

thanks for replying. the problem is my pokemon files are in .pkm format instead of the .pk6. i change the .pkm files to .pk6 but nothing happens; the format doesn't seem to change or recognize it. when i upload .pk6 files to the editor, it works flawlessly... any thoughts? i mean how can i change my .pkm to .pk6? renaming them doesn't seem to do anything... :( thanks for your help so far!

edit: got it to work. i did some fancy stuff hehe... thanks again for the program! you rock!

In reply to PokePenis (odd name btw...)

thanks for replying. the problem is my pokemon files are in .pkm format instead of the .pk6. i change the .pkm files to .pk6 but nothing happens; the format doesn't seem to change or recognize it. when i upload .pk6 files to the editor, it works flawlessly... any thoughts? i mean how can i change my .pkm to .pk6? renaming them doesn't seem to do anything... :( thanks for your help so far!

edit: got it to work. i did some fancy stuff hehe... thanks again for the program! you rock!

.pkm isn't even applicable anymore... It was the format for gen4/5 pokemon made in pokegen. Pkhex either exports as pk6 or ek6, they are completely different file structures.

In reply to PokePenis (odd name btw...)

.pkm isn't even applicable anymore... It was the format for gen4/5 pokemon made in pokegen. Pkhex either exports as pk6 or ek6, they are completely different file structures.

oh i never knew that... yeah what i have to do is open the pkm files with pkhex and then save it as pk.6 it's a pain in the ass because i have to do it individually... unless i can find a database with all pokemon in pk.6 format... i have a database of a bunch of battle ready pokemon in pk.6 but thats about it :( so I can't really use mass edit :S any thoughts?

edit: i found it! i found all pk.6 pokemon in the correct format. now i can mass edit them!

And would I be able to use my pcdata.bin file on this editor without any errors as well?

I haven't tested pcdata, but I can tell that a ramsav.bin /does not/ work.

If this is a box, well then probably not, since it just works with single pokemon files atm. But this is something I could try to implement.

Did you update to box PCedit support?

Awesome editor. The only thing I wish it had would be a function to reset all IVS and EVS to zero.

Edit: never mind, I could get it to do what I wanted. Thanks for sharing the source.

Edited by Cybore