pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Would it be possible to add a type effectiveness editor and play with a different type chart? I'd like to adjust it in a way that gives all types the exact same number of strengths and weaknesses - and see whether it feels more balanced or just ridiculous.

Also @Asia81 (up), the links in Your signature don't work. Which is a shame, I'm interested in those tutorials.

Would it be possible to add a type effectiveness editor and play with a different type chart? I'd like to adjust it in a way that gives all types the exact same number of strengths and weaknesses - and see whether it feels more balanced or just ridiculous.

Also @Asia81 (up), the links in Your signature don't work. Which is a shame, I'm interested in those tutorials.

Already exists in the CRO editing tools. Games with edited CRO files can only be played with custom firmware that has RO module patches.

If the latest release doesn't have it, recompile from source.

Btw, I tried CRO edit (Starter + Static Pokémon)

I changed the 3 first starters by Diancie, Hoopa et Volcanion

I also edited the first static pokemon (Poochyena -> Lucario)

Then I rebuild CRO in pk3DS (Rebuild -> CRO), and rebuild the CIA using my own tutorial, but once Birch end his monologue, I have a blackscreen

And I'm using the latest Lma3DS with A9LH on Sys11

So what I'm doing wrong?

Hey I am just wondering, does the new up to date Pk3DS allow us to edit legendaries? I am wondering if its possible to add in missing legendaries from XY to ORAS?

Thanks

You cannot ADD stationary encounters, only change existing ones.

I made some edits in CRO (Starters + Static).

In pk3DS, all seems to be OK, but when I start the game, I see the originals starters + Poochyena, not Rayquaza

1467313035-1.png

1467313035-2.png

I'm using the Latest Luma3DS, so again, what I'm doing wrong?

I know the RH work because I also made some edit and I see them (3D overworld switch).

And if I remove the update, the game make a loop on the 3ds logo

So... I looked into it quite a lot and it would seem that at the moment there is absolutely no known way to play a CIA-edited game on a 11.0.33 console without messing with the hardware (in order to downgrade in order to install custom firmware). Is this correct? Or did I miss some weird possibility?

So... I looked into it quite a lot and it would seem that at the moment there is absolutely no known way to play a CIA-edited game on a 11.0.33 console without messing with the hardware (in order to downgrade in order to install custom firmware). Is this correct? Or did I miss some weird possibility?

I think you can still use HANS if you have an exploitable game. If not, and if you want to play an edited CIA, your options are waiting for another kernal exploit (could be tomorrow, could be never), or getting a hard mod. If you have lots of soldering experience, there are guides out there on how to do it. If not, you can pay a hard modder to do it for you. See here for a list of hard modders.

Sorry for double-posting but something came to mind - would it be possible, at all, to - instead of changing the type chart in the DllBattle.cro file - add special type-effectiveness to moves? Flying Press and Freeze-Dry, for example, clearly work differently - would it be possible to freely adjust the effectiveness of other moves? Or are those exceptions impossible to replicate in any way?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to edit the game to allow multiple mega evolutions in battle, and if there is what files(s) do I have to edit.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, reverse engineer the battle engine first (DllBattle.cro).

First of all I would like to say thank you "Kaphotics" for creating such an amazing tool "PK3ds" and secondly thank you for replying so quickly to my question. Apologizes for asking this noob question, but how would I go about "reverse engineering (dllbattle.cro)?"