pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

No. You need to access homebrew and use HANS.

So if you use Cubic Ninja and put Homebrew on there, and have HANS in the list of programs, can you use Sky3DS then? And if so how do you do it? I have the original Y cartridge and a Sky3DS but not a Gateway. I'm just trying to figure out if the ONLY way to use Randomized ROMs is still Gateway, and yes I know it was originally but I don't know if it still is.

I still don't know how to edit exefs. I get that I have to rename the code.bin to .code.bin and I've already done that, I've placed the exefs folder into another folder done all that, whatever I do, I can't seem to get it to work.

When using with hans, the exefs need to be .code not .code.bin. Also the romfs need to be .romfs not .romfs.bin. This could well be your problem if you are loading with hans.

So if you use Cubic Ninja and put Homebrew on there, and have HANS in the list of programs, can you use Sky3DS then? And if so how do you do it? I have the original Y cartridge and a Sky3DS but not a Gateway. I'm just trying to figure out if the ONLY way to use Randomized ROMs is still Gateway, and yes I know it was originally but I don't know if it still is.

You can play actual randomized roms on gateway or using custom firmware. Using hans and homebrew all you need is an actual cartridge of a game. I am unsure whether hans works with sky3ds but I would assume it would if you have a dumped legitimate .3ds file on it.

You can play actual randomized roms on gateway or using custom firmware. Using hans and homebrew all you need is an actual cartridge of a game. I am unsure whether hans works with sky3ds but I would assume it would if you have a dumped legitimate .3ds file on it.

So once I dump the cartridge, how do I set it up to play? I'm dumping my Y now (taking forever mind you, good god its been going since last night) using braindump, and I have NO clue how to set it up to use the cartridge. Or if I can put the ROM on my Sky3DS and just use it on there. I don't know if it'll work there cuz apparently Sky3DS is quite picky.

hey thanks for all the help a while ago, i finished an xy hack that ran perfectly. i'm trying the same with oras but got a weird error

i tried two different dumps, and i get the same error after trying to run it on my 3ds. 'an error has occurred' black screen, that tells me to reset my 3ds etc etc. any idea as to why?

No. You need to access homebrew and use HANS.

Well, actually you can, but you need signature patched (so cfw) then the rom can be played on the Sky3DS+.

You need also to included the update and manual partitions

When I try to use the personal editor pk3ds crashes and just says pk3ds.exe has stopped working. Any way to fix this?

Did you unblock the zip before extracting it?

If not, use Right-Click -> Properties -> General -> Security -> Unblock.

1466820080-removewarningscreen.png

It would be possible to remove the warning message on this folder structure?

Because "I guess" a lot of users are using my script to extract to 3DS/CIA roms, and it extract like that. It's not unnecessary files.

When I open the script editor:

GARC Get: encdata @ \a\0\1\3... Success!

GARC Get: storytext @ \a\0\8\2... Success!

GARC Get: mapGR @ \a\0\3\9... Success!

GARC Get: mapMatrix @ \a\0\4\0... Success!

I edited a script in the NPC tab, I closed the windows and:

GARC Set: encdata @ \a\0\1\3... Success!

Only the encdatas are saved, it's normal?

When I open the script editor:

GARC Get: encdata @ \a\0\1\3... Success!

GARC Get: storytext @ \a\0\8\2... Success!

GARC Get: mapGR @ \a\0\3\9... Success!

GARC Get: mapMatrix @ \a\0\4\0... Success!

I edited a script in the NPC tab, I closed the windows and:

GARC Set: encdata @ \a\0\1\3... Success!

Only the encdatas are saved, it's normal?

Correct.

https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/blob/master/pk3DS/Main.cs#L478-L492

Well, I don't understand exactly your answer.

Your correct mean you have fixed something and I need to build pk3DS from source including the latest commits, or your correct answer my question "It's normal?" ?

If it's normal, how can I save them then?

Well, I don't understand exactly your answer.

Your correct mean you have fixed something and I need to build pk3DS from source including the latest commits, or your correct answer my question "It's normal?" ?

If it's normal, how can I save them then?

Nothing in those is modified as there's other unknown checksum/signatures associated which are not yet known.

It's only supposed to set back encdata.