pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

I'm randomizing Ultra Moon, each time I want to enter the Personal Stats tab, I get this error message and it crashes the program, I have my anti-virus on and running in admin mode:

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Personal_Click>b__34_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 552
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.301, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Ameen\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Ameen\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

Edited by Endermeen

4 hours ago, Endermeen said:

I have my anti-virus on

Again, if you have an extremely aggressive antivirus that is causing other problems, you'll need to keep it disabled or add exclusions so it doesn't mess with pk3DS.

If your antivirus stops pk3DS from setting data correctly, you'll get these generic errors every time.

Start with a clean ROM dump (so that all files are present as intended), then neuter your antivirus so it stops interfering with the program.

10 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Again, if you have an extremely aggressive antivirus that is causing other problems, you'll need to keep it disabled or add exclusions so it doesn't mess with pk3DS.

If your antivirus stops pk3DS from setting data correctly, you'll get these generic errors every time.

Start with a clean ROM dump (so that all files are present as intended), then neuter your antivirus so it stops interfering with the program.

I have kaspersky right now and I have it disabled which allows me to enter the other tabs fine, the Rom dump I'm using is currently somewhat randomized, should I dump it again and start the randomization process over?

Unfortunatly, no dice, I tried a fresh copy but the error when launching both TMs or anything in the ExeFS tab as well as Personal Stats will end up giving me that error. I know for sure it has something to do with my system and not the actual file itself, I just need to figure out what could be potentially causing this and I'm willing to delete whatever software is causing this.

Could it have something to do with the .dll files? It seems to be telling me more about them, I've been asking around and thats a response a got, I tried to turn off firewall too,I guess I have no other choice but try it on another system? That's horrible though.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DonnellyFTW said:

Hello, I'm having issues randomising the Starters on Alpha Sapphire. I've Extracted the RomFS and ExeFS and randomised them using pk3DS but when I'm not sure what to copy (I imagine the .code.bin) to get the data from the CRO across. Any help is much appreciated

Pro-tip: sort by date modified to see what files were changed when moving files over with your LayeredFS.

Generation 6
- DllBattle.cro: Type Chart
- DllField.cro: Static Encounters, Gift Pokemon, Starter Pokemon
- DllPoke3Select.cro: Starter Pokemon (3D model replacement)

Generation 7
- Shop.cro: Poke Mart inventories

1 hour ago, sora10pls said:

Pro-tip: sort by date modified to see what files were changed when moving files over with your LayeredFS.

Generation 6
- DllBattle.cro: Type Chart
- DllField.cro: Static Encounters, Gift Pokemon, Starter Pokemon
- DllPoke3Select.cro: Starter Pokemon (3D model replacement)

Generation 7
- Shop.cro: Poke Mart inventories

Thanks for this.

New issue however. After now moving those Cro files to my SD Card, the game now crashes whenever I try to load the save - or start a new game just before exiting the truck.

If I take them off, it loads perfectly fine. I've also tried rerandomising those CRO's to check if that was the cause but had the same result.

Any ideas?

44 minutes ago, DonnellyFTW said:

After now moving those Cro files to my SD Card, the game now crashes whenever I try to load the save - or start a new game just before exiting the truck.

Make sure you're using Luma LayeredFS on the latest release of Luma3DS (9.0); the issue you're describing is the RO module not being patched.

Hi, 

Can you please explain to me the Effect box, the Flags boxes, as well as the 0xB box ? What value can I put in there ? In other words, do you have a chart of those values ? For example, if I want Freeze Shock a 1- turn move with 30% chance of paralysis, what value should I put into the Effect box ? What value should be put for the Flags boxes ? If i change the values, would the animation for the move be different ? I changed the value for Flags 1 box to 175, yet nothing changed.

Also, I wanted to edit ablities, yet I don't know how to do it. For example, I really like the Delta Stream ability due to its ability to reduce damage done to flying types; however, it is easily negated by Air Lock, or changed by Primal Weathers. As a result, I want the Delta Stream not only change the current weather to strong wind, but also prevents other weathers ( including Air Lock, Desolated Lands, Primordial Sea ) from taking effect

Capture.JPG

Edited by khanghuynh93

16 hours ago, sora10pls said:

Make sure you're using Luma LayeredFS on the latest release of Luma3DS (9.0); the issue you're describing is the RO module not being patched.

