pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Kaphotics, I am randomizing Pokemon Omega Ruby for the first time and I'm having an issue with the trainers pokemon.

When I randomize the trainers pokemon their pokemon have no moves so they always use struggle in battle.

What could be wrong?

Hi Kaphotics, I am currently using Citra to play Oras, and I don't have a 3DS. I want to edit the CRO files to change the static encounters, gift pokemons, but i am stuck at rebuilding those files. I searched and it said that i need Luma, but i don't have a 3ds for that. Are there anyway that i can mod the CROs, or at least safely rebuild those ?

18 hours ago, Doxy06 said:

Kaphotics, I am randomizing Pokemon Omega Ruby for the first time and I'm having an issue with the trainers pokemon.

When I randomize the trainers pokemon their pokemon have no moves so they always use struggle in battle.

What could be wrong?

Did you add the moves to those trainers' pokemons ?

I modified the height of primal groudon from 16'05" to 22'04" with pk3ds. I also modified the height of primal kyogre to be as bit as mega steelix as well. However, the game managed to "rank" primal kyogre as equal height as mega steelix, yet showed primal groudon (22'04" as shown below ) to be shorter than even milotic (20'04"). Could someone please show me how to fix this ? 

image.png.9c677aaf469784516ff824229f2dad2c.png

image.png.9fa2ddd5b753c3b46189ae5369e92bb5.png

Something I'm having trouble with when ripping the custom trainer files for Sun/Moon is trying to find the color masks for the individual parts. I've managed to get them once by pure accident, but that was a while ago and I can't find out how to replicate what I did. Can anyone help me out with this?

Im randomizing Alpha Sapphire and when I load the files in a select personal stats I get this

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Invalid GARC Version: 0xCD1E bij pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.unpackGARC(Stream stream) bij pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.unpackGARC(Byte[] data) bij pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.getMemGARC(String file) bij pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.getGARCByReference(GARCReference gr) bij pk3DS.Main.<B_StoryText_Click>b__31_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:regel 445 bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) bij System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() Loaded Assemblies: -------------------- mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.358, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null C:\Users\Jef\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=nl, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null C:\Users\Jef\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=nl, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll -------------------- User Message: An unhandled exception has occurred. The program must now close.

I need some help here as this is really important for me to get done quickly.

I also just tried a build from about 3 months ago and it had the same issue.

Edited by MelodicAlbuild

Can I get some help here, please? I've been trying to get this to work for a long time, and only one other person has ever had the same problem - and their question wasn't answered. So the first time I looked in the personal stats tab (randomising Moon), I was able to randomise them successfully. But when I tried to dump the results, pk3DS crashed. And every time I've tried to even access the personal stats since then, pk3DS just immediately crashes. Here's the error message:

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Personal_Click>b__34_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 584
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Asher\Desktop\pk3DS Build 379\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Asher\Desktop\pk3DS Build 379\pk3DS.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

I've tried multiple versions of pk3DS, I've tried restoring the original files, but nothing works. Please can I have some kind of solution for this?

Got back to Pk3ds about a week ago and still the same issue that I got in early January this year.

Everytime I click on "Personal Stats" I get the same issue as MelodicAlbuild and BrownieComicWriter (see posts above).

This issue is not game related, as I tested it with Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby, but also with X and Sun & Moon.

Would be very welcomed, if this gets a fix.

On a site note: Everything else just works perfectly fine and I cannot thank you more for this tool :D

First of all: This application looks nearly too good to be true. 

But then again I also get the error like th epeople above me, whenever I want to edit Personal Stats. 

But I do not know why I get an error like this, as I followed the updated guide by The4thgengamer on YouTube. And they were able to do anything this program offers. 

I anyone could tell me my mistakes or link me to a good guide, would be very welcomed. 

5 hours ago, Paslord16 said:

First of all: This application looks nearly too good to be true. 

But then again I also get the error like th epeople above me, whenever I want to edit Personal Stats. 

But I do not know why I get an error like this, as I followed the updated guide by The4thgengamer on YouTube. And they were able to do anything this program offers. 

I anyone could tell me my mistakes or link me to a good guide, would be very welcomed. 

Read the comment section. He screwed up the tutorial steps. There are pages and pages of ppl asking the same thing about personal stats / etc not working, when every error message contains "3DS Randomizer Pack"; please read previous pages!

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Read the comment section. He screwed up the tutorial steps. There are pages and pages of ppl asking the same thing about personal stats / etc not working, when every error message contains "3DS Randomizer Pack"; please read previous pages!

I've looked everywhere for a solution to my problem, and only one person has reported the same error message as I got. It's nothing to do with his randomiser pack, because I didn't use it. Please, if you know why this error is occurring:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Then PLEASE could you tell me what I need to do?

