pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive posted on other forums with no luck yet. Here's the issue..

I extracted an Omega Ruby .3ds using hackingtoolkt3ds. With pk3ds, I opened the appropriate folder and edited a ton of stuff. When I rebuild the .3ds file with the pk3ds edited folders, Citra loads the original ruby, as if pk3ds never changed any of the files. I tired this 2 years ago and it worked. Ive changed nothing but now these are the results. Any idea what could be going on? Could it be pk3ds is not editing the files? A little desperate as I worked on this for like 6 months back in the day and I would hate to be unable to finish it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

When choosing "Starters" under "CRO" it crashes the randomizer.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, jdlang76 said:

Ive posted on other forums with no luck yet. Here's the issue..

I extracted an Omega Ruby .3ds using hackingtoolkt3ds. With pk3ds, I opened the appropriate folder and edited a ton of stuff. When I rebuild the .3ds file with the pk3ds edited folders, Citra loads the original ruby, as if pk3ds never changed any of the files. I tired this 2 years ago and it worked. Ive changed nothing but now these are the results. Any idea what could be going on? Could it be pk3ds is not editing the files? A little desperate as I worked on this for like 6 months back in the day and I would hate to be unable to finish it. Thanks!

That was my first issue, but unlike you I got an error from the pk3ds randomizer that it didn't rebuild completely. Tried to randomize again and now it errors whenever I try to open the starter randomizer. Waiting on a response right now.

21 hours ago, oniichi said:

Okay so I tried just redo-ing the file entirely and now the encounters won't work. I'm going to try redownloading pk3ds and see if that helps. Sorry for not waiting for a response, but I'm one of those people who likes to figure out the solution on their own if possible just so I know exactly what to do if this happens again. And you know actually see if it's something wrong with the program rather than some bug external from the randomizer.

21 hours ago, oniichi said:

Okay so I tried just redo-ing the file entirely and now the encounters won't work. I'm going to try redownloading pk3ds and see if that helps. Sorry for not waiting for a response, but I'm one of those people who likes to figure out the solution on their own if possible just so I know exactly what to do if this happens again. And you know actually see if it's something wrong with the program rather than some bug external from the randomizer.

Okay last post until I see a reply I promise: The randomizer seems to bring up error messages when you go to just randomize something and it what you're trying to randomize seems completely random when you get an error message. And if you continue to try to rebuild the file it doesn't build completely. That's what I've gathered, it's being rather buggy for whatever reason.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, oniichi said:

That was my first issue, but unlike you I got an error from the pk3ds randomizer that it didn't rebuild completely. Tried to randomize again and now it errors whenever I try to open the starter randomizer. Waiting on a response right now.

Okay last post until I see a reply I promise: The randomizer seems to bring up error messages when you go to just randomize something and it what you're trying to randomize seems completely random when you get an error message. And if you continue to try to rebuild the file it doesn't build completely. That's what I've gathered, it's being rather buggy for whatever reason.

i can send you a yt link if you still try stuff i did everything like he did and it worked fine without problems EXCEPT the pick up items so has someone a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello. In the "Trainers" window, there's 3 options: Healer, Moves and Items. I'd like to know what do they do. Thank you!

EDIT: I figured out that Moves is when their Pokémon have specific moves, and Items when they have specific hold items. But what does Healer mean? Help please!

Edited by Kyuchi

I'm trying to customize Omega Ruby, but when I edit the trainers' pokemon, most of them do not allow me to edit the movesets (some do, however). Does anyone know why this is happening? I don't get any error messages and this did not happen with my Alpha Sapphire rom. I have already tried 3 different Omega Ruby Roms but they all have this issue? I have already deleted everything and started from scratch with a new PK3DS download and all, still no fix.

image.png.5c21b7a959eda18bb82d133f8fc56827.pngimage.png.7eeaed7f3e0b339d72c1320647b47069.png

11 minutes ago, PollyTics said:

I'm trying to customize Omega Ruby, but when I edit the trainers' pokemon, most of them do not allow me to edit the movesets (some do, however). Does anyone know why this is happening? I don't get any error messages and this did not happen with my Alpha Sapphire rom. I have already tried 3 different Omega Ruby Roms but they all have this issue? I have already deleted everything and started from scratch with a new PK3DS download and all, still no fix.

image.png.5c21b7a959eda18bb82d133f8fc56827.pngimage.png.7eeaed7f3e0b339d72c1320647b47069.png

Because the Trainer Info is set to not have a moveset.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:52 AM, Kaphotics said:

Because the Trainer Info is set to not have a moveset.

Sorry for not replying earlier, but thank you! this fixed the issue! Previously, I used the randomize function to increase the levels a little before I did any changes and that automatically checks that box on the trainer tab, which is why I didn't realize it before. 

18 minutes ago, Manman said:

When I try to edit the personal data of a Pokémon nothing happens after I export the changes but over stuff work any fixes?

As previously answered numerous times, you need to uninstall any game patches in order for the modified content to be loaded. If the game patch overwrites content, then the patch data is used rather than the ROM/mod content.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2020 at 8:26 AM, ABZB said:
  1. In the USUM trainer editor, what does the Flag checkbox next to the Money dropdown do?
  2. Whenever an enemy trainer's Blastoise mega-evolves, when it faints the game registers it as fainted (fainting animation, experience distributed) but the HP bar remains with what looks like a single HP remaining, and the battle will not end, nor can the Blastoise be hit by anything I've tried outside of Hail and Sandstorm... This does not happen for any other Mega Evolution.

Has the Mega Blastoise issue already been fixed? I also have the same problem in Ultra Sun but against an NPC's Mega Heracross. I assumed it was because I edited Heracross' BST while not bothering Mega Heracross, though I also edited some BST on ORAS and unaffected Mega Evolved NPC completely fainted after  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 6:56 PM, Kaphotics said:

As previously answered numerous times, you need to uninstall any game patches in order for the modified content to be loaded. If the game patch overwrites content, then the patch data is used rather than the ROM/mod content.

So, for example, if I edit the starters and shiny odds in a ORAS latest version ROM and convert it into a cia file and installed it on 3DS, my changes won't appear ?

• Kaphotics changed the title to pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

I'm trying to edit some moves for my USUM ROM through pk3DS and while I have no problems making small tweaks to moves, if I try to change the effect of the move it won't behave properly. Examples that come to mind are me trying to turn Whirlwind into a Dragon Tail clone with the same parameters and effect number as Dragon Tail, but when I try to use the move in-game it won't force the pokemon out. Or trying to turn Memento into Parting Shot with all of the exact same parameters, but my Pokemon won't switch out. Same thing happens by trying to turn Parting Shot into a Dark-type U-Turn. I've read about people editing the code.bin files to edit the actual move code and I think I need to do that in order to make the moves work? I just have no idea how I'd go about doing this, or if that's what I even need to do. Any advice on what I need to do to start would help tremendously.