Characteristics bug?

Yangbo

I noticed that with the new PKHex the right characteristics should be display however I don't think this is the case.

For example

I tried to gen a pokemon from scratch (Initial PID is 0x0) with all 0 IVs and the characteristic Love to Eat

I rerolled the PID to 0x829BC31A with the same IVs and the result is the same characteristic, however

0x829BC31A mod 6 should be 2, which should display Defense and it also shows the 'wrong' characteristic in game.

After further testing, the PID used for the characteristic is always that of the default/original (0x0 from scratch) and not the current PID

Because of this, I was able to generate two pokemon with the same PID and IV but display different characteristics, but I'm not sure if this is suppose to be the case.

Also I have a few follow up questions

#1 Does the PID affect the gender of the pokemon? Currently I know it changes the shininess and characteristics but not nature or IV

#2 Can two different species of pokemon have the same PID or do different species have a set range of PIDs?

#3 For in game event pokemon with 3 IVs (Latios/as, Cosplay Pikachu) Does the PID still apply to the characteristics?

---- I ask because I caught a "Clean" Latias with the PID value of 0x1554EBB3 (3 after mod 6) but instead of displaying speed, it displays S.Def which is 4.

I too have noticed a Characteristics bug as anything I have genned with 5IV's shows the characteristics as Loves to take plenty of siestas where this should really be any one of the MAX IV characteristics, is there a way to manually change characteristics or is this a bug?

Characteristics are based off the encryption constant, not the PID.

Previous threads brought up this issue while the PID was used to calculate.

Oh right I did have a look but only read up that it was used to change Spinda, I will have a little play with it now. Thanks for all the support Kaphotics!