14 minutes ago, BrownieComicWriter said:

I've looked everywhere for a solution to my problem, and only one person has reported the same error message as I got. It's nothing to do with his randomiser pack, because I didn't use it. Please, if you know why this error is occurring:

Then PLEASE could you tell me what I need to do?

Re-dump the ROM content and start over, the data the program is trying to read is not valid. You can always copy over individual modified garcs, assuming they are from the same game and aren't corrupt.

4 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Re-dump the ROM content and start over, the data the program is trying to read is not valid. You can always copy over individual modified garcs, assuming they are from the same game and aren't corrupt.

Thanks, it worked!

By the way, I have a suggestion - there's an option to remove trade evolutions, but moveset-based evolutions (e.g. Tangela with Ancient Power) aren't removed, and neither is Inkay (since you physically can't turn the 3DS upside-down), so they have to be fixed manually. Do you think for the sake of convenience that that could be changed? Thanks again.

I've started having problems where if I open the files with pk3DS even if I don't change anything about it when I rebuild the ROM it just breaks it, if I take untouched files and rebuild them, it works with but if I even just load them in pk3DS and rebuild them it breaks it. Any ideas on the problem, it worked fine before 

Hey there, hoping you can help me. My friend and I are going to compete in randomized runs against one another, so I'm randomizing both of our games. Mine worked perfectly on the first try. His... Not so much. Here's the steps I've taken, as well as possible differences. Hopefully someone can advise if I've borked up the steps on his. This is using a physical gamecart.

1. Use gm9 to decrypt the gamecart to the sd card
2. Use an extractor tool to the romfs and exefs folders, place those folders into a clean folder
3. Import that folder into pk3ds
4. Randomize as desired, then view the GARCs
5. Copy the .code.bin into the prepped luma->titles etc. folder, rename to code.bin
6. Copy over the changed files from the extracted/randomized folders into the matching places in the prepped ultra moon file
7. Copy the luma folder into the root of the SD card
8. Insert SD card into device, check if any dlc needs to be deleted.
9. Profit

The only difference I could think of in the method (unless I missed something, I did them a week apart so I'm thinking I must have just messed up) was that his gamecart was brand new, had not been played or updated yet (I'm currently dumping a decrypt of the updated version to give that a try, but its got a half hour left) -- would that have been relevant?

I appreciate any help someone can give! Thanks all

Hopefully a quick fix here, but I finally got my randomizer to work on my pokemon moon game. However the three randomized starters are (Electrode, Woobat, Druddigon) However twice I've reloaded and picked the druddigon and when it gets to the nickname screen, I get a torchic instead. Picked electrode and I get Squirtle, picked woobat and I got a klink I'm not quite sure where I went wrong, in pk3ds my starters should be the three I mentioned so I don't think it's a game text issue. Any help would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, Ownage11579 said:

Hopefully a quick fix here, but I finally got my randomizer to work on my pokemon moon game. However the three randomized starters are (Electrode, Woobat, Druddigon) However twice I've reloaded and picked the druddigon and when it gets to the nickname screen, I get a torchic instead. Picked electrode and I get Squirtle, picked woobat and I got a klink I'm not quite sure where I went wrong, in pk3ds my starters should be the three I mentioned so I don't think it's a game text issue. Any help would be appreciated!

You likely randomized the starter selection screen and the static gift encounters to have different values.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:10 AM, Kaphotics said:

You likely randomized the starter selection screen and the static gift encounters to have different values.

Are there any ways that I can safely modify the static encounters without breaking the files other than using Luma ? I don't have a 3ds to use that 

Edited by khanghuynh93

Not sure if this has been solved yet, but I'm having a bit of an odd issue here. 

I'll say right away I'm using The4thGenGamer's tutorial on randomizing 3ds Pokemon games, but I'm using a digital copy, so I don't think it's the same issue most other people are having. I've got my game dumped and all that, my problem occurs when I try to load the folder. I get "Data found! Loading persistent data" but it just stays blank and never actually loads. 

Not sure what to do, tried looking everywhere for a solution. Hope someone can help

• 2 weeks later...

I am encountering a crash whenever I try to randomise the wild encounters and trainers.
This is what is spits out:

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 120 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
Parametername: Value
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   bei pk3DS.Main.<B_Wild_Click>b__36_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:Zeile 666.
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.383, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Users\marte\Documents\3DS\Randomiser\pk3DS Build 383\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=de, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Users\marte\Documents\3DS\Randomiser\pk3DS Build 383\pk3DS.Core.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=de, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

Hey there. i'm playing a lot with pk3ds and today i wanted to modify the exp gain, so that i don't get any exp after... everything.

Is this possible? The best solution at the moment is, that i always get only 1 exp after battle. It's nearly the same effect, but i'm looking for the 0 exp.

Can anyone help?