pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I have been able to succefully randomize my Pokemon X game at my first try (exemple, trainers are well randomized). But, I've failed to randomize the wild pokemons, there's only the vanilla ones appearing.
After some times of researches i've seen that the problems is actually from the patch of the game. Mine is 1.5, and the game stopped working when I removed the update from the 3DS directly. 

I know the problem have been known for long, but I'm having a hard time fidding the good process to how to make it work.

I'm editing the game downloaded as .CIA from Internet first and not from my physical cardrige.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone that would give me some advices c:

Hey, so there are 63 pages I'd have to sift through, so forgive me if this has been answered before, but is there any way to randomize wild pokemon in a way that places pokemon of similar power levels in the same place? (For example, I think the Universal Randomizer does it based on a pokemon's stat total, if I'm not mistaken?)

Exception Details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializePersonal()
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializeAll()
   at pk3DS.Main.openQuick(String path) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 226
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 101
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.402, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Katfrog1\Downloads\3ds modding\randomizer\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Katfrog1\Downloads\3ds modding\randomizer\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.
how can i fix this...

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really know what you are asking but if you want to know how to see and edit the wild encounters just select the wild encounters tab once you load the game onto the program. Hope that helped somewhat. 

Also does anyone know how to edit a specific trainer's pokemon? I want to actually change certain trainers pokemon but I think it only gives me the option to randomize.

31 minutes ago, Victini494 said:

I don't really know what you are asking but if you want to know how to see and edit the wild encounters just select the wild encounters tab once you load the game onto the program. Hope that helped somewhat. 

Also does anyone know how to edit a specific trainer's pokemon? I want to actually change certain trainers pokemon but I think it only gives me the option to randomize.

That looks to be correct. One other question if you don't mind. Is there a way for the wild encounters you search for to be set to your current TID? When I search for the wild encounters I get some with my OT but the TID is different.

8 hours ago, Victini494 said:

Why does it show nothing for the pokemon species or offer me an option to change anything?484579727_Pk3dshelp.PNG.f0ea1e19e24dac0e7cd0239901471983.PNG

Isn't it because there's nothing selected? Try to select a pokémon from the Team squares below or an empty space there and change things. See if it works.

Does anyone know if it's possible to trigger certain event flags earlier in the game? For example if I wanted to allow the user access to mega evolutions before battling Dexio/Sina or trigger the E4 event flag before actually beating them. I know PKHeX has a way of triggering the Mega event flag but I was wondering how exactly it does that. 

Hello,

a half hour ago I randomized my Pokemon Omega Ruby but now if I try to start the game, Citra crashes. I tried a different game and that one worked.

Why does Citra crash the moment I want to play the randomized Omega Ruby? And what can I do against that?

Hey guys,

I succesfully randomized Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and everything worked fine, but every Trainer Pokemon I encounter is always using struggle! 

Now if I check the Trainer Editor, I find that every pokemon's attack move is greyed out, does this mean they don't know any move?

Does anybody know how I can bring back the moves to the Trainer Pokemon?
Thanks

image.png.0d6af9ee418ff522c2abdc6ac221ad49.png 

Ahoy there!

I'm having a problem with Randomizing Pokemon X. I'm able to get the wild Pokemon to be randomized but the trainer's Pokemon are still the same from the base game.

Frankly I have no clue what to do. I'm using an Old 3DS XL to play it and I used these directions. 

https://zetadesigns.github.io/randomizing-layeredfs.html

I used the manual method cause the auto method didn't work for me.

Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, been randomizing my pokemon games and was able to do Ultra Sun and Alpha Sapphire, though I did notice when randomizing Pokémon X I was able to do it but when I put in the 1.5 update the game reverts back to normal. removing the update restores the randomizer. Is it possible to randomize the updates? I ask this cause the citra emulator has cheats that only work on 1.5