I've just checked and I am. If it helps I also used CRO with no issues with UM a month ago

Edited by DonnellyFTW
spelling error

7 hours ago, DonnellyFTW said:

I've just checked and I am. If it helps I also used CRO with no issues with UM a month ago

Do you have update data for your game installed? You're likely running the latest version of ORAS (v1.4) with a dump from the game (no update data, v1.0). If there's a mismatch between what's installed (1.4) and what's on your SD Card (1.0) in terms of ExeFS and CROs, the game will crash.

Either dump the 1.4 update data and use that in your editing process when using pk3DS, or delete your game's update data and run the 1.0 data.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

Do you have update data for your game installed? You're likely running the latest version of ORAS (v1.4) with a dump from the game (no update data, v1.0). If there's a mismatch between what's installed (1.4) and what's on your SD Card (1.0) in terms of ExeFS and CROs, the game will crash.

Either dump the 1.4 update data and use that in your editing process when using pk3DS, or delete your game's update data and run the 1.0 data.

Thanks for this, turns out this was the issue and it is now working properly 

19 hours ago, sora10pls said:

One last issue, I can't randomise the items in game. I believe I've put everything in the right place, but I'm not sure.

Again any help is appreciated.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:22 PM, khanghuynh93 said:

Hi, 

Can you please explain to me the Effect box, the Flags boxes, as well as the 0xB box ? What value can I put in there ? In other words, do you have a chart of those values ? For example, if I want Freeze Shock a 1- turn move with 30% chance of paralysis, what value should I put into the Effect box ? What value should be put for the Flags boxes ? If i change the values, would the animation for the move be different ? I changed the value for Flags 1 box to 175, yet nothing changed.

Also, I wanted to edit ablities, yet I don't know how to do it. For example, I really like the Delta Stream ability due to its ability to reduce damage done to flying types; however, it is easily negated by Air Lock, or changed by Primal Weathers. As a result, I want the Delta Stream not only change the current weather to strong wind, but also prevents other weathers ( including Air Lock, Desolated Lands, Primordial Sea ) from taking effect

Capture.JPG

Someone please help me 

3 hours ago, DonnellyFTW said:

One last issue, I can't randomise the items in game. I believe I've put everything in the right place, but I'm not sure.

Wild Pokémon held items are in the Personal Stats Editor, and Pickup items are in the Pickup Editor. Field items (and anything related to scripting) can’t be edited as of now.

11 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

Wild Pokémon held items are in the Personal Stats Editor, and Pickup items are in the Pickup Editor. Field items (and anything related to scripting) can’t be edited as of now.

Apologies, I meant the PokeMart's in the ExeFS tab. I've randomised them in PK3ds but it's not showing up in the game properly 

Hi I'm trying to randomize pokemon Sun. I've dumped from a physical cartridge and turned off my anti-virus. However after exiting pk3ds, even if I made no changes to the ROM, I get the following error:

Any changes that are made are not saved. Any help is appreciated.

Exception Details:
System.IO.IOException: The file exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.packGARC(Byte[][] data, Int32 version, Int32 contentpadnearest)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.MemGARC.set_Files(Byte[][] value)
   at pk3DS.Main.formClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 134
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.307, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\user\Downloads\3DS Randomizer Pack\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

C:\Users\user\Downloads\3DS Randomizer Pack\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

16 hours ago, dr.sycamore11 said:

Hi I'm trying to randomize pokemon Sun. I've dumped from a physical cartridge and turned off my anti-virus. However after exiting pk3ds, even if I made no changes to the ROM, I get the following error:

Any changes that are made are not saved. Any help is appreciated.

Exception Details:
System.IO.IOException: The file exists.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)

Open a new Windows Explorer view (Windows Key + E), and enter "%TEMP%" (no quotes) into the search bar and press enter. You can probably delete all the files there (or maybe just run ccleaner or another cleaning utility). Basically pk3DS tries to get a temporary file location, but the random file it gets is already used (failing).

Hello,

I was trying to access the personal stats for my pokemon Y game and this error popped up. Any ideas? 

Exception Details:
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Personal_Click>b__34_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 545
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.308, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Stayin Alive\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

C:\Users\Stayin Alive\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
The program must now close.

I'm trying to randomize my copy of Alpha Sapphire, but every time I attempt to edit anything in the EXEFS tab, I get the following error.

Exception Details:
   at pk3DS.Core.Util.IndexOfBytes(Byte[] array, Byte[] pattern, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
   at pk3DS.OPower..ctor() in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen6\OPower.cs:line 22
   at pk3DS.Main.B_OPower_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 948
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.309, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Neo\Downloads\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

C:\Users\Neo\Downloads\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.