pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

My sons asked me to load this randomizer for them and I have some basic questions. I tried to search for the answer but maybe my question is too broad.

The main concern I have is: Does the handhold console need to be connected to the computer at all times to play with the "random" game file? or once the edit has been applied they can play wire free?

I'm still not sure about the "how to" in applying this program to their various Pokemon games. Any advice would be appreciated.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Also accounting for what the gentlemen above me said, you could also just download SharpDevelop to compile the source if you want to get around the huge visual studio size requirements. I would upload the compiled source but I lack the permissions, sorry.

I 've been trying to use sharp develop to compile pk3DS but it gives me this error:

Unexpected character '$' (CS1056) - C:\Users\sjest\Downloads\pk3DS-master\pk3DS-master\pk3DS\3DS\CRO.cs:95,21

Guest Lurking Yoshi

Hi there. I have been using this program for a while now. And it's very useful.

Unfortunately, I have had some problems with it.

Maybe it's just my computer and maybe the chances of it happening are very slim.

However, there was an instance on my computer, where the saving process failed and corrupted the data.

And pk3ds would crash when trying to open up the corrupted file (in my case Personal Data).

Which forced me to replace the file with the original one, killing all the work of editing Pokemon Stats one-by-one.

Very frustrating to say the least.

Maybe it's not worth it at this point, but personally I would love the option to Export and Import Data via txt-files.

Like it is done with the Story/Game Text-Data, but with everything else. (Or least the big lists.)

A txt-file is much easier to save and less likely to corrupt.

(The fact that the program only saves when exiting, is kinda inconvenient at times, now that I think about it.)

In any case, I would be very grateful for the option to re-import txt-dumps.

I would find it very useful. As someone who wants to edit each and every Pokemon's Personal Stats one-by-one, rather than just randomizing them.

(And Txt Dumps of Personal Data don't include TM/HM/Tutor Compatibility. Just mentioning...)

I'm also trying to compile pk3DS with SharpDevelop but I get this error message:

The OutputPath property is not set for project 'pk3DS.csproj'. Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration='Debug' Platform='AnyCPU'. This error may also appear if some other project is trying to follow a project-to-project reference to this project, this project has been unloaded or is not included in the solution, and the referencing project does not build using the same or an equivalent Configuration or Platform.

How do i fix this?

While you're adding new features, would you consider adding an auto sort button/feature to the level up move editor? Right now if you want to add a move to the middle of a learnset, you have to add all the moves after it again if you want the text dump (and move reminder) to list the moves in order. It's not a big deal, but it'd be a nice extra feature to have.

Regardless, this tool is amazing; by far the best ROM hacking tool I've used. Thanks for all your hard work on it!

Dear Developers of Pk3ds.

I'm trying to use the files SciresM provided for pk3ds to support Gen 7, however no matter how many times I try it never works. I don't know if its my pk3ds or is it just the rom? I'm gonna attempt to do it again with my physical copy of Moon, to see if its not my pk3ds I tried ORAS and everything functioned normally, Sun however..... gave me constant error messages, I tried editing Reds team but it wouldn't save and pk3ds just keeps crashing?!

I just want to know if there is going to be an updated version when the game releases?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the great toolkit. However I do have one question. The type chart tool is not showing the last line containing Fairy types in either the released version (where the clicking area is not big enough and I cannot zoom nor pan) or the latest version compiled from HEAD (where the entire chart is wrongly zoomed out to only fill part of the clicking area). How can I fix this because I am currently working on a type chart edited hack. Thank you!

Edit: to make it more clear, I'm using Windows 10 and have installed VS2015 (to compile HEAD of course).

Edited by ithilelda
add more info to make my question clearer