pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Hi I seem to have a problem I'm trying to randomize Pokemun Ultra Moon and when I go to edit the TMs it says I'm missing .code.bin. Did I miss something when extracting my ExeFS? (I'm extracting using GodMode9 and a digital copy of the game)

Is there any way I can fully randomize the pokemon's ability. The only options I have is the 1st, 2nd and hidden ability available. Plus, my items doesn't seem to be randomized, did I do something wrong? 

image.png

Edited by Markai123

1. In the USUM trainer editor, what does the Flag checkbox next to the Money dropdown do?
  2. Whenever an enemy trainer's Blastoise mega-evolves, when it faints the game registers it as fainted (fainting animation, experience distributed) but the HP bar remains with what looks like a single HP remaining, and the battle will not end, nor can the Blastoise be hit by anything I've tried outside of Hail and Sandstorm... This does not happen for any other Mega Evolution.

I'm trying to randomise pokemon y, everything works great apart from the tm, pokemart , and item randomisation, which is not randomised at all. The tm description is the same, but only teaches the base move. Can anyone give any pointers to fix this?

Thanks in advance :)

never mind sorted it, had to rename the exe file code.bin

Edited by Ael Egroeg

Could someone point me to where and how USUM stores the data on variant formes?
I seem to have somehow deleted whatever reference makes Cherrim's sun forme connect to its base form. In the personal editor, Cherrim's base forme (421) has a 1 in "Formes Count", its name is rendered as just "- 823", and in the Mega Evolution editor, it no longer recognizes Cherrim as having multiple formes.

I'm not sure how that happened, but I assume a value was unintentionally overwritten, so I hope to just fix it manually.

Edited by ABZB

Hi, i've download the software but instant crash when i run it

Exception Details:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
Nom de fichier : 'pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   à pk3DS.Main.ChangeLanguage(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   à pk3DS.Main..ctor()
   à pk3DS.Program.Main()

AVT : la journalisation de liaison d'assembly est désactivée.
Pour activer la journalisation des échecs de liaison d'assembly, attribuez la valeur 1 à la valeur de Registre [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD).
Remarque : une certaine perte de performance est associée à l'enregistrement dans le journal des échecs de liaison d'assembly.
Pour désactiver cette fonctionnalité, supprimez la valeur de Registre [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\PROPRI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO4B1AFF34\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=fr, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=fr, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

the program is already extract and .NET framework is up to date

edit : i found the problem i forgot to extract pk3DS.Core

edit 2 : another problem, program don't support US/UM because it's "too big"

Edited by Asther

I've download the one on first page of this topic

I've tried with alpha sapphire and this happened (i click on No on Unpack sub file, because nothing happened if  i click Yes) :

470937178_Annotation2020-07-01034414.png.f61d2522c5d667b01fd4c22f08f8a315.png

Edited by Asther

i tried to extract it with hackingtoolkit3DS on a decrypted rom but just RomFS and ExeFS folder are missing. Did i forgot something ?

(It's v12 of hackingtoolkit3DS)

On hackingtool3DS it don't ask me to decompress the code.bin file

It's for Citra emulator

Edited by Asther

4 hours ago, Asther said:

i tried to extract it with hackingtoolkit3DS on a decrypted rom but just RomFS and ExeFS folder are missing. Did i forgot something ?

(It's v12 of hackingtoolkit3DS)

On hackingtool3DS it don't ask me to decompress the code.bin file

It's for Citra emulator

Not to sling crap at hackingtoolkit3DS, but I've seen all kinds of errors from people;
and they either used a bad dump themselves, or the program failed to give them what they want.

Anyhow, who knows what you did wrong, or how the program could have failed.
There's too many wild variables to troubleshoot.
So once again, I recommend you get the RomFS and ExeFS folders from the game on your 3DS. We have a tutorial for that.

Is there any way to make mega evolved pokemon to stay in their mega forms outside of battle? What about Primal Reversion?

Also, I've been trying to play through Pokemon Y with inverse type matchups. I change the type chart, but whenever I do that, the starters and their abilities aren't randomized, as well as type matchups. Moves and trainer pokemon are randomized, though. I would appreciate the help.

Edited by Dinosnake76

Excellent editor! 

I do have a few requests (if your team takes requests) for some features earlier randomizers have and other things

• option to randomize trainer pokemon, keeping the same number of pokemon each trainer has (it looks like it makes every trainer have a random number of pokemon, where other randomizers would keep the number of pokemon the same and just change which ones they had)
  • Abilities kept through evolutions option (i.e. if Bulbasaur gets huge power, Ivysaur will also get it)
  • More control on EV training for important trainers (Gen 7 has lots of important trainers and totems with EV training, it'd be neat to have an option to give them good EV spreads based on their base stats, such as picking their top 3 stats and maxing EVs on a random 2 of those 3 stats)
  • Button to change all battles to doubles with doubles AI

Whenever I use the trainer editor and go into the game, after the fight if you talk to them the game freezes for a few seconds then they come up with a blank text box. This is the same as when I try to give them prizes except I also get an item. I don’t mind the freezing if there’s no way to fix that but I really want to edit the text/keep it the same as the original game. Is there any way to edit those text boxes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

First of all, really nice work on the tool, it's really great! 

I'm having a problem trying to randomize Omega Ruby. Everything seems to randomize properly except for the starters. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks!

When i put in my file with the files from extraction pk3ds gives me a big error function

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at pk3DS.Main.CloseForm(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e) in d:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 141
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

C:\Users\curse\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\curse\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

Genuinely no clue how to fix it

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this error when I try to rebuild both Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Ultra Sun

Exception Details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.CTRUtil.setNCCH(String EXEFS_PATH, String ROMFS_PATH, String EXHEADER_PATH, String TB_Serial, String LOGO_NAME, ProgressBar PB_Show, RichTextBox TB_Progress)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.CTRUtil.buildROM(Boolean Card2, String LOGO_NAME, String EXEFS_PATH, String ROMFS_PATH, String EXHEADER_PATH, String SERIAL_TEXT, String SAVE_PATH, Boolean trimmed, ProgressBar PB_Show, RichTextBox TB_Progress)
   at pk3DS.Main.<>c__DisplayClass66_0.<B_Rebuild3DS_Click>b__0() in d:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 1267
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

C:\Users\Trap\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Trap\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

In output it seems to end at "Assembling NCCH Header..."

Hey guys, 

this thread seems pretty old but I can’t find any help anywhere else. 

I have successfully randomised my copy of Pokémon Sun, everything works fine except for the randomised pokemon sos battles/ calling for help. Every time I try to use an adrenaline orb it just states that it failed and the Pokémon fails to call for help 

any help on fixing this would be appreciated it’s driving me nuts atm lol