pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

alright, thanks.

last question from me is: how do i make sure the gym leader will mega evolve in a battle? do i change the form to mega in the trainer editor? or do i have to give it the mega stone?

Have the Pokemon hold its mega stone and make sure the AI is of the value where it knows how to use a mega (just make it the same as the elite 4).

my bad, i said that was my last but i'm not sure how the mart editor works?

i wanted to make mega stones buyable at a certain point, but it doesn't seem like i can add slots or make them appear after x amount of badges

my bad, i said that was my last but i'm not sure how the mart editor works?

i wanted to make mega stones buyable at a certain point, but it doesn't seem like i can add slots or make them appear after x amount of badges

Re-read the locations. For the standard mart vendors there's separate lists depending on how many badges you have.

You can't add slots as this is a .code.bin change

Re-read the locations. For the standard mart vendors there's separate lists depending on how many badges you have.

You can't add slots as this is a .code.bin change

http://comfy.moe/fnekcz.png here are the locations i'm getting, which is why i was confused

so editing the items in the badge section edits them for every mart, and then the rest are town specific?

I figured I would ask while I was searching this thread for an answer. Could someone explain exactly how the level modifiers work on both wild encounters and trainers? I've messed with it a bit and it seems like no matter what i change the value to, the pokemon levels are always the same. ( First battle the pokemon is ALWAYS lvl 10-15) and the wild ones are always lvl 1-2 so its impossible to grind for XP. I've tried changing both to 50%, 20%, 10% etc. I just want a slight level increase to BOTH so a normal level 5 poke should be level 8 or so.........

I figured I would ask while I was searching this thread for an answer. Could someone explain exactly how the level modifiers work on both wild encounters and trainers? I've messed with it a bit and it seems like no matter what i change the value to, the pokemon levels are always the same. ( First battle the pokemon is ALWAYS lvl 10-15) and the wild ones are always lvl 1-2 so its impossible to grind for XP. I've tried changing both to 50%, 20%, 10% etc. I just want a slight level increase to BOTH so a normal level 5 poke should be level 8 or so.........

Make sure the checkbox enabling level modification is checked.

https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/blob/master/pk3DS/Subforms/XYWE.cs#L526-L528

level = level * (1 + modifier/100)

in order for level 1 to change, it needs to be 100% (since it has to be doubled),

in order for level 2 to change, it needs to be at least 50% (2 * 1.5 = 3).

Make sure the checkbox enabling level modification is checked.

https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/blob/master/pk3DS/Subforms/XYWE.cs#L526-L528

level = level * (1 + modifier/100)

in order for level 1 to change, it needs to be 100% (since it has to be doubled),

in order for level 2 to change, it needs to be at least 50% (2 * 1.5 = 3).

Okay that makes a lot of sense now. Thanks a lot for the explanation. :D

When it comes to certain Wild Pokemon in X and Y (list below), would they fall under the category of Static Pokemon or Scripted Encounters? I haven't seen them in the Static Encounters editor, so I would only imagine they're scripted and can't be modified as of now.

- Snorlax on Route 7

- Venipede in bush

- Woobat/Ferroseed/Noibat/etc. from ceiling

- Banette/Garbodor/etc. from trash bins

When it comes to certain Wild Pokemon in X and Y (list below), would they fall under the category of Static Pokemon or Scripted Encounters? I haven't seen them in the Static Encounters editor, so I would only imagine they're scripted and can't be modified as of now.

- Snorlax on Route 7

- Venipede in bush

- Woobat/Ferroseed/Noibat/etc. from ceiling

- Banette/Garbodor/etc. from trash bins

haven't been found / explicitly looked for, so assuming they're just script related.

hello guys sorry for the trouble, but when randomize starters and starting the rom through hans, crashes giving me black screen ... could you tell me what is wrong? there is a method to randomize the starters without me to crash the game?

hello guys sorry for the trouble, but when randomize starters and starting the rom through hans, crashes giving me black screen ... could you tell me what is wrong? there is a method to randomize the starters without me to crash the game?

See: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44950-pk3DS-XY-ORAS-ROM-Editor-amp-Randomizer&p=215469&viewfull=1#post215469

You need to patch RO module, which cannot be done via HANS (or homebrew). Hence why pk3DS warns you when opening those editors.

Bundle of thanks for sharing I really needed this had been searching for a long time to find something like this but most of the times ended up futile, you have really helped me out a lot, keep up the good work and keep sharing such useful stuff in the future as well.

I wasn't able to. It kept giving me errors and "Unexpected Character $"

I'm really new to this but I can tell you my method for it.

I used mono and navigated to the folder with the .csproj file in it in the terminal and just used xbuild pk3ds.csproj

I'm really new to this but I can tell you my method for it.

I used mono and navigated to the folder with the .csproj file in it in the terminal and just used xbuild pk3ds.csproj

yep I give up. Just more errors.

$ --> your compiler doesn't support c# 6.0. It's one of the new language additions in the latest c# version.

lol I was using the wrong version of Visual Studio... Is the type chart supposed to crash? Also I would really appreciate if anyone here could tell me if gateway is still a good option for randomized games.